Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined the forum. PhD student who is finding Gwent far more appealing. Looking forward to CP having been captivated by the world described in the rule book as a child.

New (forum) user (long time Gwent player) posting here according to the instructions.

I have not seen much discussion about what happens when you complete the journey. I have done so and for those who do not know, the daily crown system comes back.

I really enjoyed how the journey system was set up. There was a lot of rewards for the player to earn. Reverting to the daily crown system is a little bit of a drag when it comes to reward points. In Journey, a player would typically receive 4 RPs for winning 12 rounds (with the occasional 7 RPs when you got a 5 RP node). In the daily crown system, a player receives 2 RPs for 6 and then another 2 after another 12 (total of 18). In addition, the journey quests do not matter (except for the final Geralt trophy).

I would like to pose the suggestion of after a player completes journey, they continue the journey. Every "level" is 4 RPs and every five or ten levels, the player gets 7 RPs. It would keep the quests interesting and something players want to complete and it would keep the ratio of reward points to won rounds the same.

I was hoping to make this a thread to start a discussion with other players, but as a new poster, I am not allowed to start a thread.

Last edited:
I have not seen much discussion about what happens when you complete the journey. I have done so and for those who do not know, the daily crown system comes back.

That has been mentioned by CDPR here: Deep analysis of Journey performed by Game Director himself

I was hoping to make this a thread to start a discussion with other players, but as a new poster, I am not allowed to start a thread.

You can write the thread here. A moderator can move it afterwards.

EDIT: Forgot that there was already a thread about it here: Does doing the Journey Quests when you've finished the Journey do nothing?

Last edited:
EDIT: Forgot that there was already a thread about it here: Does doing the Journey Quests when you've finished the Journey do nothing?

I read that thread before I posted. Unless I'm misreading, that seems to be only about how the only purpose of the quests after completing journey is to get the Geralt trophy and 20 RPs when the contract is completed.

My thread would be a suggestion thread on how to improve the reward system for the players who have completed their journey by making the quests more relevant. This would be done by continuing the journey system of getting 24 crown pieces instead of having the daily crown system.

Hello all. Just joined and figured I would drop a line and introduce myself. Why am I here? Because I am one of the many who are at least 5 years late for the dance. I have not been much of a gamer for a very long time but about 2 years ago a friend recommended a game. I played it. I liked it a lot. Asked if they had any more suggestions. Then before long their suggestions weren't enough. I started asking awkward questions to people I have known for years and years like "do you play video games?". So after a good dozen suggestions and some pretty awesome gaming experiences, someone asked if I had ever played The Witcher 3 about 2 months ago. I said no. I saw commercials for the show. I heard it was based on books. There is a game? After a brief overview I decided to look up the games. Saw part 3 advertised with out of this world reviews and a ridiculously bargain price. I simply asked... Can I play this game without playing 1 and 2 and also never having read the books? Their fantastic answer was ... "ehh, you should be alright".
2 months later, I am an addict. And can not get enough information and conversation about this series.
Hopefully I am in the right place.
The name is Justin and I live in Maryland in the USA. Look forward to read the posts here.

Hello everyone!
I'm Preco, F25, glad to be here. Tbh, I only recently found out that CDProjektRed still has a forum. Very happy about that! A great team has a great community! :giggle:

Hello!
I've been a witcher fan since the first game came out and played through all the main games as a completionist.
Preordered Cyberpunk 2077 on steam and can't wait for it to come out, watching and rewatching trailers on youtube and listening to it's music, my favorite movie has always been Blade Runner and i played the pen and paper version of Cyberpunk with my friends before so you may guess how happy i was when CDProject announced they were working on it.
I was hoping to ask some questions about Cyberpunk here since i can't find an answer for them anywhere else and this seemed like the best place to ask.
Alas, i can't make a new thread yet so i'm just introducing myself for now!

I was hoping to ask some questions about Cyberpunk here since i can't find an answer for them anywhere else and this seemed like the best place to ask.
Alas, i can't make a new thread yet so i'm just introducing myself for now!

Try here: CURRENT Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

My thread would be a suggestion thread on how to improve the reward system for the players who have completed their journey by making the quests more relevant.

As mentioned, you can always write the post here and a moderator can move it to the correct forum.

I'm having trouble adding people in the game as friends, people's invites don't show up even if I have my profile set to public, does anyone know what I can do?
Post automatically merged:

Is it because I'm on steam and my friends who I can't add arent?

Last edited:
gotta question about settings ingame for CP2077, firstly im an older gamer, and cant see to well with my glasses on and so i turn off bloom in all games as well as film grain if its there, will this option be toggler'able. also being an older gamer i come from a time when keyboards had, key press limitations and thus bound movement keys to my mouse(eg move forward:mouse 2) will this option be in CP2077. then theres also the issues with mouse smoothing and X/Y sensitivity as this is being ported to console and console controllers are crap and i dont need to go into that but will there be options for this and lastly i wanted to make sure that there would be fov settings ingame.

TLDR: will CP2077 have: mouse binds for movement, FOV settings, mouse smoothing off/on & sensitivity X/Y, bloom + film grain settings off/on

Attachments

• witcher 3 death march b4 it was cool.jpg
    witcher 3 death march b4 it was cool.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 57
Hi there!

I am new to the forums, but have been a fan of this game/company for years. I have a question regarding digital preorders/Xbox Smart Delivery.

I am currently preordering digitally, but there are a few physical goodies in the normal preorder. I am assuming those dont come with the digital edition. Is there any way to get them? I currently have preordered from the Microsoft store for Xbox to make my transition to a Series X easier.

Also how will Xbox Smart Delivery work with a physical purchase? Will there be a code inside the box or will that be emailed out?

Thanks!

Welcome, @Lilamma and @XanatosWu !

gotta question about settings ingame for CP2077, firstly im an older gamer, and cant see to well with my glasses on and so i turn off bloom in all games as well as film grain if its there, will this option be toggler'able. also being an older gamer i come from a time when keyboards had, key press limitations and thus bound movement keys to my mouse(eg move forward:mouse 2) will this option be in CP2077. then theres also the issues with mouse smoothing and X/Y sensitivity as this is being ported to console and console controllers are crap and i dont need to go into that but will there be options for this and lastly i wanted to make sure that there would be fov settings ingame.

TLDR: will CP2077 have: mouse binds for movement, FOV settings, mouse smoothing off/on & sensitivity X/Y, bloom + film grain settings off/on

I don't think it's possible to give a definite yes / no to these things yet. However, what you're describing are post-process effects, so even if there's no in-game option, it probably won't be hard to enable or disable these things with some simple config file tweaking.

Hi there!

I am new to the forums, but have been a fan of this game/company for years. I have a question regarding digital preorders/Xbox Smart Delivery.

I am currently preordering digitally, but there are a few physical goodies in the normal preorder. I am assuming those dont come with the digital edition. Is there any way to get them? I currently have preordered from the Microsoft store for Xbox to make my transition to a Series X easier.

Also how will Xbox Smart Delivery work with a physical purchase? Will there be a code inside the box or will that be emailed out?

Thanks!

As far as we know, those are Collecter's Edition copies, and they were intentionally created in limited numbers. You'll simply need to shop around and hope for the best!

As for the Smart Delivery for the electronic version of the game, there's been no final word on details yet, but I'd imagine it would be a redeemable code, yes. (As opposed to a representative in a bright red suit and dark sunglasses knocking on your door, or something. [If that does happen, I wouldn't answer. It's probably not CDPR.])

Hello! I'm a new user and i'm posting a potential treant boar bug in this thread, since i can't create a new thread right now.
I played a ST harmony deck against a deck with a lot of special cards, so the other guy had an empty board a lot of the time. At one point I played a treant boar on the ranged row, then the other guy played a special (can't remember which one) and got my treant boar down to 1 point. So I move it (via its order ability) to the melee row, and it appears that doing this with an empty enemy board had a weird effect: it got the treant boar's order ability permanently disabled! The order cooldown counter disappered completely and the boar got stuck on the melee row. I guess it might be because the treant boar did not complete its order when moved from ranged to melee (there was no unit to damage so the card only got to perform half of its order).
Did this happen to anyone else? I guess people almost never play a treant boar when there are no enemy units on the board so the next question would be: should this be considered normal behaviour?
Screenshot_20200602-001249_Gwent.jpg

Hello all. New to the forums. I have a question and was instructed to post it here. For the life of me I am not able to find any information on the intro loading screen, the one with Geralt and Dandelion. I would like to save the video as a live wallpaper. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom