Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone! :howdy:

My name is Tim aka Timotheus and I'm from Aachen (Aken) in Germany.
I can't tell why I didn't registered earlier on but I'm just glad to finally be in here.

My first CD Projekt Red game was 'The Witcher 2' and nowadays I'm playing Gwent on a (nearly) daily basis.
It was a long journey from the Closed Beta until now and I enjoyed every step so far.

Cheers! :beer:

I've been participating on the forums for a while but it's until now that I run into this thread :LOL: So, better late than never:

Hi, I'm Mauricio, a web designer from Costa Rica. I've been a big fan of the Witcher saga ever since it made a blip on my radar in 2011, when The Witcher 2 released, culminating with me completing The Witcher 3 and it turning into my current GOAT :beer: (despite its flaws.)

Also, even though I'm not too much into tabletop games, I've been following Cyberpunk with awe since I heard of its existence in 2012 and getting more interested on it as time passes by :cool:

I'm not the most active user of forums (or social media in general) but I still try to read and chime in on whatever catches my attention here.

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now, but came back recently. Signing in from Belgium!

Hi! I'm a History student from Brazil with Ukrainian grandfathers!

I'm a CDPR fan-boy and pre-ordered CP2077 the day it was announced and then also bought a copy for a friend!
Currently running out of ideas for waiting until April, 2020...
Also eagerly waiting my GOG 2.0 invite!

:)

Greetings I am from Estonia and I'm a big fan of the upcoming title Cyberpunk 2077.

Cyberpunk ( I always imagine Keanu Reeves saying it with that voice he did at his reveal! )
Is going to be the best game that will surely show the incredible success that can be found in singleplayer experiences!
As someone who was jobless, Cyberpunk 2077 was my reason to find a new job after being somewhat stuck in depression I finally got back the confidence to get a job and recently was approved and had a contract. So my dream of buying a new PC and playing the game on maximum graphics, with my vacation for two weeks being already set from the launch day of CP.

After six months I am planning to buy a new PC on allowance after six months. ( I still have no idea what sort of a PC I should compose online and what will be good, I'm willing to go quite high on the price but I can't afford the Nvidia Titan that the game was showcased on, the processor and rest is not that expensive xD )

Anyways I hope everyone are doing well, and I wrote here way more than I initially planned. But information is everything in Cyberpunk, isn't it.

As someone who was jobless, Cyberpunk 2077 was my reason to find a new job after being somewhat stuck in depression I finally got back the confidence to get a job and recently was approved and had a contract. So my dream of buying a new PC and playing the game on maximum graphics, with my vacation for two weeks being already set from the launch day of CP.

That's awesome! Really, when it comes to self-sustainability, any motivation is good motivation. Video-games! Ha! Who would have thought? :p

Welcome to the forums!

Hey Guys, my Name is Kevin but you can also call me Kev :)

Im 23 years old from Germany and living at the border next to the Netherlands. I never was ihn the Forum before but hanging a few weeks or month already at the Discord Server.
My first Contact with CD Projectr was back a few years at the Gamescom. I wasnt really interested in Games like The WItcher and stuff at this Time. So i came along side the Booth and the line wasnt that big. So i went there for the last Presentation at the last day. A few devs hanging out, drinking beer and shown the beautiful of The Witcher 3. After ive seen the Presentation I felt in love. I dont know if it was the game or the passion from the devs.

And now im here waiting for Cyberpunk and im more hyped now after thed Gamescom!

Cheers Guys :)

And btw im still wearing trhe Witcher 3 Tshirt i got at the Presentation!

Last edited:
Hi, swedish player. GoG CP77 preorder owner. I have full confidence in CPR that this will be breathtaking.

Wow! At first I didn't click on this thread because I am reading posts passively since 2010 or so, and now I'm really late to the party.
Only recently I started answering some questions or posting stuff and I really like the atmosphere in here :)
Just a moment ago I finally read the first page of this thread and now the last and I got really emotional about the little infos and stories in here, and how people come together because of these great games.

So, I am a Witcher fan since Witcher 1, because I am originally from Poland and my parents moved to Germany when I was six, I still speak and read Polish because they didn't want me to forget it. When I bought Witcher 1, I noticed the option for Polish language and since my Dad loved to watch me play RPGs and that was kind of our quality time to talk about stuff, I chose Polish and loved the voice actors immediately and he loved explaining stuff to me i couldn't know, like the parallels between Olgierd and Pan Twardowski (polish literature) in Hearts of Stone etc. My Dad and me, we both really loved the game and its stories. Even when I moved away, he would sometimes come just to play and watch Witcher 2 with me and I showed him the main story beats, made saves especially for him, to show him cool and funny and important moments.
And I did the same for Witcher 3, I remember being fondly moved by the Bloody Baron storyline with him, and then when I invited him to play the ending of Witcher 3 together (
it was the ending in the snow, Geralt playing with Ciri, then she left for Nilfgaard
), when the credits rolled, it was a really sad moment. I remember him saying "So...that is the end?"
And we both got sad, because our playing together had come to an end, too, like in the game.

At first I didn't want to write this, but he passed away this year and I miss him so so much, and when I play the games, I kind of hear his comments and his laugh and I know exactly what he would have said or asked... So, those games really mean a lot to me...
One thing we did together was watch the CP2077 gameplay reveal and we were looking forward to it. I guess I'll still be making saves for him.

Wow! At first I didn't click on this thread because I am reading posts passively since 2010 or so, and now I'm really late to the party.
Only recently I started answering some questions or posting stuff and I really like the atmosphere in here :)
Just a moment ago I finally read the first page of this thread and now the last and I got really emotional about the little infos and stories in here, and how people come together because of these great games.

So, I am a Witcher fan since Witcher 1, because I am originally from Poland and my parents moved to Germany when I was six, I still speak and read Polish because they didn't want me to forget it. When I bought Witcher 1, I noticed the option for Polish language and since my Dad loved to watch me play RPGs and that was kind of our quality time to talk about stuff, I chose Polish and loved the voice actors immediately and he loved explaining stuff to me i couldn't know, like the parallels between Olgierd and Pan Twardowski (polish literature) in Hearts of Stone etc. My Dad and me, we both really loved the game and its stories. Even when I moved away, he would sometimes come just to play and watch Witcher 2 with me and I showed him the main story beats, made saves especially for him, to show him cool and funny and important moments.
And I did the same for Witcher 3, I remember being fondly moved by the Bloody Baron storyline with him, and then when I invited him to play the ending of Witcher 3 together (
it was the ending in the snow, Geralt playing with Ciri, then she left for Nilfgaard
), when the credits rolled, it was a really sad moment. I remember him saying "So...that is the end?"
And we both got sad, because our playing together had come to an end, too, like in the game.

At first I didn't want to write this, but he passed away this year and I miss him so so much, and when I play the games, I kind of hear his comments and his laugh and I know exactly what he would have said or asked... So, those games really mean a lot to me...
One thing we did together was watch the CP2077 gameplay reveal and we were looking forward to it. I guess I'll still be making saves for him.

Thanks for opening up and sharing. For what it's worth, you have my condolences, you father was awesome.

(Sits up, walks around the table, pulls a chair with one hand while inviting KeldornofLatria to walk over and take a seat with the other)

- Welcome to our establishment, seems you're a regular but we've just now been properly introduced. Come, make yourself comfortable, just.. err.. beware the odd rowdy patrons, sneaky buggers. If you'll excuse me now, duty calls! Oh and first round's on the house, hope you enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom