Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the Enhanced Edition and registered on this board. Thought I'd just pop in and say hello to everyone. :)

ZeroNiner said:
I just bought the Enhanced Edition and registered on this board. Thought I'd just pop in and say hello to everyone. :)
Well let me the first to welcome you to the Witcher young Witcher Im sure you will enjoy the game as much as we all do as well as the forum you an also say hello here as well http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=1803.0 And if you run into trouble in the gamer there are many place to find help as well as ppl willing to help you Happy Witchering :peace:

yes! welcome Zero Niner :wave:enjoy the game and this forum ... lots of like-minded witcher-playing folks around here :)

Welcome on board Zero Niner and make yourself at home :beer: We even have a native zone for those who don't speak English very well. There everyone can meet fellow countrymen &women to speak in there own language.

Sup Witchers!I figured I have lurked here long enough so its time to say hi :)I'm so excited to try the EE! Thanks for the epic customer love CDP RED!

Hi to all of you. I'm Don from Thailand 35 years. :peace: I play all sorts of game mostly Sims and FPS. Just let me play! :evil:The Witcher is by far one of the best game I've ever owned. I bought this game earlier this year but just started playing.CDP Red rocks and I'll dev. support you guys in also bying the EE version very soon!Just to have the Blackbox in my shelve. LOL 8) I'm also very happy to see so many Witchers from all around the world.Take care everybody. And may the force be with you (oh I pick this line from somewhere else). :wave:

China... Thailand... this is indeed very international, welcome on board bitaimeyann and DeviLDoN :wave:
And may the force be with you (oh I pick this line from somewhere else).
Don't worry if you listen carefully to NPCs you will find more in this direction... no, no lightsabres ;)

Hi from England! ;DI'm loving the game btw. I haven't played the game itself much as I've been waiting for the EE ptach, yes, many months. Played 'the price of neutrality' pre EE and enjoyed that. Post EE I've played Side Effects which I think I've nearly finished and I think the new adventures alone are worth the price of the game, let alone the game itself!

Welcome, Maxson!If you haven't played the main game yet, you're in for a real treat!Welcome to The Witcher forum -- it's always nice to see a new witcher in town!

Hello everyone. I just purchased the import edition of The Witcher Enhanced from GoGamer. I really like the additional contents that come with the game--the game map, Game Guide, short story by Sapkowski, Soundtrack & additional Audio CD, and Behind-the-Scenes DVD. If that wasn't enough ;D I even bought The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski from Amazon. I love single-player RPGs with depth so I wanted to know the story behind the game. I'm also a big fan of NWN 1&2, Oblivion, Morrowind, and coming soon, Fallout 3.This perhaps has been asked before, but is there a sequel planned for The Witcher?

Hi All! I am new around here. Just bought Enhanced Edition... what an awesome package! :) And such a great game! :) I am drinking few beers here and playing this awesome game... :beer:Thanks and see ya all later, i am off for now.... :wave:

what an awesome package!
# signed In particular I'm pleasantly surprised about the game guide and the short story. I expected plain bunched pieces of paper but not something of that quality 8)Welcome wisec and all other new Witchers :wave:

Hi there,I am from the Netherlands. Is there any connection between Poland and the Netherlands in history? A name like "de Vries" (which is typically Dutch and one of the most common last names there) ends up in this game. There are more names like that: "de Weyze" (probably meaning the wise one), "Coehoorn" (probably "koehoorn" or "cow horn"), "Bruys" (typical Dutch last name), Have had an eye on the Witcher for a long time. Like I wrote earlier I avoided the game until it got more stable. Giving it another chance now. Instead of giving up the devs tried to fix it. You don't see that kind of dedication much in games today. They must love the game and their work.

Hi everybody :)I am an old time RPG'er who has lost his way recently to the FPS side :DI don't know why but I didn't like Oblivion (looked nice but just didn't 'grab' me), and my last RPG outing was the very disappointing Never Winter Nights 2 (I liked the first one though).I've just got The Witcher EE and have played about 20 minutes of it so far - I just know I'm gonna love this game already ;D

MadGizmo said:
Hi there,I am from the Netherlands. Is there any connection between Poland and the Netherlands in history? A name like "de Vries" (which is typically Dutch and one of the most common last names there) ends up in this game. There are more names like that: "de Weyze" (probably meaning the wise one), "Coehoorn" (probably "koehoorn" or "cow horn"), "Bruys" (typical Dutch last name),
There is no precise yes or no answer in this case, maybe the Dutch names are intended or not. CDPR hides many Eastereggs in the game. Some are very obvious, some are hard to discover. Check this thread about these funny little things or leave it cos it has many spoilers ;)

HELLO, everyone! ;DI'm new to the forums, but been 'online' in one form or another since .. '86? Wow. Anyway, to anyone else who remembers Commodore-64s, 2400-baud dial-up modems, and MS-DOS .. my sympathies. Don't we have it SO much better, now?! ]:->I bought The Witcher three weeks ago, finally got STEAM (!#@%!@!) and my Internet provider AND my new computer to all talk nicely to each other (super-geek negotiating skills, huzzah!), and started playing my New Favorite Game of All Time about a week ago ...Figured since this game is my 'new favorite obsession', I'd better start posting. I forsee a long and happy relationship with this character and Game World, which will last long after I finish the game itself .. (I'm only in the early stages of Chapter Four).. :dead: :beer:About myself .. SWM, 38, high-level education, former USAF computer programmer (C, C++, x86 Assembly code), and current motorcycle rider, MMORPG fanatic (Witcher has my WoW friends wondering if I've been in a car accident or something .. I've disappeared from online!), and fantasy/sci-fi reader. Haven't searched for the novels from which this excellent fantasy world apparently sprouted yet .. but it's on my List of Things To Do As Soon As I Have The Money. :)Peace! .. and Adventure!

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Hi there,I am from the Netherlands. Is there any connection between Poland and the Netherlands in history? A name like "de Vries" (which is typically Dutch and one of the most common last names there) ends up in this game. There are more names like that: "de Weyze" (probably meaning the wise one), "Coehoorn" (probably "koehoorn" or "cow horn"), "Bruys" (typical Dutch last name),
There is no precise yes or no answer in this case, maybe the Dutch names are intended or not. CDPR hides many Eastereggs in the game. Some are very obvious, some are hard to discover. Check this thread about these funny little things or leave it cos it has many spoilers ;)
Ah. I've noticed some of those easter eggs. Very funny. Makes you smile once in a while. ;)Still, I've also found Dutch words (not names) which aren't in use anymore these days. I was just puzzled how they got in there. ;)

So it's time to welcome the new members. Hi there new witchers... :wave:@Tobariah
I'm new to the forums, but been 'online' in one form or another since .. '86? Wow. Anyway, to anyone else who remembers Commodore-64s, 2400-baud dial-up modems, and MS-DOS .. my sympathies. Don't we have it SO much better, now?!
Hm, hm... only a bit... sometimes I feel like I should really put my old DOS-machine onto my desk to get rid of all those damned windows-bugs. I remember some good old games, I have played over all those years, like Ultima or the Might & Magic series.
(Witcher has my WoW friends wondering if I've been in a car accident or something .. I've disappeared from online!)
Hey, you're a witcher now, so who cares about WoW? ;D This is your new home now, and it's a fantastic new home, better than every guild in WoW. :evil:

Hard to say for me that I am a newbie, since I have been a lurking for long time over here. Cheers to all participants of this excellent forum :) :wave:As to myself, I am a big fan of Sapkowski's books for about ten years. I think that they are really worth of being spread abroad. Apart from Sapkowski I enjoy good fantasy and SF literature, including classics like Stanislaw Lem, Ursula Le Guin or Philip Dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom