Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babycham was the ultimate "ladies drink" back in the '60s and '70s. The original alcopop. Sweet, came with a cherry on a stick, didn't taste alcoholic, got you drunk fast. Of course, if you were sophisticated, you drank snowballs. And if you were cheap or wanted to be one of the lads, or were so far under age you wanted it to look like shandy, you drank woodpecker cider.

4% or 4.5% alcohol content is pretty much like a standard lager.

When I was in Berlin during a World Cup match I saw a guy order a Berliner Weisse for his 12 year old looking kid. That's flavored, 3% beer. And we're saying a 4% bottle of cider will get an adult drunk? I suppose if you drink too many and/or reeeeeally fast... Getting drunk on beer normally requires several liters.

When I was in Berlin during a World Cup match I saw a guy order a Berliner Weisse for his 12 year old looking kid. That's flavored, 3% beer. And we're saying a 4% bottle of cider will get an adult drunk? I suppose if you drink too many and/or reeeeeally fast... Getting drunk on beer normally requires several liters.

Woodpecker is known for low alcohol content, 3.5% or so, and Kopparberg is a little stronger. I recall most English ciders run 5 to 7.5%, because the tax is lower at 7.5% and under, and American craft ciders 5 to 7% (there's a regulatory cut-off at 7%). Ace, Woodchuck (not Woodpecker), and most other large producers make 5%. The bottles of Julian in my pantry are 7%.

But yeah, Berliner Weisse is kid stuff.

Last edited:
I have three primary go-to's for drinks:
1. Anything with vodka. Vodka + any mixer and I'm pretty much set. An 'Adios Motherf***er' is certainly an easy way to get the night/party started (though that is more than just vodka).
2. I've taken a likely recently to stuff with rum (dark or light).
3. A good margarita.

I like this topic. But man... rum. Do not get wasted on rum ever, because the next day.. There is no next day, you'll spend it asleep. :p

Alright. Here's mine.

1. Whiskey. Preferably Irish, though I've been meaning to get my hands on some bourbon. Tried a brand last week called Bushmills. Was pretty good.

2. Tsipouro. I'm Greek so.. :p

3. Vodka with anything like you said.

Went out last night and ate a burger at 23:30.

I have to stop eating burgers at 23:30.

I wasn't even hungry, damn it.

You weren't? Maybe you were a bit early, then. Being ravenously hungry in the small hours is a fixed part of my nights out, which regularly leads to a desperate search for whoever is selling at that time and wolfing down large quantities of junk food. I laugh at the notion that alcohol makes fat. The real issue is the crap you devour when you're drunk and starving.

You weren't? Maybe you were a bit early, then. Being ravenously hungry in the small hours is a fixed part of my nights out, which regularly leads to a desperate search for whoever is selling at that time and wolfing down large quantities of junk food. I laugh at the notion that alcohol makes fat. The real issue is the crap you devour when you're drunk and starving.
I'm trying lately to stop eating after 20:00-21:00. Makes my body feel bad the day after. Usually it works, and I'm not a fanatic - I don't mind eating on a night out with friends.

Still, I need to start going by my stomach instead of my eyes, and not eat when I'm not hungry.

I tried (commercial) beer once many years ago, think I was 12 or 13, it tasted like horse piss(no, I don't know what horse piss tastes like), IT WAS MERELY A FEW DROPS, since then I've never tried any direct alcoholic beverage.

Maybe I should try something sweet instead, like.... mead?

Or maybe the best of both worlds?

http://drinksenthusiast.com/2013/07/30/miodula-presidential-blend-tasting-notes/

I highly recommend it to all vodka enthusiasts; if you ever manage to get your hands on one of these - grab it, it's very rare(only 4000 bottles per year are produced). It's one of the best alcoholic drinks I've ever tasted.

I tried (commercial) beer once many years ago, think I was 12 or 13, it tasted like horse piss(no, I don't know what horse piss tastes like), IT WAS MERELY A FEW DROPS, since then I've never tried any direct alcoholic beverage.

I'm exactly the same, really don't like beer. Ended up trying mead as well.
Tried multiple kinds and got a bottle, turns out I'm more into the even sweeter kinds (like vanilla flavored).

I love the comments on that.

Anyway I'm not even someone who drinks... but that sounds awesome.

Thanks God, I'm not the only odd in the world! ;)

Last edited:
"Seriously" thinking about changing my nickname, I have different nicks lots of forum, don't want to get confused. My memory...

Oh drunken meal, shame meal.

Mine used to be McDonalds or Whataburger.

Now it's just Whataburger after the bout of food poisoning I got from the former two years ago.

In fairness, I don't drink regularly, I'm a very small adult and I frequently get mistaken for a child. When I go abroad on holidays with my parents, I always get given the kids menu in restaurants, despite being almost 21 years old. So probably being small + not drinking often makes me a lightweight.

When I was in my first year of uni I could drink lots and only get a little bit drunk, but that was because I was going out 3 nights a week. I don't do that anymore so I don't have any alcohol tolerance.

I think everybody had experience with alcohol at young age and I doubt anyone liked it back then. It grows on you later.
It's been proven, that children taste things differently than adults - that's why they prefer bland food, instead of well seasoned and characteristic dishes.

Try a good wheat beer at first. I've told you this already :p

---------- Updated at 01:36 PM ----------

"Seriously" thinking about changing my nickname, I have different nicks lots of forum, don't want to get confused. My memory...

I suggest FETTUCCINE :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom