Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you asked for it, Quixote :D
" Starbug was built to last sir. This old baby's crashed more times than a ZX81. "- Kryten
"An IQ of 6? Do me a lemon! That's a poor IQ for a glass of water! "- Holly
Cat: "Forget red - let's go all the way up to brown alert!"Kryten: "There's no such thing as a brown alert sir."Cat: "You won't be saying that in a minute!"
Rimmer: "Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."
" I'm so gorgeous, there's a six month waiting list for birds to suddenly appear, every time I am near! "- Cat
"Last time I only failed by the narrowest of narrow margins.""You what? You walked in there, wrote, "I am a fish," four hundred times, did a funny little dance, and fainted." - Rimmer and Lister
Nuff'?

Alright, an excerpt from the Monty Python skit:Sgt.:We haven't done them, have we? Right. Bananas. How to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. Now you, come at me with this banana. Catch! Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.Palin:Suppose he's got a bunch.Sgt.:Shut up.Idle:Suppose he's got a pointed stick.Sgt.:Shut up. Right now you, Mr Apricot.Chapman:'Arrison.Sgt.:Sorry, Mr. 'Arrison. Come at me with that banana. Hold it like that, that's it. Now attack me with it. Come on! Come on! Come at me! Come at me then! (Shoots him.)Chapman:Aaagh! (dies.)Sgt.:Now, I eat the banana. (Does so.)~ Roxy

gamewidow said:
ah ... love the pythons :)
Me too ;D Who doesn't? :DWhen I hear somebody never seen them, I wonder how can one live like that... without Monty Python :D Red Cross shall help such people :DHmm... Monty Python thread? Sounds like a good idea ;D

Though it's only a written passage, no voices, no sound and no pictures... I spilled my coffee when I heard Chapman's death cry :D

gamewidow said:
EVERYONE loves the Pythons. Our chief weapon is surrealism... Nonsequitors and surrealism... surrealism and nonsequitors. Our two weapons are nonsequitors and surrealism.... and patent absurdity. Our three - our three weapons are nonsequitors, surrealism, and patent absurdity - and an almost fanatical devotion to silly walks. Our four - no - uhmmm... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as nonsequitors... I'm sorry, I'll come in again.
gamewidow said:
EVERYONE loves the Pythons. Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as nonsequitors, surrealism, patent absurdity, an almost fanatical devotion to silly walks... and nice knotted hankies. Oh damn!

Nice one Simon ;)
My Brain hurts!
And now for something completly different:I use the browser Opera and just recently got a headset. Thus I came to the conclusion that I, for fun, should try out the speech-udnerstanding capabilities of Pera.However, now I find it very amusing to have the text read to me.Listing to a mechanical voice reading Simons posts is very amusing :D

SimonBrooke said:
And it's Shir Shean to you.
And how do YOU know what Mr. Connery wants me to call him? Surely you don't imagine that I've told you EVERYthing about my past, Simon; a woman is entitled to a secret or two.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
And it's Shir Shean to you.
And how do YOU know what Mr. Connery wants me to call him? Surely you don't imagine that I've told you EVERYthing about my past, Simon; a woman is entitled to a secret or two.
He isn't 'Mr Connery', that's the point. So you either call him Schnuffles, or you call him Shir Shean.

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
He isn't 'Mr Connery', that's the point. So you either call him Schnuffles, or you call him Shir Shean.
Silly Simon. One doesn't call a person "Schnuffles" in public unless one is trying to embarrass them. Does one, Schnuffles?

TheSilver said:
Shir Shean shounds fine to me :D
Well, you see, I'm American. We don't have lords and ladies over here, and it isn't proper for us to give exaggerated forms of respect that don't exist in our own country.One of the proper forms of address for the President of the US is "Mr. Obama." So, we don't have Sir Anybody over here, and while many Americans think titles are cool and rush to use them, it's actually not proper for us to do so. He may be "Sir Sean" to the British, but he's "Mr. Connery" to me. If that form of address is good enough for my president, it's good enough for some actor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom