Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @all :beer:@MadGizmo Are these Dutch words adequate to the timeline of the game? Then you should have an excellent translator for dialogues.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
So it's time to welcome the new members. Hi there new witchers... :wave:@Tobariah
I'm new to the forums, but been 'online' in one form or another since .. '86? Wow. Anyway, to anyone else who remembers Commodore-64s, 2400-baud dial-up modems, and MS-DOS .. my sympathies. Don't we have it SO much better, now?!
Hm, hm... only a bit... sometimes I feel like I should really put my old DOS-machine onto my desk to get rid of all those damned windows-bugs. I remember some good old games, I have played over all those years, like Ultima or the Might & Magic series.
(Witcher has my WoW friends wondering if I've been in a car accident or something .. I've disappeared from online!)
Hey, you're a witcher now, so who cares about WoW? ;D This is your new home now, and it's a fantastic new home, better than every guild in WoW. :evil:
I completely agree. For the last 10 days I've missed all my classes, didn't do any of the assignments or projects, didn't see any friends, basically all I did was play witcher, now I want MORE.

I've just started the EE version of The Witcher, which I purchased as an import. I'm female, 53 years old, and I am REALLY looking forward to playing this game!!! :)Happy gaming!! :wave:

HexenmeisterRaven said:
@Tobariah
I'm new to the forums, but been 'online' in one form or another since .. '86? Wow. Anyway, to anyone else who remembers Commodore-64s, 2400-baud dial-up modems, and MS-DOS .. my sympathies. Don't we have it SO much better, now?!
Hm, hm... only a bit... sometimes I feel like I should really put my old DOS-machine onto my desk to get rid of all those damned windows-bugs. I remember some good old games, I have played over all those years, like Ultima or the Might & Magic series.
Wellllll, I can understand your frustration with WinDoze, but really .. are you suggesting that you'd rather load your OS off a 10-meg hard drive, tell the modem to dial the number, wait for connect, log into ONE BBS and check messages, log out, dial up a seperate number, check a different BBS (what we'd now call a 'web site', of course).. You're not seriously nostalgic for that method of "surfing the 'net", are you? ::) ;) And to all the other 'newbie witchers' in the Internet Guild of Witchers .. welcome!! IGoW? .. maybe Witcher's Guild International? Or .. WIG! That's it, we're all WIG members! ;)

PetraSilie said:
@MadGizmo Are these Dutch words adequate to the timeline of the game? Then you should have an excellent translator for dialogues.
I am playing the English version. There is no Dutch version as far as I know. But we Dutch don't mind to play the English versions of games. I have the feeling that it either has to do with the author or some history. Here is a sample: There is a monster in the game called a "Bloedzuiger" which means "Leech" or "Calotes versicolor" ("Oriental Garden Lizard") or "Blood Sucker". It's funny to see those words. Anyway... I'll leave it at. I was just curious. ;)

ahaaa... I guess the Bloedzuiger is mentioned in the Monster artbook. Unluckily I don't have it, just had a chance looong time ago to cast a glimplse into it. Many monsters have a special background incl. their names and I think sth like what you said was mentioned about the Bloedzuiger o_O

PetraSilie said:
ahaaa... I guess the Bloedzuiger is mentioned in the Monster artbook. Unluckily I don't have it, just had a chance looong time ago to cast a glimplse into it. Many monsters have a special background incl. their names and I think sth like what you said was mentioned about the Bloedzuiger o_O
I have checked that out and I have to admit that there is nothing you have mention in the book… I mean I haven’t found any other name of the BloedzuigerI have to check that in one of The Witcher Wikis let’s hope there is something mentioned

Hi all, I'm new to this game too. Played the demo over and over and over as I waited for the EE to be released. Got the Import from gogamer and now I spend my weekdays from 9-5 sitting here at work waiting to speed home and find out what Geralt has to do next! I am in the midst of Chapter 2 and currently exploring the swamp. I must say, coming from a long line of MMOs, I didn't think I'd like a single player game.. but this one is amazing. Cheers!Courtney

Squeeky new to this forum, but have been lurking for a while. Have TWEE, will install after I make dinner, but figured signing up for this forum would be a good idea. 43, female, former USAF B-52 tech, current lay-about, I enjoy and have enjoyed RPGs since AD&D was introduced.
.. are you suggesting that you'd rather load your OS off a 10-meg hard drive
I had to laugh. I remember when getting 2- 5 1/4 floppy drives to talk to each other was an accomplishment, before there were ANY hard drives. ;)

Treasa said:
Squeeky new to this forum, but have been lurking for a while. ...I had to laugh. I remember when getting 2- 5 1/4 floppy drives to talk to each other was an accomplishment, before there were ANY hard drives. ;)
Well, from one 'Witcher newbie' to another, welcome to the forums! :peace: .. and as for nostalgia / horror stories .. hehe .. I remember paying close to $150 for a Commodore-64 TAPE drive (used AUDIO cassettes! took 15-20 min to load a program!).. my first ever computer .. got a paper route to upgrade my mom and me to those 5.25" floppy drives you referred to, which cost close to $300 at the time, if I remember correctly. :dead: And on another 'I remember that' Off-Topic aside, I used to play AD&D quite a bit as well! Well, actually I always WANTED to play, but every time I suggested that someone else in our high-school clique should try Dungeon-Master-ing, I was always outvoted. :p Wish me luck on Chapter Five, everyone! Just started it .. at 2am this morning. :-[

Heya all!This is Hansi from Finland... Yet another total n00b to the world of The Witcher as I've never played the original and just got the Enhanced Edition in mail an hour ago and registered it :DThe registration didn't go all that smoothly though as I first tried to register a user name which was in use and the second one was fine but then the registration program claimed that my e-mail was already in use. So I tried to use the forgotten password but got a notification of "invalid activation code" or something like that when I used the link in my e-mail... So in the end I had to register with a THIRD login and use a different e-mail before I finally got it working! ;DBut anyways, now that adventure is done I gotta start playing this game! I ordered it a week ago and almost went crazy waiting for it to get here :p

After you conquered 3 times the technical demon you deserve a very special

HansVirtanen said:
Heya all!This is Hansi from Finland... Yet another total n00b to the world of The Witcher as I've never played the original and just got the Enhanced Edition in mail an hour ago and registered it :D ... edit for context .. I ordered it a week ago and almost went crazy waiting for it to get here :p
Wonderful! I'm very happy for you, and I assure you, as an unpaid non-celebrity, you should trust me instantly, of course when I say that The Witcher is the best RPG I've played in the past five years .. and it's right up there with Baldur's Gate series, in my own personal "RPG-to-beat List". ;) I haven't finished it yet, and Chapter Four ended in an anti-climax, but I have high hopes for Chapter Five. :peace:Congratulations on getting your own copy, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :peace:

Hi, I'm Andres.Last night I installed WEE and started to play from scratch (I got to chapter III, but had to quit playing two months ago because of a busy schedule).I had to quit when I noticed it was already 1.00 am ;)Just posting to give you guys a big fat 'thank you' for the useful tips I found on this forum (especially the one that told me to delete the massive amount of save games every once in a while, having to wait 5 minutes+ from the main menu was not fun).

To all the new witchers here:Welcome to a trip that never ends.... :evil: ( Believe me, The Witcher will haunt you for ever...)! ;D

Big hello to everyone from a newbie on this forum, but not a newbie in Sapkowski's storytelling. My name is Mariusz (any other Mariusz, Marius, Mario around???), I come from Polska, love Witcher (Wiedzmin), love history (actually work in a museum),good laugh and Zywiec :beer:. Sapkowski is not doing too much fantasy these days but published a wonderful series about Hussites wars in Silesia (any other Silesian around)and by coincidence that's the area in Poland I come from. Highly recommended!!! Shame that you unPolish folks don't get the full translation of Polish text in the game - it's extremely rude, hilarious and interestic from semantic point of view - what are other language version like?Anyway I say big HOW R U folks and evening everyone :wave:I will try to keep in touch as much as i can... :) :) :)

Welcome Tashunca Uitco :wave:Thanks for recommendation of Sapkowski's series of Hussites wars in Silesia. I'm afraid overhere in Germany it takes centuries if we get a translaten. Our publishing houses are late bloomers in regard of the Geralt / Witcher saga. They made an attempt with the 2 shortstory volumes, then abandoned it and now with the release of the Witcher game they start a new release... and promised to keep it going :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom