Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks say it was the same before TW2 release, so I'd wager to say it's... standard practice by now :p

This is true. There weren't very many members on the forums before TW1 was released but I still remember a few nay sayers even then. Before TW2 was released the forums had grown quite a bit and so did the level of BS. It's quite normal for internet forums to go crazy when a game is close to release so I hardly read or comment in those sections and spend most of my time in the community subforum.

It will die down once the game is out, the forums were pretty fun post-TW2 release. I have no doubts a lot of great discussions are going to happen. Right now we have little to work with, so people get very impatient and very emotional over the info we do have...

Nice to see you make an appearance, Dona. You should do so more often :).

When you compare these forums to ones like the bioware ones it should make you a lot happier :p the amount of stupid people in those forums constantly making idiotic threads is unbelievable.

---------- Updated at 09:56 AM ----------

I second this!!! A mod with a Iorveth icon is clearly a good person

the amount of stupid people in those forums constantly making idiotic threads is unbelievable.
Are you one of those people?

It's great to see you all again! I'd been away because of life stuff, but I should be here more often from now on. :D

I second this!!! A mod with a Iorveth icon is clearly a good person

:bows: Always glad to meet fellow fans of gorgeous elven prince Iorveth! <3

A question to forum veterans - this intense negative wave that's been going on for some time in the Wild Hunt subforum; is it a known, cyclical thing that passes over time? I keep jumping back hoping for news, interviews, screenshots and what have you, but lately more and more threads are contaminated by this venomous criticism that just makes me question why the hell do I keep returning.

Or am I just exaggerating it?

No.

remember that the age ratio of forum members is from 17 to +60. And that include a generation which several of them have grow up when buy was very easy, not giving the real worth to effort and work. So, anything given to them will look at their eyes not enough. It'd be good to stop and remind that CDPR just said s they would make an impressive game under their concept of a RPG - open world should be but someone think that means the perfect game

Who can explain that to who doesn't want hear?

I wasn´t here before TW2, but from other games´ forums I can tell that before any release there are always people nitpicking every single little detail, that can also get very aggressive when confronted.
This is the internet! Welcome, and be careful!

I'd say the retail box is not suitable. It's not made to be an exterior box for shipping, only to be boxed up in a real shipping box.

An ESD bag, wrapping or spacers that prevent the drive from moving within its box, and a box suitable for shipping are standard requirements even if this is a return of a failed drive. The drive has to be returned in a condition that it can be evaluated and refurbished if possible, and if they can find a way to claim it was damaged due to improper packing and shipping, they can deny your return.

When you don't have original packaging, the standard way to ship a drive is like this from Western Digital's RMA instructions:

I meant shipping the drive inside an ESD bag, with the plastic supports, inside the smaller corrugated box. But you make a good point, I'll repack everything the way it came. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom