Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand commercials or American TV. Netflix has worked out great for quite some time now in ridding me of both. : D The only TV show my spouse and I watch these days is the Walking Dead. It's had it's ups and downs... I almost stopped watching it a couple times.

It does feel kind of nice to have something I enjoy watching that I have to wait to see more of on TV rather than just binging episodes or movies back to back on Netflix sometimes... Makes Sunday nights feel not so horrible (impending Monday depression) when I have a show to look forward to.

I don't even own a TV license but with the internet nowadays I don't feel the need to. If I had a job I'd probably pay for a TV license so I could watch BBC but besides that I'm perfectly happy watching TV shows online.
I only ever watch TV when I go home to my parents, just to hear my mum complain that she wishes we didn't have to pay for Sky, but it's the only company that has the sports channels that my dad "needs" to watch.

I don't even own a TV license but with the internet nowadays I don't feel the need to. If I had a job I'd probably pay for a TV license so I could watch BBC but besides that I'm perfectly happy watching TV shows online.
I only ever watch TV when I go home to my parents, just to hear my mum complain that she wishes we didn't have to pay for Sky, but it's the only company that has the sports channels that my dad "needs" to watch.

Even though you can get the highlights online!

I barely ever watch TV as there's just more interesting things online to watch, in fact, I can spend a whole day on YouTube and Amazon Prime.

I can't stand commercials or American TV. Netflix has worked out great for quite some time now in ridding me of both. : D The only TV show my spouse and I watch these days is the Walking Dead. It's had it's ups and downs... I almost stopped watching it a couple times.

It does feel kind of nice to have something I enjoy watching that I have to wait to see more of on TV rather than just binging episodes or movies back to back on Netflix sometimes... Makes Sunday nights feel not so horrible (impending Monday depression) when I have a show to look forward to.

Oh man commercials are the worst. It seems like they've gotten better but most still suck. The mayhem ones from Allstate insurance were alright.

Streaming or buying dvds is just the way to go.

I've been timeshifting since they invented the VCR - I think that I've watched live TV, with adverts in it, exactly twice in the last 20 years.
I never used to be a great fan of American TV, but I think that there have been a LOT of good series in the last few years. BBC is still good, but they only do a couple of decent series a year. (So how's Season 2 of The Fall?)

.noisivelet naht nuf erom era srorriM

Man, every time you post here a bunch of your divine words I feel myself more obliged to set up* a monument to your existence. We're unknowingly blessed!
You are... the Mog's Boss

*set up I've looked for synonyms of this but I thought that erect was not the most appropiate term among all those not-innocent minds which dwel in this thread

Don't own a TV, only German TV program I watch is the Tagesschau on the internet. Besides that a couple of American and British TV shows, but hardly any. Haven't really had a good show in the last couple of years except maybe GoT. Here is me wishing, that shows and movies become more widely legally avaiable on the internet in all languages they have been translated to on demand including subtitles. But mostly watching YouTube videos anyway. Better content, on demand and for free. ^^

At home the TV is on alone, no one watchs it, nobody cares of it unless the screen turns in black. It's like the wash of the sea behind, the anonymous crowd rumor street summer day in a tourist area. The most reliable witness that the power supply still works...

At home the TV is on alone, no one watchs it, nobody cares of it unless the screen turns in black. It's like the wash of the sea behind, the anonymous crowd rumor street summer day in a tourist area. The most reliable witness that the power supply still works...

Why is it on then? Why not rather have some nice music on? :)

Why is it on then? Why not rather have some nice music on? :)

Because if I put some music I finish standing up and dancing and singing and neighbors say I disturb them! How unpleasant they are! So, to get concentrate whatever I do TV's programation is the best: uninteresting and boring enough without getting to sleep.

Then take music where you can't dance to. ;) Anyway, why let yourself keep from dancing by your neighbours. ^^ Asl ong as they don't live underneath you and you jump on their head the whole time and have the music really loud there should be nothing to complain about. :D

Still angry that boyfriend wanted a TV in the first place. Okay it's a decent monitor for living-room gaming but meh. The beamer and big monitor where good enough for me. In the end it's funny since except for sports we still use mostly the PC. So only thing that changed from having a TV is that my electric bill got a lot higher.

Not that we actually watch TV except for live sport transmissions. Most is still, movies and series from either download streaming or disks. Mean seriously German TV is utter crap, they force German dubs on you and cut out content, sometimes they even cut out stuff till the point that nothing makes sense anymore...
Though somethings are fun like watching The Expendables in German and having a scene between Schwarzenegger and Stallone being spoken by the same guy... Both sound nearly identical!

Still angry that boyfriend wanted a TV in the first place. Okay it's a decent monitor for living-room gaming but meh. The beamer and big monitor where good enough for me. In the end it's funny since except for sports we still use mostly the PC. So only thing that changed from having a TV is that my electric bill got a lot higher.

Not that we actually watch TV except for live sport transmissions. Most is still, movies and series from either download streaming or disks. Mean seriously German TV is utter crap, they force German dubs on you and cut out content, sometimes they even cut out stuff till the point that nothing makes sense anymore...
Though somethings are fun like watching The Expendables in German and having a scene between Schwarzenegger and Stallone being spoken by the same guy... Both sound nearly identical!

So you basically want it all in English? :lol:

Dancing is not the issue, although I have neighbors over and at sides separated by the most thin walls you can imagine... and we are latin people. No

It's my charming voice, my delicious false notes, breif, when I'm singing forgetting I'm not driving on the road....

So you basically want it all in English? :lol:

Well I for one, prefer to view a movie, since we're talking about that, in it's original form. Even if dubbing was really high quality, I would not want to watch it. But dubbing is more times than not, really awful.

So yeah, I don't watch TV either. The news are a waste of time, since I do not have the patience to sit through a news panel and try to figure out what is real and what is fake. Anything that the Greek TV plays right now, is either gossip shows, cooking shows, or reruns of really really old Greek TV series. I'll pass. The stupidity is really off the charts. Occasionally you might chance upon a good movie, but I don't even bother. There's the internet for that.

The only time my TV is on, is whenever my mom visits. It's just her thing, she needs it on. She's not even watching most of the time.

@wichat

Nonsense. Your neighbors simply can not appreciate art. You should educate them, by constantly singing. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom