Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fancy new drink, a bit of a mix of everything. It's poured very slowly, and it seems to take forever to arrive. Anticipation heightens the flavour.

I hope it's also served in a very, very tall glass.

Why do you preorder a CE here? I got mine nearly a year ago.

Are you.. From the future?

I'm kinda thrilled about the statue now. My least favorite part of this drink.

Hey guys I have a question, for anyone who has stayed in London as a tourist - do you know any good (and reasonable cheap) hotels to stay at?
My friends are visiting me from Japan so I said I'd help them find somewhere, but as I live fairly close to London, I've never needed to use a hotel there. So I was hoping somewhere here might have some recommendations?

---------- Updated at 02:46 PM ----------

Anyone wondering who will be left after release?

I'll be here too *sigh*
I won't be playing the Witcher 3 until I go back home in June. Stupid exams

I planning to play on hard as well. I allways played on normal the Witcher games on the first run, but I want more challange from the start. We will see what happens.
Same. And to be honest, neither Witcher 1 or two were that hard on first run. And since I have over month of free time, I'm in no hurry complete the game anyway. :happy:

Same. And to be honest, neither Witcher 1 or two were that hard on first run. And since I have over month of free time, I'm in no hurry complete the game anyway. :happy:

I remember that back in time we have a launch party for TW2 and they showed us a live gameplay, the player played on normal, and died so many times at the ballista :D.

To be fair, Witcher 2 was somewhat merciless to newbies. You were kind of thrown into the combat without any tutorials so not exactly surprising. A lot of people found the prologue extremely difficult.

Are you.. From the future?

Why do you think I am?
Shhhhhh, you can't talk so open about my true identity :-

Hey guys I have a question, for anyone who has stayed in London as a tourist - do you know any good (and reasonable cheap) hotels to stay at?
My friends are visiting me from Japan so I said I'd help them find somewhere, but as I live fairly close to London, I've never needed to use a hotel there. So I was hoping somewhere here might have some recommendations?

I don't know about hotels, but I can say that I was at Wombats Hostel a few years ago in london with my class, and it was okay and cheap.
Can't you use such new cool hotel search sites? (Never used them myself xD )

To be fair, Witcher 2 was somewhat merciless to newbies. You were kind of thrown into the combat without any tutorials so not exactly surprising. A lot of people found the prologue extremely difficult.

Sweet remembering dying multiple times on Normal, until I realized I won't get past the prologue when I don't change the settings ... Well, that's past. Still hate the wraiths later on.

A rather tall glass -- a horn, in fact, rather like Utgarda-Loki's horn, which not even Thor could empty at three draughts.

A glass tall as Utgarda-Loki's drinking horn, and as heavy as his cat (for our computers).

You get friend points for this reference ;)

About Difficulty: there's a noticeable trend to make games easier (aka cinematic). My first TW2 playthrough was on Normal and apart from being burnt by the dragon in the prologue multiple times, the only *really* hard part was Letho in Flotsam. This was v1.0. After that played on Dark and it was much more fun. I think I'll start on Hard and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I don't know about hotels, but I can say that I was at Wombats Hostel a few years ago in london with my class, and it was okay and cheap.
Can't you use such new cool hotel search sites? (Never used them myself xD )

Lol I could use hotel search sites but it's always nice to hear other people's recommendations, since sometimes the hotels are different to the reviews.

I don't like those benchmarks. That means I surely have to upgrade my GPU :-

Okay guys, I am going home now and will read more of The Last Wish. Let's see if i can keep my excitement about those books!

I don't mind playing on Ultra and HBAO @ 42+ FPS :) I'm sure a performance patch is coming up soon.

Edit: Did anyone see the screenshots at the Nvidia tune guide for TW3? They look amazing...

Edit 2: Amazon just charged me $168. What could that be?? :p

Last edited:
I don't mind playing on Ultra and HBAO @ 42+ FPS :) I'm sure a performance patch is coming up soon.

Edit: Did anyone see the screenshots at the Nvidia tune guide for TW3? They look amazing...
Currently reading through the guide and I'm already tweaking settings (like the AF quality) from the drivers. :)

Edit 2: Amazon just charged me $168. What could that be?? :p

Yes.... I'm doubting which chose....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom