Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying "Hi" here, waiting till I can make a post about a technical issue (bug, maybe?) I'm experiencing at the moment.
Anyway, I'm huge fan of the Witcher books and Witcher 3: TWH game (didn't play the first two chapters yet); when I'm not playing videogames, I'm a mathematician who works as a software engineer.

If new members want to post something straight away, simply create the post here and flag a member of the moderation team. Like so:

@SlyK182

We can move it to a new thread for you.

Cyberpunk 2077 post

Hello,

@SigilFey
Is there a chance for Bows as weapons to be added to the game?
I always found them to be more fun to use in games like Far Cry or Tomb Raider where there's the option.
I know there will be crossbows but they don't feel the same to me, and probably to everyone else.
Even as free DLC later would be great.

Hello.
I heard that there will be melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077. I wanted to propose an idea to add a katana that only has an electric arc instead of a blade that will extend from the handle to the separated scabbard (hold the scabbard in your left hand and the handle on the right. There is no blade. At the moment of disconnection, the handle and scabbard do not bind anything. Let the scabbard will be a battery in a katana (power source. The charge travels through the air from the scabbard to the handle.) Such a weapon could easily cut through steel, like a knife through butter, like an electric arc.
But its charge is limited, for a certain number of hits and it would have to be recharged again - so the weapon will not make the game much easier.
And naturally, the exposure of such a sword should last only a second (open, cut the object, quickly return it to its scabbard), because energy is also spent on heating the air passing through it and the charge is quickly consumed. It would look very impressive. The analogue to this is the chainsaw from DOOM 2016. It is rarely used, but works flawlessly - a powerful weapon.
XFp-MQGMnec.jpg

An analogue to this in the picture above, only instead of wires-contacts on the sides - the handle of the katana and its "sheath".
Depositphotos_5475495_m-2015.jpg
maxresdefault-2.jpg

thumb_1200x630_thumb_910x0_b607c9af0.jpg

For a better explanation, I couldn't find a picture.

Such a wave of electricity is capable of making wide cuts, but stabbing blows with such a wave will not work (most likely). It's more like a whip that cuts through steel, but this whip has no end.

I also wanted to ask - where is the thread on this site, where can you offer solutions for weapons and design? There is already a thread for a design proposal for cars, but I have not yet found the same thread for weapons. Maybe there people will give their suggestions for the design of weapons.

Attachments

• 1580313804_1-p-foni-s-elektricheskimi-razryadami-2.jpg
    1580313804_1-p-foni-s-elektricheskimi-razryadami-2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 47
  • thumb_1200x630_thumb_910x0_b607c9af0.jpg
    thumb_1200x630_thumb_910x0_b607c9af0.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 1580313804_1-p-foni-s-elektricheskimi-razryadami-2.jpg
    1580313804_1-p-foni-s-elektricheskimi-razryadami-2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Salutations,
I recently joined the community. This is something I don't usually do, you know, joining a forum and posting. But Cyberpunk 2077 is...special. I was thinking of pre-ordering it, but had a few concerns. Not about the content in the game (its CDPR, they always deliver) but on the technical aspects, mainly if my PC would run it. You see I have a mid-ranged gaming laptop, nothing too fancy, which ran Witcher 3 like butter on a hot pan. Also CDPR is great at optimizing games for PC. But I'm worried it wont do that for CP2077. If it were to run on Medium to Low graphic settings it would be fine to. But the game being unplayable at lower settings would be a problem.
I've given my PC specs below. Any opinions or suggestions would be great.
Ram: 8GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia 950M GTX 4GB
CPU: Intel i7
Thank you and cheers.

New to the forum, can't wait to play the game.. it's looking like it'll easily be the game of the generation!

Hello there, first I'd like to introduce myself, I'm a hardcore gamer and always obese Cyberpunk 2077. I bought a lot Cyberpunk 2077 stuff. I've just tried to pre order a Secret Lab Cyberpunk 2077 and they will notify me in email asap. Um, something is missing from Cyberpunk 2077---playing card game. I think this is an important cause I know some of us do like to play card game with friends or family. It would be so cool to have Cyberpunk 2077 playing card game. It's my suggestion.

Hi! I'm currently a college student in Michigan. I got into the witcher after seeing a few interesting clips of the Netflix show on youtube. I got The Witcher 3, played it, loved it, played 1 and 2, read the books, and am now setting up for a 3rd playthrough. I'm also a moderator of the r/Witcher3 subreddit

Now I'm trying to get 10 posts on the forums so I can get help with making some small changes to the asset models that have always bugged me

Hi! I'm currently a college student in Michigan. I got into the witcher after seeing a few interesting clips of the Netflix show on youtube. I got The Witcher 3, played it, loved it, played 1 and 2, read the books, and am now setting up for a 3rd playthrough. I'm also a moderator of the r/Witcher3 subreddit

Now I'm trying to get 10 posts on the forums so I can get help with making some small changes to the asset models that have always bugged me

Welcome, @Quote_97 !

Always nice to see a game still inspiring improvements 5+ years after it's released! TW3 is definitely slice of magic.

Little late, sorry. This is my 200th post and I thought it might be a good moment to say hello. :)
I'm a musician and I never really listend to the Beatles. So... this is also a good moment to listen to the Beatles!

Hey. I won a pre-order key from the game Cyberpunk 2077 for Steam, but it has a strange key format (AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE). Could the pre-order key for the game Cyberpunk 2077 look like this or was I cheated? Steam writes Invalid key, but the person who gave me the key says that it can only be activated on the day of release game (November 19). This is true?

Hey. I won a pre-order key from the game Cyberpunk 2077 for Steam, but it has a strange key format (AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE). Could the pre-order key for the game Cyberpunk 2077 look like this or was I cheated? Steam writes Invalid key, but the person who gave me the key says that it can only be activated on the day of release game (November 19). This is true?

The key format is fine, but the rest sounds fishy. As far as I know, there aren't any Steam keys available for CP2077 because third party vendors get the GOG version, instead. Maybe there are a few keys which have been given as a promotion, but then they should work immediately.

The key format is fine, but the rest sounds fishy. As far as I know, there aren't any Steam keys available for CP2077 because third party vendors get the GOG version, instead. Maybe there are a few keys which have been given as a promotion, but then they should work immediately.
Maybe this is the key for the GOG Version?

Thank you all for your answers. It turned out to be a deception, I started asking him about the key, in the end he blocked me!)
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom