Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassandra31EEE said:
To all the new witchers here:Welcome to a trip that never ends.... :evil: ( Believe me, The Witcher will haunt you for ever...)! ;D
Wise words, wise words ;DAnd Welcome to you all!

Hello There!I have been reading those forums for about a month and its about time I said a word or two ;-)Witcher is my second RPG and fully convinced me of the genre. I used to play FPS's which now seem boring to me (with rare exception).Anyway, I am looking forward to interesting/funny conversations in this place ;-)cheersSebastian/off to the old Manor

SaSeba said:
Witcher is my second RPG and fully convinced me of the genre. I used to play FPS's which now seem boring to me (with rare exception).Anyway, I am looking forward to interesting/funny conversations in this place ;-)
Welcome! I'd like to welcome you to the ranks of the 'sophisticated' gamers who prefer DEPTH and THOUGHT in their entertainment, instead of ONLY mindless shooting. Sometimes mindless shooting is what you WANT, but now-a-days, you have the choice between play styles. ;) I remember my first games, on the Commodore 64 and Atari-2600, back In The Day, and so I have watched the whole PC / console gaming evolution unfold. The transition from a "shooter" type game to more 'sophisticated' entertainments was interesting to watch early in the Game World's "evolution" .. early on, you could have graphics OR behind-the-scenes complexity, BUT NOT BOTH, because the processors of the day weren't up to handling the calculations. Now, of course, you can have both, but few games actually DELIVER because people still often make buying decisions based on how "pretty" a game looks. Glad to hear that you're basing your decisions now on the kind of critereon that makes The Witcher such a great game. 8)
SaSeba said:
/off to the old Manor
Watch out for that thing in the basement! A lotta people have trouble killin' it. ::) Not ME, of course, but .. ]:->

Hello. Been lurking for several months, but figured I'd actually start posting. :eek:I played the game a lot when I first got it in February, but sadly it went aside due to other commitments and I never got to finish it. But now that I'm playing The Witcher: EE, alongside with reading Sapkowski's books, my appreciation for both works and The Witcher's world has increased tremendously. I'm really determined to finish the game, seeing as how it's one of the more "intellectually stimulating" games I've played in years.Hopefully I won't get into PC gaming elitist banter often. Peace! :peace:

A nice welcome :wave: to all new witchers here Check out the Versus-Thread for the browser game and sit down for a lunch in the Native Zone, you can also visit our taverns :beer: and if you are modder check out the Djinni thread.Feel like you were at home here.... and you will see, this is better than your RL home. ;D

Salve to the Witcher brother(sister)ship. A pleasure to read you :beer:Great thanks to the devs of course. As Bronibor would've said, they should be "f... bristling with pride". Well deserved it is.

SaSeba said:
Thanks for the welcome ;-)I just finished the game and am preparing for another playthrough. Just can't let it go.
Welcome to the forum Sa Seba –It’s a shame you have came to the forum so late! But still it’s better that becoming a member after three or four walkthroughs… :pI hope you’ll have such great time here as we do! :teeth:And one more thing - watch out for angry graveirs! They sometimes even eat whole threads (with all the emotikons and links – wrrr) :whatthe:

SaSeba said:
Thanks for the welcome ;-)I just finished the game and am preparing for another playthrough. Just can't let it go.
... and when you finished that playthrough an the third one and Side Effects and Price of Neutraltiy... I recommand more adventures ;)The Witcherworld welcomes you and all others as well :wave:

Howdy, everyone. I just finished The Witcher the day before yesterday, and it was one of the two new games I played this year that both really got me into the game (enough to make me order The Last Wish) and made me yearn for a sequel. Therefore, like any respectable citizen of the Internet, I decided to join this group of likeminded individuals.

Thaes said:
Thank you, comrades! ;D
Another "welcome home" from the "World of Warcraft exile" .. (umm.. that would be me) ..ps: I -love- your forum graphic! That's from .. oh, wait .. on the tip of my tongue .. System Shock?! Not 100% sure on the name but I remember thoroughly enjoying the GAME! :peace: :teeth:

Hi to all :D,I am long time fan of Sapkowski's Witcher, I love all books about Geralt (three of them - Silver Sword, Sword of Destiny and Eternal Fire - were my first fantasy books at all ;)). I am looking forward to Witcher's world and familiar people. I like stealth & dagger (my heroine is Drow assassin in Oblivion) and sword & magic (Geralt's influence I fear ;)) in RPG so I think that Witcher will be perfect class for me :) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom