Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm jbaudrand, but my friend call me jean, I'm a french winemaker, I was the producer/director of the cinematic for "the bastard of kosigan" saga on never1. I'm here to have fresh info about this game, I just want to know if my box of never2 will definitely stay on my shelves...edit: hello?

Hello jbaudrand wellcome as Daerdin will point out Im sure you will love it here we may be nutty bunch but we have fun here LOL

Greetings all!I'm Patty, also from a desert location in the US. I like to tell people I live at the corner of Nevada, California and Arizona :) Five ( or six... or seven... ) days a week I manager a video game store. I have been playing RPGs ever since the day my husband convinced me that my argument against playing was flawed. I used to say "I can't play those game you play. I can't cast magic spells, find items, solve puzzles, fight monsters and save the world. I'm just a girl, you know." Then I played a game called Quest for Glory: So You Want to be a Hero, and it was all over. I was hooked! Okay, you can all stop laughing now ;DI was fortunate enough to see the Witcher at E3 twice. Both times I left with that "WOW" feeling, and wishing the game was coming soon. Well now it finally is and I can't wait! Unfortunately, I am no longer writing (the website I was writing for changed their format and their focus), and I have so far been unable to find another site to write for, so I was unable to attend E3 last year, nor can I attend this year. Too bad, because I would really like to see what Atari will be saying about the US edition.In any case, I am happy to be here and look forward to getting to know fellow Witcher fans here.

wellcome Nocturnal Im sure you will have lot of fun here you husband sound like a man after my own heart LOL that how I got my wife to play game as well she thoute that they where silly and a waist of time lol. started her off on good old Dukenukem and she has been hooked ever since as well.

Seeker, you should be given a special rank - The Welcome Guy ;)Nice to have you here Nocturnal. I'm glad to see that The Witcher is popular over the ocean as well.

Daerdin said:
Seeker, you should be given a special rank - The Welcome Guy ;)Nice to have you here Nocturnal. I'm glad to see that The Witcher is popular over the ocean as well.
LOL Daerdin Nawww everyone welcome me when I frist poped in here and Im only passing it on that all :)

I guess I'm not really new here, but I haven't posted in the welcome thread yet. So hello all!!! I'm glad to see we are all still equally excited about the witcher and gaining newcomers too. As for me personally, I'm just a gal in Iowa, US. There is really not much that goes on in Iowa. Ho Hum... I recently graduated with a BA in French and a BS in Marketing and Int'l Business, but I haven't done anything with it yet because after all that school, I really need a fricken break. Figure out just what the hell I'm doing with my life. Ok, enough of that. See ya 'round the forum!

MadameLoopy said:
I guess I'm not really new here, but I haven't posted in the welcome thread yet.
Good to see you again Loopy! Ekhem, eeeerr... Madame Loopy I guess:)

The thing that brought my attention to this "game" (I don't really think of this as a game - a game to me is Pacman), was not the music or graphics, but the fact that you make decisions that are neither right nor wrong (an evolution of Morrowind perhaps?). It's really interesting - a game that forces you to be a person, as opposed to being just reactive...

;DHi everyone. and congratulations on such a wonderful new game! Not only are the graphics exceedingly beautiful, the sound tracks hauntingly exciting, but the whole concept of making decisions and choices which change our character's pathway and game experience on an individual basis, is the part which has enticed me the most. :D Roll on September I say, as I intend to buy my copy as soon as I see it available.I've been an avid gamer now for just over two years and been searching for a game as great as this is obviusly going to be. There are sooo many car games, military, aviation, fighting and pure combat, anime and cartoon etc etc...they all served a purpose to teach me some PC skills I guess, and filled in some leisure time. So, after much surfing through the rubble, I will no doubt be leaving the basic ones I've tried over time well behind, to enjoy this new experience! I'm from Australia so I hope I dont have to wait longer than everyone else..that'd be torture lol

Hi, as you can see I'm Lidia, although it's not my real name^^ I'm keen on everything what is somehow connected with fantasy :) And.. that's why I'm here ;p

Am I the first dutchy here? aww...Anyway, name's Auro, real name Viktor (most just say Vik... dunno why). I'm 19 years old and currently a student, studying Business ICT (or whatever it is called in english). And yeah, I live in the Netherlands. SO, I like RPG, stragegy games (I'm originally a TBS player) and some games that have a peculair atmosphere to them (I'll put DMC here for example). Guess I'm posting here cause from what I've seen, TW must be an awesome game. ... and I suck at intro's. - Auro

Well Im sure you will like it here Viktor :DWellcome to the forum lot of good ppl here and good Info as well about the TW

Hi everyone, I'm KB, I'm from France and I've been following the news about The Witcher for a few month now, and I gotta say, I really look forward playing this game :)I don't know anything about The Witcher or Sapkowski, except what I learned during those few month and I'm planning to get Sapkowski's books, because they seem really great.So ... I think that's it :)

I promise: you will have a good read. The first novel is already in English available, don't know if there will be a French translation.... welcome btw
@Aurowelcome
Don't know if there are more Dutch poeple here, but you are "almost" in my neighborhood... Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom