Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I kind of assumed US pints but I see now the imperial pint is different. GEEZ! I suppose it depends then. US pint is 473 ml and Imperial is 568 ml. 7.5 dl is 750 ml. So one and a half pints would be 709.5 ml (US) or 852 ml (UK) and therefore the trade could be good or bad depending on where you are.

And this shows why everyone should use metric. Period.

It's like to change pesetas (or another old currency) to Euros.... a brainmess.... Obviously I have no problem to handle Euros and I don't need to make the convertion but...but I never ceased to make a mental convertion... Yes, inertia.... more older I am more the changes are harder.

Blothulfur is probably like the grey warden Alistair described, outdrinks everyone and continues drinking after they've all passed out.

Or even larger, a metre of ale!

OK enough metric references. How many yards of ale does one need to drink consecutively to be considered an honorary British gentleman?

Speaking of binge drinking, the Edda tells us when Thor visited the castle of the giant Uthgarda-Loki, several tasks were performed by the god and his companions to test their true strength. One such task required Thor to drink from a seemingly bottomless horn of ale, but even the mighty asgardian couldn't manage to empty it. After several more tests, when Thor thought himself defeated, the giant confessed in shock the tests were more than they seemed. It happened that the horn led to the ocean and Thor drank so much that since then, we have low tides.

The wisdom of the ancients. Let's never forget.

May the Æsir bless the Danes for their superior intellect(and great racks).

Will the Norwegians and Swedes followsuit with bottomless women?

May the Æsir bless the Danes for their superior intellect(and great racks).
I know what original Aesir is, but your post reminded me of this :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom