Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is probably supposed to go in the tech support part of the forum, but it's such a silly problem I was hoping I could just ask someone here...
Basically I have 2 hard drives and I copied/moved all my Witcher 3 files to my 2nd hard drive as it has much more space. Originally this didn't work and GOG just re-made the Witcher 3 folder in my C Drive instead of my E drive like I wanted.

But whatever I thought it doesn't matter I can just move the save files over whenever I remember and then delete them from my C drive.

Then I went to start the Witcher 3 today and noticed that it has completely disappeared and GOG thinks I need to install the Witcher 3. The thing is, I have 100% of all the files/patches etc on my E drive, but GOG won't recognise them :/

Does anyone know how to fix this?

And so that I'm not off topic...or on topic? How does it work? ...Anyway I forgot what I was going to say.
:yawn:

Basically I have 2 hard drives and I copied/moved all my Witcher 3 files to my 2nd hard drive as it has much more space. Originally this didn't work and GOG just re-made the Witcher 3 folder in my C Drive instead of my E drive like I wanted.

But whatever I thought it doesn't matter I can just move the save files over whenever I remember and then delete them from my C drive.

Then I went to start the Witcher 3 today and noticed that it has completely disappeared and GOG thinks I need to install the Witcher 3. The thing is, I have 100% of all the files/patches etc on my E drive, but GOG won't recognise them :/

Does anyone know how to fix this?

You may want to directly install the game on the drive you want. This is usually the best policy, to avoid data errors. As to save-files, they seem to be designated to 'Documents' on whichever drive has your OS, at least that's how it's been in my experience. (I also have two drives in my machine.)

Last edited:
Rather than starting a whole new thread, I thought I'd just go ahead and ask this here since it seems to be the place for anything and everything: do any of the mods know if CDPR is going to bring back periodic interviews with their developers or profiles of the staff? I remember Marcin Marmot (I think?) announcing something to that effect a while back, but nothing seems to have materialized. Was there a lack of interest, or do the REDs just have their hands filled at the moment? Thanks!

Lol okay, thank you for the help everyone. I guess it's time to re-install the game then. And this time I'll make sure to install it onto my drive which actually has more than 250GB of space.

---------- Updated at 02:41 AM ----------

Rather than starting a whole new thread, I thought I'd just go ahead and ask this here since it seems to be the place for anything and everything: do any of the mods know if CDPR is going to bring back periodic interviews with their developers or profiles of the staff? I remember Marcin Marmot (I think?) announcing something to that effect a while back, but nothing seems to have materialized. Was there a lack of interest, or do the REDs just have their hands filled at the moment? Thanks!

I remember Kinley was normally the one that organised that stuff... I don't know if he will still be doing that since he's not a mod anymore.

Ay, Kinley was our go-to Moderator for community interaction: it was he who coordinated the quite successful Spotlight interviews. Shortly before he left, he attempted to gauge the Community's interest for another one, but received so few responses, that the matter was left rather hanging. Since he's departed, as it seems, I doubt he'd wish to undertake the effort again. While very popular, the first Spotlights were long in the making, and took some work; however, perhaps, in the future, if the REDs are willing, and the Community demonstrates enough interest, another could be arranged. . . .

(Personally, I'd still very much like to learn more about the creative process for writing the characters and the quests.)

Last edited:
Been playing The Witcher again, and happened upon this rather amusing little scene:

I wonder what -- or who -- is so popular with the brick-makers in that little hut. . . .

I realise this is perilously close to a topic, but, regardless, I found it rather entertaining.

Attachments

• In a row.jpg
    In a row.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Advice, don't listen to music on full volume and text for like 2 hours straight.

This headache is killing me.

Tinnitus inbound.

Might wanna play it through speakers.

Ordered a new shirt - If one person asks me if it's because I like 'The World's End' I'll be so mad...

Woop woop woop

While walking through town - wearing boots, a beanie and a denim jacket in 17 degree (centigrade) heat as always - I was stopped by an adorable elderly woman who was surprised and concerned by how I was dressed and then warned be about a pile of dog poo and then informed be that 'People these days have no respect for public places' she was lovely and we chatted for a while.

Elderly people make me so happy - they're so care free.

I begin University again tomorrow, grand total of booked sessions I have this week... 3; one lecture, one workshop and the project briefing - Glad I am putting myself in crippling debt now.

Last edited:
My second run of TW3 on NG+/deathmarch is still lots of fun. I keep discovering new stuff (missed quests mostly) and the gameplay is much more satisfying with all those witchery skills at my disposal from the beginning.

I haven't played the Witcher 3 since it was on patch 5 I think... so now I've just started a playthrough with all the DLC.... properly installed on the right hard drive ;)

I can't help but miss Iorveth though. It doesn't help that like half the people in the Witcher 3 seem to be voiced by Iorveth's voice actor. It's cruel, did CDPR do this on purpose to torment me?!?! :geraltsad:

In other news, I'm back at university next week. My summer has come to an end, although I'm not sure how much of a holiday it felt like, since I worked for almost all of it.

As keen as I am to graduate, it is a bit depressing to know that starting from next year, I am going to be working a 9-5 (or possibly even longer hours, since I am going to be career-focused) until I retire. It's really upsetting how much of my life is going to be spent working .__.

Talking of surnames in the Middle Ages, and the fact that a lot of them came from nicknames, I often wondered about this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Grosseteste
There are just so many things in Lincoln named after him, including, nowadays, a university.

Good old Robert Big Head. Important fellow in the history of science. First to hypothesize the Big Bang, and a developer of light and color theories centuries before Newton.

Another one, Dionysius Exiguus (Dennis the Short, or worse) who fixed the A.D. epoch underlying the Julian and Gregorian calendars, by solving the then-thorny problem of when to celebrate Easter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom