Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I'll bite.

Hi, my name is well just call me Charlie. I'm usually seen online as Grabnar though; I love me some orcs and stuff. Anyway, I am a recovering alcoholic. I haven't had a drink since 2013. I work as a high school teacher teaching algebra 1 &2 and statistics. I just got married last summer to the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I ended up crying more than she did. Ummm I was diagnosed with Crohn's at 8. Lots of fun complications there. I've made a deal with the district I work for and some of the surrounding districts to become their go to sub for the day since I've missed so much work, and they don't want to see me leave teaching. If you have any other questions, just ask, I guess.

Last edited:
Sure I'll bite.

Hi, my name is well just call me Charlie. I'm usually seen online as Grabnar though; I love me some orcs and stuff. Any I am a recovering alcoholic. I haven't had a drink since 2013. I work as a high school teacher teaching algebra 1 &2 and statistics. I just got married last summer to the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I ended up crying more than she did. Ummm I was diagnosed with Crohn's at 8. Lots of fun complications there. I've made a deal with the district I work for and some of the surrounding districts to become their go to sub for the day since I've missed so much work, and they don't want to see me leave teaching. If you have any other questions, just ask, I guess.

A warm welcome to fellow teachers! (English and Theatre here. :) [Seriously, don't come any closer to me with that Math. :p]) Congratulations on your marriage! No worries about the hurdles and hiccups along the way. The world has a funny way of working out and moving on.

A warm welcome to fellow teachers! (English and Theatre here. :) [Seriously, don't come any closer to me with that Math. :p]) Congratulations on your marriage! No worries about the hurdles and hiccups along the way. The world has a funny way of working out and moving on.
That's actually kind of funny and maybe stupid on my part, but I love Math and English studies. I couldn't figure out which one to study we fliped a quarter so there was no aths teacher.cheating, and that is how I ce==became a M

That's actually kind of funny and maybe stupid on my part, but I love Math and English studies. I couldn't figure out which one to study we fliped a quarter so there was no aths teacher.cheating, and that is how I ce==became a M

Traitor! (I kid.) I only say that because I'm severely dyscalculic. Can't even mentally visualize adding one's place to ten's place. Double-digit ciphering in my head is utterly impossible. Of course, when I was in grade school, there was little to no understanding of "learning disabilities", so I was just told to, "Sit there and keep doing it until it was right." (Which does eventually result in autonomous recall, so it is a valid solution.)

But it was hellish. Constant stress and frustration. So, I simply declared war on numbers. Thousands have fallen before me. Perhaps millions. Don't know. Never counted. Hate numbers. (Funny thing is, I'm actually very good at math. Always in the advanced classes, always top marks. I simply need to be looking directly at it and do everything by hand, slowly, every time. I hate it sooo much.)

Teaching English and Math is pretty rare, though. That's a cool thing to be able to put down on a resume!

Traitor! (I kid.) I only say that because I'm severely dyscalculic. Can't even mentally visualize adding one's place to ten's place. Double-digit ciphering in my head is utterly impossible. Of course, when I was in grade school, there was little to no understanding of "learning disabilities", so I was just told to, "Sit there and keep doing it until it was right." (Which does eventually result in autonomous recall, so it is a valid solution.)

But it was hellish. Constant stress and frustration. So, I simply declared war on numbers. Thousands have fallen before me. Perhaps millions. Don't know. Never counted. Hate numbers. (Funny thing is, I'm actually very good at math. Always in the advanced classes, always top marks. I simply need to be looking directly at it and do everything by hand, slowly, every time. I hate it sooo much.)

Teaching English and Math is pretty rare, though. That's a cool thing to be able to put down on a resume!

That's actually kind of funny. I used to want to play the bass guitar, but I couldn't understand sheet music and stuff. So, I eventually broke down everything into numbers, and it just sort of clicked for me there on out.

What state do you teach in? I live Central Iowa. The state with corn not potatoes. I'm pretty sure that's our new state motto.

I'm in Raleigh, NC at the moment. School system here is...shall we say...in a seemingly perpetual state of highly unreliable flux? We'll have to see where I am next week. :sneaky:

Ok,

My name is Daniel and I'm from Portugal. I studied Cuisine and I worked In some Hotels and Restaurants (like 2 times), loved the Hotel, hated the restaurant and because of that I don't work with food anymore. Cooking in my house has no damm pleasure anymore.

I love games especially big games with big worlds, a lot of lore and most important for me, immersion.

Currrently I am the head of maintenace in my father's company, and for the fist time in my life I feel like I belong in a place (kind of). Even when 90% of the employes don't respect me because I am the son of one of the company managers.

I married recently in May, and it was probably the highest point of my life until now.

My passions are music and sports, currently I do none, so I am sad (boohoo).

Cav here. Live in the DC/Balt area. Work in applied physics. Into gaming, playing bass (electric), anime, most anything in the sci-fi/fantasy realm...also like fishing and hiking. And like most around here impatiently waiting for CP 2077 to be released.

Ummm hi. My name is Grubbnar. My real name is Jared, but for online stuff you can just call me Grubbnar or Grub. I've always had a interest in fantasy stuff as long as I can remember. I especially like orcs, goblins, trolls, etc., so I'll roleplay them any cahnce I get. Half-orc is best orc. I live with my wife, 3 cats, and a dog. Dammit, I have an aquarium full of stuff too; the aquarium's name is Steve I don't name individual fish although I do name colonies at times or bettas. I am currently going to school to get my Master's in Social Work because I love being poor and helping people out.

Hello everybody, I'm ROSFIX! My real name is Rosen and I'm from Bulgaria - a small country that many mistake with Russia haah I'm a YouTuber since 2011. I have a bulgarian channel with over 167 000 subscribers (which considers huge in my country) and an english one, with only 2,500 but it's only 22 days old. I love working out (Street fitness). Without physical activity I feel like a zombie. Since 5th grade I'm doing literally anything - basketball, voleyball, football, even table tennis haha :D Also I love horror and comedy - my favorite genres! :)

Hi everyone, names Specter or just Spec if you prefer Im from Texas and am a college student working on my Sociology and Criminal Justice degree with plans to go into Missing Persons Investigations and Surveillance. Im of course into gaming but also do a bit of creative worldbuilding and writing when I have the time, I do mostly fantasy at the moment but Im slowly learning more and more about how to make a well fleshed out Sci-Fi setting. Im usually open to making collaborations with others so if you have an idea let me know and we can try and work it out together.

Hi everyone, names Specter or just Spec if you prefer Im from Texas and am a college student working on my Sociology and Criminal Justice degree with plans to go into Missing Persons Investigations and Surveillance.
Welcome! I work in criminal justice myself. Hope it all does well for you. There is a community written cyberpunk story we're working on right now. Community Written Story - The Zetatech Job We're full on contributors at the moment, but feel free to check it out.

Welcome Daniel! Congrats on the wedding! Marriage can be an awesome thing. Do you play any musical instruments? Or mostly enjoy listening?

Thank you kindly ;)

I play Bass (more like, I sometimes touch it) But I mostly enjoy a wide variety of music types (From Psychadelic to Lofi Hip-Hop) For some reason my brain does not pay attention to the singers/lyrics unless it mixes perfectly with the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom