Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess 83 is pretty long... RIP

He once gave out the full text of the Vulcan blessing,

"May the Lord bless and keep you and may the Lord cause his countenance to shine upon you. May the Lord be gracious unto you and grant you peace.... Live long and prosper."

Not just a good man, but a mensch. The world needs more like him, and will miss him terribly.

On my twitter/tumblr people are freaking out over this photo.
Apparently to some people the dress appears white and gold, but to others it appears as black and blue.

It's gold and white, though? Right?

The brand is selling this dress says it's blue and black. But given the expectation that the pic has aroused in the network, they have decided to sell the white and gold model shortly.

Last edited:
The brand is selling this dress says it's blue and black. But given the expectation that the pic has aroused in the network, they have decided to sell the white and gold model shortly.

I immediately perceived it as blue and black, my brain looks at the over-exposure and restores the colors in my mind. The lower right corner has the least over-exposure. I don't know what about it allow others to perceive it strongly as white and gold. The shadows at the top might look gold but they're washed out tones and there's no amount of over-exposing that will turn white into blue I don't think. And anything that's white is just highlights from other light sources. :/

I think it's great that they're capitalizing on it.

Last edited:
Mensch as in human in German. Is that a saying I don't know, or am I missing something?

Yiddish, from whence it crossed into American English. Leonard Nimoy was Jewish and spoke Yiddish at home. Mensch, mentsh means a man of exceptional character, one who is decent and honorable and helpful in all his dealings.

"...someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous." [Leo Rosten]

Last edited:
EDIT: Disregard, I'm not fully conscious.

Right. But why have the public groups been erased? Or have I been kicked from them all? I think they're important, because discussion here is more heavily moderated than I've seen of late. Surely there should be an opportunity to discuss topics in semi private groups where mods don't interfere?

@slimgrin If anyone's deleted any groups, it's the group owner. We don't really do moderating on groups unless somebody reports something etc.

Says on your profile you're a member of 3 groups, so you should be able to access those from your profile page if you have trouble navigating the general groups page.

Anyway, if you'd like to discuss moderation, you're welcome to do so via PM.

Right. But why have the public groups been erased? Or have I been kicked from them all? I think they're important, because discussion here is more heavily moderated than I've seen of late. Surely there should be an opportunity to discuss topics in semi private groups where mods don't interfere?

Just checked Slim, you're still a member of my Drinking Den as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom