Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Princess_Ciri Hehe yeah, I also have an exam tommorrow and I can't focus on studying at all. I end up doing something else every 10 minutes; checking facebook, playing with my phone, writing an email, watching "just one" Youtube video, playing a game "just for a bit", grabbing something to eat... It's too easy to distract me.

Yeah I am exactly the same. During exam times I spend more time making hot chocolate, finding the "right" pen than I do studying, I swear. It's so hard to force myself to start. I think even waking up in the morning is easier than studying for me.

You killed me!

I fainted three times seeing those facial tires

By Petrova

Last edited:
Studying...people think i study all the time....but I rarely do so...
But it may look cool when you study this....
But then you realize that the professor doesn't want you to understand anything...he wants you to be a robot, who only works by rules and formulas...
I don't know this subject, I know how to answer questions in this subject...there's a difference, which is a shame.

Studying Electronics as well, but I reached to that point that all i do is correcting the professors' mistakes...or sitting and getting bored, or keep writing my story.
Mechanical Engineering...The teacher likes to praise some people, one girl for writing at "speed of light"...me for...idk...just some co workers on a place that used to work at, said that he was praising me during their class (different class, same subject).

Attachments

• il_340x270.410028213_56ii.jpg
    il_340x270.410028213_56ii.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 52
But then you realize that the professor doesn't want you to understand anything...he wants you to be a robot, who only works by rules and formulas...
I don't know this subject, I know how to answer questions in this subject...there's a difference, which is a shame.

There are a lot of professors who teach their subjects that way. It is indeed a shame.

If you want to understand the subject better, search for further sources. What your professor taught you, as disappointing as it may be, at least should give you a headstart for delving into the subject further. Read a book about thermodinamics, there are plenty of them which could help you (I found Castellan´s "Physical Chemistry" quite useful in my time, but you may be looking for another point of view about the subject).

I´ve had the same thing happen to me some times during my degree. I found that studying a bit further from what the professors expected for the finals helped me understand the different subjects a lot better.

Going to derail this here, though I will say I am so glad to be done with all that essay nonsense. I can't even really remember a single paper that I wrote anymore.

View attachment 8692

And on a different subject, my card died and I think I'm going to join the GTX 970 crew. Now the question I am trying to decide on is - Gigabyte or MSI?

Attachments

• profile_2077.png
    profile_2077.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 58
No matter the brand but for all those who, as me, will buy new PC stuff, do it before USA raise the price of their dollar.

The big thing with the MSI that puts me off is the lack of a backplate. I wish I had jumped on one of their Golden Editions when they were around.

♦The common thing I hear is that the Gigabyte is the tied for best performance with MSI and OC potential, but they are big and don't have the nice idle fan solution. They've also apparently fixed a lot of the coil whine with the 1.1 models.
♦The MSI has great performance and is a good card, very quiet, but has had some issues with the fans working and runs a bit warmer than the G1.
♦ASUS I keep hearing is a good card but at the bottom of the bunch, not as good performance-wise by default and can't OC as well due to having only the 8 pin power connector, but besides having the metal casing and a backplate, doesn't really have any edge over the MSI.

The big thing with the MSI that puts me off is the lack of a backplate. I wish I had jumped on one of their Golden Editions when they were around.

♦The MSI has great performance and is a good card, very quiet, but has had some issues with the fans working and runs a bit warmer than the G1.

You don't really need a backplate. The card is big and somewhat "heavy", but it sits in there with minimal sag if at all. The fan issues have probably been corrected by now, I don't have any strange or loud noises on mine at all.

Temperature wise, mine rarely goes over 65º C and when it does it's only 1 or 2 degrees more. That's pretty good right there. If you're saying the Gigabyte card works at full load at around 60º C, that's really negligible and really not surprising when you consider the massive size of the G1.

Price/performance/power draw/size ratio favors MSI.

Been using ASUS 660Ti for a few years and really happy about it. I love how quiet it is, even under load(when idle it's just inaudible).

I treated myself to some new running shoes a few days ago, as my old ones were making my ankle hurt so badly it meant after a run I'd be in pain for the next month. Now I can go running and my ankle feels fine! It's so nice to be able to go running and not worry about how much it's going to hurt. Now all I need to do is improve my fitness so I can join my mum when she does 8km runs.

Running...

The only running I do is when I realise I left water boiling for my tea.

Lol I never used to like running, but if you start off slowly and build up your stamina, it's really great being able to run long distances in the pretty countryside.
Although I admit when I am at university it's not so nice, as running in the city is pretty unpleasant. But when you live somewhere like this:

It's really wonderful!

Oh and danger, I run from that too. Helps if I can get my shoes off in that instance.

Both suck.

Edit: About pain, my right foot is just a tad bit wider than my right and being a boot man that sucks. I average 25-30 miles or 5 miles 5 days a week at work. Left foot is never in any pain though. However I basically had to stand in one spot all day last week which was awful. Had pain in it for 3 days or so, wanted to cut the sonofabitch off so bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom