Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings -

Does anyone know if effects stack? For example, if I find a sword with an inherent +50% Sign Intensity, then add 3 Greater Veles runestones (+5% Sign Intensity each), do I now have +65% Sign Intensity? That would seem to make sense, but I'd like some confirmation. Thank you!

Hi All!

There is any plan to bring GoG Platform under GeForce Now support?
I really wish to buy Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG platform instead of Steam, but... I want to play with ray tracing and all other fancy features which my current PC wont handle :(

Should I wait for good news? Or I need to for for Steam?

Hello. Started playing gwent on PS just before they canned it but now that it’s on my phone I can play anywhere, I’ve been addicted.

Hey guys! I'm new to this community so just wanted to say hi and ask for some help on an issue i'm facing on RedKit. If a moderator could possibly help me out that would be great :)

For the most part RedKit works as intended however loading into a level I have created, no matter how small in size will always crash the editor when selecting the "load all" function. It also never produces an error message so pinpointing the cause of the issue has been quite a hassle. For some context, I have noticed that the editor seems to run quite slow on my PC so it could potentially be a hardware/software issue.

Another strange thing is that when i do select the load all function, the loading bar will show the editor start to load many different assets that I had not used on my level.

Any help is much appreciated.

UPDATE:
Please ignore, I found the fix :)
Turns out everytime I started a new level, it would come preloaded with many different groups/layers. Deleting the greyed out groups/layers would take a lot of the weight off my PC.

Last edited:
Hi folks! I'm new to the forums and community! I'm Alfa1561, which has been my online handle since early PS3 days. The name comes from the car, the Alfa Romeo 156.

I live in Ireland and I'm a Law & Criminology student at Maynooth University. I'm working to become a member of "An Garda Siochana" (Irish for "Guardians of the Peace"), Ireland's police, and maybe someday a cop in the USA. I love all sorts of PC gaming, from RPGs to FPS (though MMORPGs were never my thing :p). I'm a huge fan of the Cyberpunk genre and adore the Cyberpunk 2020 source books.

Some of my favourite games include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Red Dead Redemption 2, Disco Elysium, Beat Cop, Fallout: New Vegas, Sleeping Dogs, L.A. Noire, GTA V & Emergency 4.

Some of my favourite films include Fargo, End of Watch, L.A. Confidential, The Road to El Dorado, The Usual Suspects, Knives Out, Die Hard, etc as well as plenty of the classic noir films! The Big Sleep, Rear Window, The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca etc.

When it comes to TV shows, I love plenty too! Bosch, Adam-12, Law & Order (the originals), Columbo, SouthLAnd, Inspector Montalbano, The Sopranos, the Fargo TV seasons, Brooklyn 99, Death in Paradise, NYPD Blue, The Wire, Justified etc.

As you can see, I'm a big cop fan and that drives a lot of my media interest, though it's not my exclusive interest! I adore roleplaying in both games and tabletop roleplaying games alike and have been part of it for years.

I'm a friendly, outgoing person and love to have a good conversation, so feel free to message me anytime, it's great to be here!

Greetings!
I think I found a bug with the Imposter ability and I want to report it.
Is there any specific thread for bug reporting?

Last edited:
Welcome Thread

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s highest time to liven up this board a little bit.First of all, I’d suggest all of us to introduce ourselves here. Some of you are on this board for quite some time, but I think such welcome topic will do us good in getting to know each other. You can also post some photos of yours here - if you wish of course.So, let me start. I’m Daerdin, and I’m a moderator of international part of The Official Witcher Board. It was Dziadu’s crazy idea to put me in such a role, so blame him ;) As maybe some of you know, I’m also the leader of The Witcher Guild at GameSpot. As a private person, I’m a teacher of English in junior high school and of course a big fan of the Witcher. OK, enough of me. Now it’s time for you.Once again welcome to our board and Long Live The Witcher!
Heyyo Guys! I'm from India and a regular gamer and an Otaku. Pre ordered CP 2077 as my first pre order game and super hyped for it!

Hello everyone, I from Spain and my level of English is the high school level, sorry... I don't know if my question could be clarified ... I wanna know if I play the witcher 2 on xbox series x, I will play the 360 / one version or the one x version

Guest 4414958

Greetings ladies and Gentlemen

I just want to say as someone that has played Witcher 3 for over 1000 hours this game is by far the Most funniest game I have played on ps4, though it makes me sad that they made it to where you could only do +newgame once. I was wondering if fighting to see that that is changed is possible I know alot of you people have beaten this game and want to do it again and feel the same way that I do how could we show cd projekt red that the game needs that changed because Witcher 3 is a game i can beat over 100 times and still not be bored.

Greetings ladies and Gentlemen

I just want to say as someone that has played Witcher 3 for over 1000 hours this game is by far the Most funniest game I have played on ps4, though it makes me sad that they made it to where you could only do +newgame once. I was wondering if fighting to see that that is changed is possible I know alot of you people have beaten this game and want to do it again and feel the same way that I do how could we show cd projekt red that the game needs that changed because Witcher 3 is a game i can beat over 100 times and still not be bored.

Welcome!

Unfortunately, NG+ (even once) was a monstrous undertaking. The game was never designed to work like Diablo / Dark Souls / MMO style gameplay. Originally, the way NG+ worked became a bit nuts, eventually requiring the devs to lock the leveling to 100 to avoid utterly mind-boggling weirdness with the mechanics. Even as it stands, turn on enemy scaling, and you'll eventually encounter rats that could bring Thanos to his knees, weeping.

I'd doubt there's much more to be done with NG+...not without rebuilding a huge amount of the game from the ground up.

Originally, the way NG+ worked became a bit nuts, eventually requiring the devs to lock the leveling to 100 to avoid utterly mind-boggling weirdness with the mechanics.

Otherwise Geralt turns into One Punch Man. Also, this:
9000.jpg

[...] you'll eventually encounter rats that could bring Thanos to his knees, weeping.

[Rats] or Ant-Man (shrinking, finding the proper "hole" and unshrinking)

Then again, different universe, different rules. There is almost no defense against the Snap. Yet, Ant-Man, once again, saves the day. Ironically, so did that one rat. Incidentally, it's eerie how everything is connected.

The game was never designed to work like Diablo / Dark Souls / MMO style gameplay.

I reckon you never really have to get better at the Witcher in order to beat the game. After the beginning, you mostly become better because of your character's level, instead of your own skill. Dark Souls is different because enemies don't level up and because you'll have to keep honing your skills to defeat all bosses. This also means you can beat the game on level 1, making the leveling less relevant and the scaling obsolete (though, every NG+ bosses get more [fixed] health).

Guest 4414958

Welcome!

Unfortunately, NG+ (even once) was a monstrous undertaking. The game was never designed to work like Diablo / Dark Souls / MMO style gameplay. Originally, the way NG+ worked became a bit nuts, eventually requiring the devs to lock the leveling to 100 to avoid utterly mind-boggling weirdness with the mechanics. Even as it stands, turn on enemy scaling, and you'll eventually encounter rats that could bring Thanos to his knees, weeping.

I'd doubt there's much more to be done with NG+...not without rebuilding a huge amount of the game from the ground up.

o_o I hope they find a way to take off that Limit of 1 time +newgame because my saved file I have on PS plus has 1000 hours of gameplay and I cant even get pass lv 91 because the Xp gets worse as you level....I don't even have any quests or anything left since I did everything. I had to start over and I already miss my bank of stuff i had its hell and the game is fun but this one +newgame and thats all kills the game because after your done their is nothing left to do...its like Far cry 5 once you have beaten the map and done all of the bunkers the roads are empty no enemy's or anything and I don't want to go looking for a new game since it took me 5 years to find this game at first I thought i wouldn't like witcher3 now i cant stop playing it lol
Post automatically merged:

Welcome!

btw I love that rat part where shes in the portal and screaming as if shes dying lol and its all because of baby rats lol

Hey all new user here and I'm having trouble with a quest from Witcher 3. Specifically "But other than that, how did you enjoy the play?"
I died to the wraith and reloaded a save to a point before i began the quest, however the quest was still progressed to where i needed to drink wine to complete the act (i havent even lit the candles). However my inventory has Vis La Crac wines being stockpiled from different saves and I can't drink them, even after lighting the candles in the correct order anyways.

Is there a way to get around this?

...One Punch Man...

Which is a totally awesome series, in its own right. :D

I reckon you never really have to get better at the Witcher in order to beat the game. After the beginning, you mostly become better because of your character's level, instead of your own skill. Dark Souls is different because enemies don't level up and because you'll have to keep honing your skills to defeat all bosses. This also means you can beat the game on level 1, making the leveling less relevant and the scaling obsolete (though, every NG+ bosses get more [fixed] health).

I agree somewhat here. There are the occasional encounters that require some tactics and consideration on the player's part, but I've also watched plenty of people button-mashing fast attack to get through the whole game on default difficulty.

What I love though, is how the game viscerally rewards players for learning to play well. If one takes the time to learn some of the nuances of the combat system, fights look and feel amazingly slick...and they tend to be over very quickly. Like fighting off 4 bandits in a matter of 8 seconds without taking a scratch, Geralt finishing the engagement with an execution, followed by a casual flick of the sword to perfectly deflect the last arrow right into the final bandit's chest, then sheathing his blade in the same move, is like...

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom