Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, been here for a couple months, I'm from Cleveland Ohio USA, 46 years old, been gaming since DOOM, love the Witcher, probably going to end up ordering the book from England since I can't wait for the English translation to become available in the US, and this is the first game where I actually liked it so much and got so into it that I'm driving my husband crazy and am becoming active on the forums.. :)

DOOM ! :eek: Gosh! I have that game as well... burried somewhere in a dusty corner of a forgotten cupboard. I guess it was one of those games overhere in Germany that caused a furore about too much (bloody) violence and got indicated.

As I recall, DOOM didn't have much of anything BESIDES lots and lots of bloody violence...play through an area, get bigger and better guns to kill more bigger and badder things, go to the next area reload, respawn, repeat. ]:->

Yep and exactly that is considered in Germany to have a bad influence on young poeple. The argumentation says, they lose the basis to RL This arguement gets in particular highlighted when a teen runs amok and shots poeple and he owned a "bad" PC game. Other signs and responsibilities (problems in school or family, no friends, etc.) are mentioned casually... but that's an other story.

We get the same lunacy here... much easier to blame the video game / music / movie / etcetera than to look at the problems in the kid's life, but as you said, that's another story. < Insert 45 minute rant here >.

Well it's always easier to point fingers than to actually look at the real cause.Anyway, my name's Scott, I'm 42 and live in Phoenix, AZ. I picked up Witcher yesterday and like it quite a bit so far. I even like the battle system though it takes some getting used to. I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi guys, got The Witcher as an X-Mas pressie only installed it today (new machine) really likeing it so far, I'm used to WoW so the battle sys does take a bit getting used too.BTW I'm Graham,24 Network Engineer from Ireland.

Rattleheadie said:
Hi guys, got The Witcher as an X-Mas pressie only installed it today (new machine) really likeing it so far, I'm used to WoW so the battle sys does take a bit getting used too.BTW I'm Graham,24 Network Engineer from Ireland.
You won't regret it... wait until Geralt learned more refinement in combat... the animation is just amazing 8)btwWelcome all on board

I'm Tony from Ploiesti, Romania finished The Witcher a couple of days ago....started to re-play NWN2, stoped after 5 mins and started to re-play The Witcher...;D.I guess I will give it another 2 runs at least, maybe by the time I will finish it again and again some addon will be realeased or at least some mods...

Hello together, I'am new here from Germany, and I must say "CD Projekt Red" have done a very great job. The game is very highly recommended so far. I'm only at Act II but if the enthusiasm still goes to end, I will kiss the feet of every member of the team evey day!

BarryTheChopper said:
Hello together, I'am new here from Germany, and I must say "CD Projekt Red" have done a very great job. The game is very highly recommended so far. I'm only at Act II but if the enthusiasm still goes to end, I will kiss the feet of every member of the team evey day!
yeah, i love the game too, but i wouldn't go THAT far :p

My name is Gary and I'm from the US and work as a computer programmer/analyst. I mostly only play tactical shooters in multiplayer....rig door with C4, blow it, throw flashbang into room, rush in and hopefully shoot the perps and not the hostages. Okay, yeah, not much in common with The Witcher. ;) But I've been looking for an RPG game to play for a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g time without success. I tried Morrowind and hated it. I watched some long trailers of Oblivion at gametrailers.com and did not think that it was the game for me. I had heard little bits and pieces of The Witcher when it came out but it didn't set off any "alarms" for me. I saw a picture of Geralt fighting a Frightener and didn't think much more about it...okay just another game with swords and magic, right? The only post I heard about it in the forums I post was someone complaining that it was one of the buggiest games ever made. Hmmm. Somehow, something piqued my interest and I began researching the game. The professional reviews were pretty good (~80%, not great) but they were turned off by the technical glitches. But then I started reading the reviews of players themselves and knew that there had to be something very good about this game. Players were giving it incredible praise. I'm playing the demo right now on my new 8800GTS 512(G92) and an E2180 cpu (stock 2.0Ghz) clocked at 3.24Ghz. The game's graphics look phenomenal! I'm a total noob at combat and am searching these forums for tips on sword fighting. I hope the game itself has a tutorial. Right now I'm just hacking and slashing and stringing combos together. I ordered the game and should have it in a week. I very much look forward to playing this game. If CDProjekt improves on this game in a sequel, they will have a monster of a franchise on their hands!By the way, I'm an American but both my grandparents on my father's side were born in Poland. So "Jak się masz" baby!

desertjedi said:
By the way, I'm an American but both my grandparents on my father's side were born in Poland. So "Jak się masz" baby!
lol, dobrze, dupa mi boli, ale dobrze :DI know you don't know what i said, but hey

DivineOne said:
I'm Tony from Ploiesti, Romania finished The Witcher a couple of days ago....started to re-play NWN2, stoped after 5 mins and started to re-play The Witcher...;D.I guess I will give it another 2 runs at least, maybe by the time I will finish it again and again some addon will be realeased or at least some mods...
Hi there Tony,how are you?Cam ciudat nume pentru un roman ;DIn orice caz hai noroc!O sa ma apuc si eu de The Witcher,dar la vara pentru ca am de dat BAC-ul :( si nu vreau la oral cand ma intreaba ceva sa le povestesc aventurile mele din The Witcher ;)Inca odata hai noroc si la mai mare :beer:

AmShaegar said:
AmShaegar said:
Hi there Tony,how are you?Cam ciudat nume pentru un roman ;DIn orice caz hai noroc!O sa ma apuc si eu de The Witcher,dar la vara pentru ca am de dat BAC-ul :( si nu vreau la oral cand ma intreaba ceva sa le povestesc aventurile mele din The Witcher ;)Inca odata hai noroc si la mai mare :beer:
Salut!De ce e ciudat?Ca are litera "y" in el? ;D! Ce sa zic, faci foarte bine daca il lasi dupa BAC ca o sa iti cam manance o gramada de timp si asta nu ca ar fi foarte lung, dar cu siguranta o sa vrei sa-l mai joci de cel putin 2 ori (are trei finaluri diferite)...dar cu siguranta o sa-ti placa al draq de mult....Bafta multa la examene si spor la invatat! [size=18pt]TRANSLATION[/size] ;D :
AmShaegar said:
Hi there Tony,how are you?Strange name for a romanian ;DI will also start playing The Witcher, but starting from summer because I have exams (and I don't want to describe to the teachers my adventures in The Witcher when they examine me ;) )Cya and good luck! :beer:
Hi!Why is it wierd because it has the "y" letter in it? ;D! What can I say, u are doing a good thing if u leave it for now and start playimg after the exams because it will take most of ur time, not that is a very long game, but u will want to play it at least two more times (it has three diffrent endings)...but u will enjoy it for sure...Good luck with ur exams and everything!

Hullo.I'm an art student (vocational college, first year) from Finland.I got The Witcher a few months ago but since I'm a shy lurker it took me all this time to write an introduction of myself, even though there isn't much to tell.I've been a gamer since I was 4 (thanks, dad), and I've been playing RPG-labeled games for... 8 years or so. Not much exp with PC-games though, I'm more of a console-gamer. But the main reason for that was the simple fact that my old PC was a complete [insert ugly words and loathing here]. But now things are good and running smoothly, and I can finally broaden my horizons.

Liftrasir said:
Hullo.I'm an art student (vocational college, first year) from Finland.I got The Witcher a few months ago but since I'm a shy lurker it took me all this time to write an introduction of myself, even though there isn't much to tell.I've been a gamer since I was 4 (thanks, dad), and I've been playing RPG-labeled games for... 8 years or so. Not much exp with PC-games though, I'm more of a console-gamer. But the main reason for that was the simple fact that my old PC was a complete [insert ugly words and loathing here]. But now things are good and running smoothly, and I can finally broaden my horizons.
Hello!Is that ur picture there.... :eek:....NICE, really NICE!!!No offense there, I just like ur picture ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom