Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't most alcohol technically vegetarian? ^_^

Eh, if people want to draw out their drinking as opposed to just getting smashed, beer is a good choice. And for those who aren't fond of beer, hard cider can be a good alternative.

@Princess_Ciri I've never seen that brand before here, I'll have to see if it does exist here in the States.

I hope it's all vegetarian o__O;;;

If I drink spirits I don't get drunk at first and then suddenly next thing I know I'm lying on the floor throwing up. There is no inbetween but at least with cider I can feel when I'm getting drunk.

It's the best cider I've ever had. They didn't have any in Japan and I missed it a lot.

---------- Updated at 10:26 PM ----------

I don't think you're allowed to win anything after this statement. Let's call it even.

I'm not letting you claw back this victory because vodka is disgusting! People only drink it to get wasted

When I said 'call it even,' it was not negotiable :)

I hope it's all vegetarian o__O;;;

I'm not letting you claw back this victory because vodka is disgusting! People only drink it to get wasted

Well, most is made from fermented grain, vegetables, or fruit, so you should be safe. Depends on what you mix with though.

Hey, you can drink vodka (semi) responsibly and it mixes well. Just don't chug it straight. :p

Absinthe on the other hand is absolutely atrocious unless you love black liquorice. And even though it's not supposed to be drunk that way, shots of it will destroy you quickly. Worse night ever was drinking shots of that to Liar's Dice. Ugh.

Isn't most alcohol technically vegetarian? ^_^

Eh, if people want to draw out their drinking as opposed to just getting smashed, beer is a good choice. And for those who aren't fond of beer, hard cider can be a good alternative.

@Princess_Ciri I've never seen that brand before here, I'll have to see if it does exist here in the States.

(Isn't most alcohol technically vegetarian?)

Cock Ale. Pictures exist but are too disgusting to link; the recipe from The Compleat Housewife will have to do.
"Take ten gallons of ale, and a large cock, the older the better; parboil the cock, flay him, and stamp him in a stone mortar till his bones are broken (you must craw and gut him when you flay him); then put the cock into two quarts of sack, and put it to three pounds of raisins of the sun stoned, some blades of mace, and a few cloves; put all these into a canvas bag, and a little before you find the ale has done working, put the ale and bag together into a vessel; in a week or nine days time bottle it up; fill the bottle but just above the neck, and give the same time to ripen as other ale."

So you wanted Reptile to eat vegetarian meal (he is a Reptile, not a cow!), now you say vodka is disgusting.
By my country's law, I have to declare you the enemy of the state.

aww and just after i followed you on twitter i thought we were going to be friends5ever

Absinthe on the other hand is absolutely atrocious unless you love black liquorice. And even though it's not supposed to be drunk that way, shots of it will destroy you quickly.
Oh, I remember a joke made to a friend, letting her drink Absinthe when she had never tasted it, "It's good, now we'll drink this all together in one shot! Ready? 1... 2... 3... go!"
She drank it while others stood still instead.

I will not describe her... reaction.

Oh, I remember a joke made to a friend, letting her drink Absinthe when she had never tasted it, "It's good, now we'll drink this all together in one shot! Ready? 1... 2... 3... go!"

There's only two things that could have happened: It either came back up, or she fell over.

So cruel! Well, a shot is still easier than preparing it with water and sugar cubes in my opinion - at least it is over and done with. Still, I refuse to do it again as there are way better drinks out there.

@Geralt and Ciri That looks like a beatdown, not a war. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom