Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just wanted to tell the devs that it's hard to buy a fraction pack in the store because the legendary card you get isn't clickable, so you can't check if the effects are any good.

Instead you need to change to the collection browser, remember the name of the card and then look at it's effects, which is quite bothersome.

I am posting here because I am new and cannot post elsewhere. I did not find my particular question answered anywhere, and yes, I used search.

My question is this: Do I get both the physical and digital items with both the physical and digital editions of the game?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but please bear with me. The description on Gamestop.com and Amazon.com both say the same thing for both the physical and digital editions of the game.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character's cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.
Become a cyberpunk, an urban mercenary equipped with cybernetic enhancements and build your legend on the streets of Night City.
Enter the massive open world of Night City, a megalopolis that sets new standards in terms of visuals, complexity and depth.
Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality.
The game comes with the following physical items:
  • Case with game discs
  • World Compendium detailing the game’s setting and lore
  • Postcards from Night City
  • Map of Night City
  • Stickers
Digital goodies included:
  • Game soundtrack
  • Art booklet featuring a selection of art from the game
  • Cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook
  • Wallpapers for desktop and mobile"
Meanwhile, the Xbox Store on the console and Microsoft.com descriptions do not mention the physical items or the digital items.

Normally one would assume you get the digital items with the digital game and the physical items with the physical game. But the fact that both editions have identical information, on more than one store (if it was only one store I could assume it was their error), I have to question it. Furthermore, even the image on the official site depicts both the physical items and digital items regardless of which edition you have selected.

Also, I must question whether the physical edition comes with the digital items. Because if it does there would be no reason at all to buy the digital edition unless you truly hated physical editions and MUST have everything purely digital.
Physical Edition = all the items AND save $10.
Digital Edition = JUST the digital items; save $0.
See my point?

Hopefully, a CDPR team member will answer this.

My question is this: Do I get both the physical and digital items with both the physical and digital editions of the game?

@Lilayah answers this somewhat indirectly here, I believe:

So, if using a product purchased at a physical disk, your "online code" will be on that actual disk. The online store will use that as the product key you own. Whether that allows you to download and install the game exclusively online, I'm not sure. It might insist on installing the base game from the disk, then downloading updates and DLC from the online store afterward.

I'd imagine the same will be true of Cyberpunk 2077.

My name is Markus and I´m from a little village in bavaria, germany.

Absolutely interested in anything RPG, pen and paper or pc.
Also a cat loving person and horror movie geek!

Hi everyone,
Im doing a school project on the witcher, and would like to know what kind of game/book/movie/show etc. you still want to see in the witcher universe. Please let me know.

Hello,

I recently started playing Gwent and have some specific questions on one of the cards. As I just registered for the forum, I can't create a topic yet and I didn't find a thread on it via the search engine. So, here goes:

Falibor (Northern Realms) has a deploy ability which initially does 3 damage and if it kills the target you repeat it and add 1 damage. What I'm unclear about:
1. Is this repeatable any number of times if it kills?
2. Does the damage keep going up after each kill or does it stay at 4?

I am mainly asking because I just played the card, killed a (damaged) unit with 2 strength, another (damaged) unit with 2 strength, then hit a 5 strength unit and it did 1 damage, which doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

This doesn't really need its own thread necessarily, but I would very much appreciate some insight from someone who knows how the card works.

Cheers!

Welcome Thread

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s highest time to liven up this board a little bit.First of all, I’d suggest all of us to introduce ourselves here. Some of you are on this board for quite some time, but I think such welcome topic will do us good in getting to know each other. You can also post some photos of yours here - if you wish of course.So, let me start. I’m Daerdin, and I’m a moderator of international part of The Official Witcher Board. It was Dziadu’s crazy idea to put me in such a role, so blame him ;) As maybe some of you know, I’m also the leader of The Witcher Guild at GameSpot. As a private person, I’m a teacher of English in junior high school and of course a big fan of the Witcher. OK, enough of me. Now it’s time for you.Once again welcome to our board and Long Live The Witcher!
Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum but not new to the game. I got The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt at release and have been playing off and on for years now. I just started back up a couple nights ago as I had completed a bunch of other new games. It's got me hooked, again, as I just finished Act II. The lead up and the battle were epic, just fantastic gaming, kudo's to PR!!! I also have all the DLC's so it'll keep me busy for awhile. I'm retired, so that'll help. Cheers.

Hi guys, i'm new here so i can't create a thread. I ran into an issue where when i reached level 86 in journey, i didn't receive my reward for the unicorn coin and 2 keys, i then restarted the game and it still didn't appear.

I leveled up again to 87 and received the 5 keys for that, but still no rewards for level 86. Don't mind missing out on the keys, but i would like to receive the unicorn coin though. I sent a ticket and cheesevendor told me that there was an issue earlier that has since been resolved and that i should just restart the game and i'll get it. I did that and it still didnt appear, tried again a few hours later, still nothing.

Not sure what else to do, if anyone can help, thanks.

Hi, I'm Dan from the Gotham City of South America, São Paulo. A 36 year-old aficionado for all things cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic, I'm looking forward to CP77 and seeing Mr. Anderson on the little screen, but I'm definitely not enjoying living in this dystopian society that is modern Brazil. Hopefully this place can make it a little better. ;)

Hi. I am new and I have a question. I have seen the Postcards from Night City a few times now and the character's facial expressions look weird. As if the combination of high-quality face models and the not so high-quality animations makes them look like dolls. Of course, this seems to be the case only with the secondary characters where face capture has not been possible (for obvious reasons). But, has this been, at least partially, on purpose? Have the designers tried to use the uncanny valley for worldbuilding? Or am I completely wrong and some characters are just supposed to be doll-like? Or is it some unwanted effect that holds true for most characters/NPCs?

Hi guys, i'm new here so i can't create a thread. I ran into an issue where when i reached level 86 in journey, i didn't receive my reward for the unicorn coin and 2 keys, i then restarted the game and it still didn't appear.

I leveled up again to 87 and received the 5 keys for that, but still no rewards for level 86. Don't mind missing out on the keys, but i would like to receive the unicorn coin though. I sent a ticket and cheesevendor told me that there was an issue earlier that has since been resolved and that i should just restart the game and i'll get it. I did that and it still didnt appear, tried again a few hours later, still nothing.

Not sure what else to do, if anyone can help, thanks.

Welcome, Ms. Damodred. If you're still having trouble and are sure you've met all the requirements to unlock it, simply send the issue into CDPR Support:

Just follow the associated FAQ to the end, ensuring you've tried all those things, and the link to contact Support will be at the end.

In the past, it's happened now and then that acheivments / rewards simply take a while to proc.

Hi. I am new and I have a question. I have seen the Postcards from Night City a few times now and the character's facial expressions look weird. As if the combination of high-quality face models and the not so high-quality animations makes them look like dolls. Of course, this seems to be the case only with the secondary characters where face capture has not been possible (for obvious reasons). But, has this been, at least partially, on purpose? Have the designers tried to use the uncanny valley for worldbuilding? Or am I completely wrong and some characters are just supposed to be doll-like? Or is it some unwanted effect that holds true for most characters/NPCs?

Howdy! And welcome!

To me, it looked like the articulation was only partially implemented. Mouths were moving only up and down...not really too much in the way of cheek or eye action, etc. It is, after all, a work-in-progress! (And everything is subject to change. [In many cases...for the better!])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom