+
Status
Not open for further replies.

How's this for eerie?

Attachments

• Swamps.jpg
    Swamps.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 52
OK I'll break my own rule and talk about the game. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Been in Velen for a while. My normal playstyle is: perform as many interested or relevant side quests or witcher contracts as possible, save some money, get some gear or supplies, and the perform main quests. However everywhere I go I step on something that kicks my ass. I'm currently only level 5 and just forged the viper swords from the previous area. Examples of dead ends:

Try to look for the guy's wife, there's a werewolf involved, I can barely hurt it and it regenerates like crazy. Didn't try after getting the serpentine swords.

Go north-east and find an abandoned fortress, with harpies on top that I easily kill. Go down, find an endrega that is seemingly immune to my sword and kills me in two hits.

So how is this game best played? Performing the basic main quests first and then, later, side missions?

Main quests give you the most experience (almost to excess at points later on). Contracts also give decent experience. Make sure to compete lower level quests first so that you get the most out of them. Most sidequests and quick quests don't give much. Get leveled up and work on the Witcher armor sets asap.

I don't want to disturb you, but... can you do that stuff in some of those TW3 threads? Maybe like suggested an own Hairy Bear Witcher 3 Talking thread here.
Just a suggestion.

And question to some of you who have the CE. The medallion chain is very long. Has anyone of you done something there, like shortening the Chain, or adding some clasp to the chain?

Why is this game so beautiful. ;_;

You already know the answer to that question! It's because the RED Team has a collection of extremely talented, sensitive artists, and programmers, each with an eye for details, who devoted remarkable attention, to create truly spectacular and impressive visual experiences.

Alan! Good to see you, have a drink. So. Can you confirm - Skellige = Ulster accent, right?
(As opposed to Kaedweni in TW2, who were Eire?)
I've been away too long, forgotten which is which.

(And no, there is no spoiler in that post)

Alan! Good to see you, have a drink. So. Can you confirm - Skellige = Ulster accent, right?
(As opposed to Kaedweni in TW2, who were Eire?)
I've been away too long, forgotten which is which.

(And no, there is no spoiler in that post)

Specifically it's a very heavy Antrim accent that the islanders have.

P.S: I'm in Novigrad, but I have heard some Skellige accents in a couple of videos.

OK I'll break my own rule and talk about the game. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Been in Velen for a while. My normal playstyle is: perform as many interested or relevant side quests or witcher contracts as possible, save some money, get some gear or supplies, and the perform main quests. However everywhere I go I step on something that kicks my ass. I'm currently only level 5 and just forged the viper swords from the previous area. Examples of dead ends:

Try to look for the guy's wife, there's a werewolf involved, I can barely hurt it and it regenerates like crazy. Didn't try after getting the serpentine swords.

Go north-east and find an abandoned fortress, with harpies on top that I easily kill. Go down, find an endrega that is seemingly immune to my sword and kills me in two hits.

So how is this game best played? Performing the basic main quests first and then, later, side missions?

I usually go for a couple side quests to level and explore a little before the main quests myself, but it definitely works better with this game to main quest a bit first. And I agree, work on armor sets.

I found one I REALLY like in a chest by a monster nest....

Yes. You get a prompt in red that it has failed but you can just reload and do it before moving on.

I do not want to reload the game cause the decisions I have done are not what I expected. That is immersion-breaking for me. I want to feel the consequences.

Just wanted to ask if you will be warned before that quests should be finished etc, like it was sometimes in TW1 and TW2, or if it just fails if you continue the main quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom