Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see 10 posts on that profile, look again :D

Evening guys 'n gals, Dopey from West Belcompton, Australia

I have been a gamer since 1981 or thereabouts (Donkey Kong on Game & Watch represent!) I'd loved it for, wow, 30 years

But in 2011 I lost my mojo.

I had manic break after real shit got real too much & I ended up in the mental health unit. I don't even remember the first week. I spent 4 there. Not pretty. After that I was...different

I'd had the collector's edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution pre-ordered & as it turned out it was to drop on the actual day I got out!

Anywho, rocked up at GAME (formerly Games Wizard...both no longer here) all keen as, only to be told there was a "miss communication" about the edition in Aus or some shit. Can't remember the details as I was still in a state, but, suffice to say I didn't get it. Balls.

Got the standard edition game home & fired her up. It was amazing up until about 20 hours or so (I like to take my time & absorb everything). The boss battles were shitting me because maybe I was getting old or something & they were taking me a long time to better. I got frustrated & quit. Haven't put serious hours into a game since.

Now, that game was awesome, what I played of it, but after that I felt I had seen & done everything...I had lost my mojo

Since then I've only picked up a few...all with old school ties & steelbooks which I am in love with. I love METAL! I had no mind to get hyped at all anymore...until...Cyberpunk 2077

I hadn't heard anything about this promising project because I've been pretty much a hermit since then. A colleague with whom I chat with about the good old days told me to check out E3 as there is this game that apparently has Keanu Reeves in it & it is cyberpunk..."really?" I said..."fer schizzle" she says, so I check it

Wow. I actually felt that feel again. I believe I am officially hyped again..."You know lunchbox...she could be the one"

Straight after I went to suss out the pre-orders. I am pretty certain I got the last CE in Australia (PS4) - XBone & PC were gone & I checked my confirmation not 15 minutes later and there was nothing left to pre-order. Stoked. Yesterday I even pre-ordered the day one edition with the steelbook (seems only to be Maelstrom gang here) & different key ring. Stoked X2

I have been eating up everything I can about this beast since then & I am truly excited & I am really heartened by the enthusiasm & even passion shown on this forum for it. Keep the fire burning. You guys 'n gals kick it

I want my mojo back dagnabbit. CD Projekt Red...make it so!

Cheers & Ave!

Evening guys 'n gals, Dopey from West Belcompton, Australia

I have been a gamer since 1981 or thereabouts (Donkey Kong on Game & Watch represent!) I'd loved it for, wow, 30 years

But in 2011 I lost my mojo.

I had manic break after real shit got real too much & I ended up in the mental health unit. I don't even remember the first week. I spent 4 there. Not pretty. After that I was...different

I'd had the collector's edition of Deus Ex: Human Revolution pre-ordered & as it turned out it was to drop on the actual day I got out!

Anywho, rocked up at GAME (formerly Games Wizard...both no longer here) all keen as, only to be told there was a "miss communication" about the edition in Aus or some shit. Can't remember the details as I was still in a state, but, suffice to say I didn't get it. Balls.

Got the standard edition game home & fired her up. It was amazing up until about 20 hours or so (I like to take my time & absorb everything). The boss battles were shitting me because maybe I was getting old or something & they were taking me a long time to better. I got frustrated & quit. Haven't put serious hours into a game since.

Now, that game was awesome, what I played of it, but after that I felt I had seen & done everything...I had lost my mojo

Since then I've only picked up a few...all with old school ties & steelbooks which I am in love with. I love METAL! I had no mind to get hyped at all anymore...until...Cyberpunk 2077

I hadn't heard anything about this promising project because I've been pretty much a hermit since then. A colleague with whom I chat with about the good old days told me to check out E3 as there is this game that apparently has Keanu Reeves in it & it is cyberpunk..."really?" I said..."fer schizzle" she says, so I check it

Wow. I actually felt that feel again. I believe I am officially hyped again..."You know lunchbox...she could be the one"

Straight after I went to suss out the pre-orders. I am pretty certain I got the last CE in Australia (PS4) - XBone & PC were gone & I checked my confirmation not 15 minutes later and there was nothing left to pre-order. Stoked. Yesterday I even pre-ordered the day one edition with the steelbook (seems only to be Maelstrom gang here) & different key ring. Stoked X2

I have been eating up everything I can about this beast since then & I am truly excited & I am really heartened by the enthusiasm & even passion shown on this forum for it. Keep the fire burning. You guys 'n gals kick it

I want my mojo back dagnabbit. CD Projekt Red...make it so!

Cheers & Ave!

As an Aussie welcome to the forums Mate , i hope the game helps you get your shit together ;)

Oh, I got my shit together man...no more drugs, no more meds, no more psychic vampires...cut that stuff for real a while ago. I feel alive & good inside myself for the first time in a long time

Don't need this game for that, but it's something that I am actually looking forward to. I haven't had anything to look forward to since yonks.

Oh, I got my shit together man...no more drugs, no more meds, no more psychic vampires...cut that stuff for real a while ago. I feel alive & good inside myself for the first time in a long time

Don't need this game for that, but it's something that I am actually looking forward to. I haven't had anything to look forward to since yonks.

I have been jaded by the state of the industry for a while now and jaded by American society. It has been an ongoing kick in the nuts. Like kick, smash, pull yourself together, repeated over and over again.
I didn't end up in the hospital, but I have MGTOW-ed my way out of the societal BS and left the "dreams" I was frantically searching/working for. Mainly MGTOW-ed out of the trappings of American society, in terms of my relationship with everything, because it all turned out to be lies and cycles of people using people for meaningless outcomes. :cry:

Many people may not get it, but 2077 is one of the few things I am really looking forward to because it is coming from such a badass company. They are also going against the regular greedy mentality of other game companies, IE: GOG and making great stories/games. I have had an obsession with cyberpunk-genre-stuff since I was young and I have been watching 2077 like a hawk ever since the first trailer. Strangely enough, it has given me some hope back instead of going full-hermit-mode. That nostalgia feeling has depth with 2077.

And it's not just about the game. The whole idea of having a community based around my love for cyberpunk-genre stuff is what matters most. I used to try and explain cheesy 90s movies or books to others and most people/friends never cared at all, now I don't have to explain anything. Cyberpunk is going to be a household name pretty soon.

I hate when things get over saturated by popularity, but it would seem CDPR is doing things right. I wouldn't have much interest if it was any other game company and I like how it has unfolded slowly over time. I gotta feeling this game is going to bring a lot of people together whether it be by playing, streaming, making videos, cosplay, it's all leading up to give people an outlet that can enhance their lives a bit. I've never felt connected to any other game IP, and could never get close to any others because of where I was in life.

2077 feels new and refreshing for me. It has a connection to what I have wanted in a game all along. It's not just me looking for books and movies alone, or coming across the 2020 sourcebooks and realizing I have no one to play with anymore.
I'm glad to read that you have been able to get away from the same "trappings" so that it may be the same for you. :cool:

Word

I've been in hermit mode too

Pretty much all I have is the little time I get with my sons. Apart from that my life is collecting trve art be it music, film & tv, comics, books, statues & figures & yes, games. I have no ambition & never have...I am still good with that. I have always just cruised & followed my own path & at times I have payed for it, but I stayed trve & my life now is solid & way better than it was. It is lonely though. The last & pretty much only person that came close to "getting" me & what I am about is really sick in hospital & he wants to be alone, no visitors...it hurts. So when I come home in the arvo I still & probably always will want to escape. Real shit on this earth has always messed with me, it's fucked up

So that's why I am really looking for another great escape with this one. Am going to arrange a few weeks off from work for it like back in the day.

Bonging

What I have realized about this world is that there are unseen forces always at work that truly try to bring down the "real ones" with all their might. If you know what I mean, then you know. I don't like using these terms, like "real ones", but what makes "real" types of people are the fact they can withstand those things repeatedly and gain wisdom throughout it. Everything is temporary, but wisdom is lasting.

And now you can live out all the crazyness from your past in 2077, while your meat-body gets to focus on the really important things like taking care of your kids and making sure they can grow up and play 207-- uhh... kids games..rated E for everyone.

Also do what you can to go see your friend. Most of the time people with that type of stance really want, and need, to get the most they can out of the rest of their life.

Alright, end of mushyness, welcome to the forum.

To celebrate my 10th post here (finally), greetings to all y'all! I'm honestly happy to have become part of this incredible community CDPR have managed to gather (well, technically, I have been since 2007, but I'm fairly new to the forum). Just wanted to say hi and wish everybody here a good day :howdy:

To celebrate my 10th post here (finally), greetings to all y'all! I'm honestly happy to have become part of this incredible community CDPR have managed to gather (well, technically, I have been since 2007, but I'm fairly new to the forum). Just wanted to say hi and wish everybody here a good day :howdy:

Welcomings! Like...say...14 welcomings! Always good to have a few spares. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom