Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back from the family Christmas time, it was nice and sunny 10C when I was going, so I didn't take any warm clothes.
Day after, -9C and snow, snow everywhere.
To hell with this weather.

@sidspyker Then you're using the phone wrong. I have a Galaxy S4 Mini and I never have problems. Just put them on the right settings and the battery life can be over 2 days (and a full day even after playing games constantly). Never understood how people have so many battery issues to be honest.

@ReptilePZ I hate throwing things away. I was forced to replace my old phone because I dropped it in the toilet (yes), but otherwise I'd still have had the old one. My pc could use an upgrade but I refuse. Apart from that I always get things as cheap as I can, so I get you. Except perhaps my camera, but even that I cheaped out on a little.

Last edited:
Well 2 days isn't that great for many people.

I have Moto G 2nd Gen, and with constant usage and gaming it lasts one day. With light usage it can last up to 2.5 days, which is impressive considering it has 5 inch screen. But I always have an older Sony Ericsson k800i, which can last quite a while (about 4 days), if I need it.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 36
@Sagitarii I guess, but I know many people who's phones don't even last a day (they literally walk around with chargers in their bags just in case), so I assumed that's what it was about here. If a phone doesn't last you more than a day, you can at least easily charge it overnight, so I don't see how it would be a problem (even though, yes, it's short). I know the older phones last longer, but I don't think you can expect a lot more from phones with screens this big (the screen seems to use the most battery power).

Last edited:
I guess, but I know many people who's phones don't even last a day (they literally walk around with chargers in their bags just in case), so I assumed that's what it was about here. Though if a phone lasts you a day, you can easily charge it overnight, so I don't see how it would be a problem even in that case. I know the older phones last longer, but I don't think you can expect a lot more from phones with screens this big (the screen seems to use the most battery power).

My phone lies to me all the time, it claims 2%...but it is actually 50%
Seriously, i just put on the charger when i return and it jumps back to the high %.

---------- Updated at 04:55 PM ----------

Why would I want a phone that's not a phone?

Why would anyone want an Ipod? Ipad? kinda the same

Wow two days, I am impressed. ^^ I always have the problem of forgetting to recharge my phone in time, cause 2-3 weeks is sadly not as frequent. ;)

I never wanted a cellphone but after the death of my father, leaving my mother alone while I went to work worried me. So I bouoght the first one... and it was a Nokia, of course.

@ReptilePZ
How... actually, nevermind, don't wanna know
A latex glove, a hurry quick shower for the phone and bury it under rice grains.... it's one solution...

Last edited:
A latex glove, a hurry quick shower for the phone and bury it under rice grains.... it's one solution...

Yeah I ended up cleaning it on the outside and putting it in rice. It does work wonders! Unfortunately I couldn't avoid some permanent damage, though the worst bit was the feeling that my phone was just gross forever.

I mean, it was in a toilet after all.

Believe me you don't. I have one which a friend gave me after he got fed-up by it. After jail-breaking it it became slightly usable...
Best use for an Ipad however is as a serving plate for Hors d'oeuvre...

I still have a first-gen iPad. It's great for reading books, which is the only thing I want from an iPad.

Yeah I ended up cleaning it on the outside and putting it in rice. It does work wonders! Unfortunately I couldn't avoid some permanent damage, though the worst bit was the feeling that my phone was just gross forever.

I mean, it was in a toilet after all.

Agree... as our grumpy Mog @Blothulfur should say bloody shit!

I'm very weird, you know? no iphone, no ipad, no skype, no micro... yeah... I am as rare as rocking horse shit, or nay as rare as hen's teeth or rather más rara que un perro verde

Last edited:
I still have a first-gen iPad. It's great for reading books, which is the only thing I want from an iPad.

Found Ipads too heavy to read books on. Gets annoying to hold after a while and really hurts your nose if you fall asleep.
Also getting documents on an Ipad is horribly complex.

And a way cheaper kindle in a ziplock bag is better for use in water, buttons rule if you have wet fingers. Ipads are not water proof enough for use in bath-tubs.

The internet in my hotel seems to have a particular problem with the Witcher forums :( It has been a struggle to get through.
When we arrived in Spain for our new year skiing holiday, my father slipped on some ice, and it turns out he has broken a rib. So no skiing for him this week. I feel so bad for him because he drove us all the way from England to Spain, and now he can't do anything but lie in the hotel room. At least his pain medication is strong.

Oh! Where are you skiing, @Princess_Ciri?

I'm afraid the quality conection to internet is not the best in some places in Spain....

Sorry about your father's rib. Bad news.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom