Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salutations from Vinland (Now known as Newfoundland). I am a computer engineering student going to University in Atlantic Canada. I'm in my second year and currently on the lookout for co-op opportunities, so I'm looking for jobs. I'm also keen on learning investing, so I'm watching videos on how to invest and trade.

Anyway, while watching the new trailer for Cyberpunk2077, my friend told me that maybe Keanu Reaves is part of a microchip or something >?< Let's talk about that?!!?

This is my first post here! hope to get to know some cool people !

This is my first post here! hope to get to know some cool people !
Welcome!
Anyway, while watching the new trailer for Cyberpunk2077, my friend told me that maybe Keanu Reaves is part of a microchip or something >?< Let's talk about that?!!?
Kinda. There is a chip that V has installed into her (or him) at one point in the game, and Johnny Silverhand (Keanu's character) is kinda like a digital ghost inhabiting the chip. If you want to catch up on everything we've heard so far, check Everything We've Heard So Far About Cyberpunk 2077. It's got a bunch of details, though it is currently being updated with new stuff from this week.

Hi all, I’m CyberLettuce.
New to the forum,I am a IT Support Analyst in the real world. I love and can not wait until Cyberpunk 2077 is released.
I have the t-shirt and lanyard coming soon. (Lanyard I will be wearing to work everyday)

New to the forum,I am a IT Support Analyst in the real world. I love and can not wait until Cyberpunk 2077 is released.
I have the t-shirt and lanyard coming soon. (Lanyard I will be wearing to work everyday)

Welcome choomba; enjoy your stay and I cant wait to ban you in the ban thread. ♡

Welcome glad to have you with us!

Hello, played Witcher3 for the first time during Covid, and here am I. I have been following the cyberpunk subreddit for quite some time starting before even that, you can find me here.
I am a french IT advisor in supply chain.
(recently applied for a game-data analyst position at CDPR btw)

My motives for registering are in order :
- to open a topic to ask CDPR to release some 3D assets from the game : maybe a gun, a car, and a rigged/animated character in Blender format?
- to ask the order of magnitude of character models in CP2077 compared to TW3
- to advocate for modding openness, asap post-launch

Last edited:

Hello CD.P.R.

First of I want to say I am super excited about the release of cyberpunk 2077 and I am sure it will be my game of the year if not the decade like Witcher 3.
But from the bits of gameplay I have seen so far, and as a person how suffers from dyslexia, the thing that worries me the most is the time in which you have to choose dialogue, I had a lot of trouble to read them in time.
I was wondering if you had planned a setting to allow players more time to read these dialog options, as even a few extra seconds could help people like me massively.
However, I can understand that the devs have a lot of work until release and that this issue may not be as widespread in the community.

Whatever the case I am sure I will enjoy cyberpunk at release.

Ps: I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes.
PPs: I hope I am posting this in the right place this is my first post

Ps: I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes.
PPs: I hope I am posting this in the right place this is my first post
No worries. Everywhere is the best place for your first post! After 10 posts you can make you own threads too.

Thanks, by the way, I was looking at that but it asks for a recipient would you know you I should add for this particular topic?

Thanks, by the way, I was looking at that but it asks for a recipient would you know you I should add for this particular topic?
You can send specific users PMs by going to their profile pages (assuming they allow for PMs). Threads are open for the public at large.

Will there be Linux support?
Hello, I hope too, and ppl in here seem quite linux friendly. I have no clue how hard it is to port a DirectX12 game to Vulkan, not mentionning RTX shiet. Otherwise there are WIN Emulators. There is a thread where this is discussed.

maxzor@azon:~$vi self-overhype_egotrip.txt
How could it be unconscious so far, my username, that I used with variants for a good 15 years :
comes from my first name, + the zor suffix, that I took from the crazy hardcore-and-friendly diablo2 polish community back then ... and re-suffixed with a long spanish-spoken story. This game is made by polish perls with funny spanish cursing everywhere.
Been feeling quite neromancer my whole life, although never played the tabletop, is that canon?
Well maybe I have found the game that fits me :)
<esc>:wq

Hello. In real life I am a person with Autism and many other mental and physical disabilities. Life has been a waste of time so far. Try going through life with a lot of disabilities and not know it until your 48. I have been trying to get SSI and SSDI for a couple of years. I have records dating back to the early 80s and testing, observations and diagnoses spanning over 40 years from the Texas school system, the VA, an independent Doctor and a doctor that works for a state program and SS still does not find I need the help. So what all this means is I will probably be spending the rest of my life ( when not homeless like over 80% of my adult life ) playing games ( so for now I will continue to hope that SS will get over their racist actions against me since I'm white and they appear to not give a damn I have records spanning almost my entire life ( go figure ) ).
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 is as good as it looks and that they really do intend to make a multiplayer version later ( I think I read somewhere by 2022 ). I also think they should have named the game with 3077 instead of 2077 since there is no way anything like this world will exist by 2077 but I can believe that much of the Cyberpunk world could exist by 3077 ( well, maybe ).
Thank you for the welcome and look forward to seeing you all in game if they make a multiplayer. If not then good gaming with whatever you love,
Later

Hello everyone. Dude from Germany here, long time Witcher player and excited about Cyberpunk.

I made an account to ask about a script compiling error when starting Witcher 3 since I'm at my wits end.
Hello, played Witcher3 for the first time during Covid, and here am I. I have been following the cyberpunk subreddit for quite some time starting before even that, you can find me here.
I am a french IT advisor in supply chain.
(recently applied for a game-data analyst position at CDPR btw)

My motives for registering are in order :
- to open a topic to ask CDPR to release some 3D assets from the game : maybe a gun, a car, and a rigged/animated character in Blender format?
- to ask the order of magnitude of character models in CP2077 compared to TW3

For any new member who wishes to open a topic, simply post it here and flag a member of the moderation team. We'll move it to the appropriate board.

:)

Hello. In real life I am a person with Autism and many other mental and physical disabilities. Life has been a waste of time so far. Try going through life with a lot of disabilities and not know it until your 48. I have been trying to get SSI and SSDI for a couple of years. I have records dating back to the early 80s and testing, observations and diagnoses spanning over 40 years from the Texas school system, the VA, an independent Doctor and a doctor that works for a state program and SS still does not find I need the help. So what all this means is I will probably be spending the rest of my life ( when not homeless like over 80% of my adult life ) playing games ( so for now I will continue to hope that SS will get over their racist actions against me since I'm white and they appear to not give a damn I have records spanning almost my entire life ( go figure ) ).
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 is as good as it looks and that they really do intend to make a multiplayer version later ( I think I read somewhere by 2022 ). I also think they should have named the game with 3077 instead of 2077 since there is no way anything like this world will exist by 2077 but I can believe that much of the Cyberpunk world could exist by 3077 ( well, maybe ).
Thank you for the welcome and look forward to seeing you all in game if they make a multiplayer. If not then good gaming with whatever you love,
Later

I had a similar experience. I was almost 35, had held a master's degree since I was 24, and had been teaching over 15 years when I was diagnosed with severe dyscalculia and mild ADD. So amazing to sit there and listen to a psychologist tell me, point for point, exactly what I had always struggled with. Much of it was stuff I could instantly recognize, but had never really been able to put into words. Amazing stuff.

And a very comforting moment, confirming that learning "disabilities" are just another hurdle in life. We hop them, and continue right on our way. Can't even slow us down unless we let them. :ok:

Hi everyone,
I created this account to create a thread under the technical forum, but alas I cannot yet. I've encountered one of the strangest glitches/bugs I've ever seen in my multiple playthroughs of the Witcher 3, and cannot find anyone else with the same issue, so I figured I'd ask the community. May the mods be so kind as to create a topic for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom