Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I'm kinda glad not to have to constantly explain why there's almost no chance Geralt will actually have a threesome with Yen and Triss.

Not for a lack of trying on my part in The Witcher 3. Was a fun ending to the romance side quest, though.

Pray tell. Please...
Why was there almost no chance of it?
1581858370955.png

I'm genuinely curious, and I really haven't heard it. :)
By the end of the WItcher book saga, Yennefer does not seem very interested in sharing Geralt's affections. The last time she and Triss talked about their competing relations with Geralt, this is how it ended:

'You're not going to meet a loved one, Triss,' Yennefer continued. 'I am not so noble or stupid enough to give you the opportunity, or him the temptation. But just for today. I could not deny myself the sweet satisfaction. He knows what role you play as a member of the Lodge. He will thank you for that with his famous look. And I'll be looking at your quivering lips and trembling hands, I will listen to your lame apologies and excuses. And you know what, Triss? I will faint with delight.'

'I knew,' Triss grunted. 'That you would not forget, that you would take your revenge. I agreed to this, because I was actually at fault. But one thing I must tell you, Yennefer. Do not count too much on fainting. He knows how to forgive.'

'He knows what was done to him, of course,' Yennefer narrowed her eyes. 'But he will never forgive you for what was done to Ciri. And me.'

'It is possible,' Triss swallowed. 'He may not forgive. Especially if you insist. But he won't fly into a rage. He won't lower himself like that.'

Yennefer flicked her horse with her whip in anger. The animal whinnied and leapt and the sorceress swayed in her saddle. 'Enough talk,' she snapped. 'more humility, you smug viper! He is my man, mine and only mine! Do you understand? You have to stop talking about him, to stop thinking about him, you have to stop admiring his noble character... As of right now, right now! Oh I want to grab you by your matted red hair...'

'Try it!' screamed Triss. 'Just try it, you vindictive bitch and I'll scratch out your eyes!' I...'

They both fell silent when they saw the cloud of dust as Ciri galloped back towards them.

From Yen's perspective, Triss is at least partially responsible for endangering Ciri back in the books. Ciri is effectively Yen's adopted daughter when Yen cannot have a daughter of her own... which we know was one of Yen's biggest desires. Also Yen apparently attributes some blame to Triss for the fact that she was imprisoned and tortured for so long going by her statements during their argument in the Lady of the Lake. Also, she REALLY doesn't want to share Geralt anymore.

She may not be in the same place five years later... I will grant you that. However, it would seem a stretch of character to get from "he's mine and will never be yours again" all the way too "hey let's have a threesome together!"

I looked up that scene in the copy of Lady of the Lake I have access to, because I didn't remember it at all, and found its tone is different compared to that English translation. Lamer insults (like really lame) but also some text that doesn't exist in the English version. Interesting. :D

And yeah, I see what you mean now. It would certainly have been too much of a stretch.

I looked up that scene in the copy of Lady of the Lake I have access to, because I didn't remember it at all, and found its tone is different compared to that English translation. Lamer insults (like really lame) but also some text that doesn't exist in the English version. Interesting. :D
Well I'm quoting myself there from here in the forum long ago before there were official English translations. That's a fan translation. So it could be different in the official version ... I don't recall the exact language in my hard copy (which Riven has currently IIRC).

Well I'm quoting myself there from here in the forum long ago before there were official English translations. That's a fan translation. So it could be different in the official version ... I don't recall the exact language in my hard copy (which Riven has currently IIRC).
I found the exact same text posted elsewhere as well, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything of course.

(The Finnish version says, translated literally, "you monkey" where that English text says "you vindictive bitch" -- which is what I referred to with "really lame". :D )

I don't recall the exact language in my hard copy (which Riven has currently IIRC).
Nay, sorry, old chap, but I don't have it. I believe you told me once you lent it to another friend, if I recall.

I'm kinda glad not to have to constantly explain why there's almost no chance Geralt will actually have a threesome with Yen and Triss.
Same here. That particular notion seemed to haunt Wild Hunt for months, both before and after release. Those days became a bit wearisome -- although I do recall some rather fine early moderating (on my part) during the Yen vs. Triss war.

Heh. Interesting times, at least.

Cheers, all.

I give away my books too much. :ROFLMAO:
You should start some mini version of a system that a library would use: [book] borrowed by [name], on [date].

Jokes aside, and in addition to what Riven said, lending out books can turn out to be a much bigger favour than either you or the other person would ever expect. I know because I have first-hand experience (as the borrowing party). :cool:

Hi, I saw that the mods here can help make a thread for newbies here, I don't know if it's actually worthwile creating a thread for just 1 simple question tho, what is the name of the song during for the advancments of learning quest? So as I said, I'm new here and I don't really know where to look

I hate this layout for the forum which is why I'm rarely on here anymore. I'd love to see some of the old members but I doubt we ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom