Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The essay topic is about whether China is a threat to Japan or an opportunity. I'm trying to argue that China isn't a threat and is actually a great opportunity for the Japanese.

I think it would help if I actually had motivation to write it but I'm so sick of writing academic essays when I just want to study languages, I spend so much of my time doing this essay stuff instead I don't really have much time left over for Japanese, which is the entire reason I'm doing this degree @_@

Well i'm not sure how it goes for universities, but it usually goes like this.

Well arguments essays usually going like this:

-Represent the topic with the dilemma in it.

Now there are few ways to do this.
-Present the other side, and show why your side more correct. 2-3 should be enough...We call it the ping pong method.

or
-Present two or more reasons why your side is correct and then present one argument from the other side...in your case why it is a threat...but why it can be more useful for the other side.

And last but not least, write a summery of everything that you mentioned before and prove again why you're right, and your arguments should be taken to consideration...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hope this helps.

This is pretty much what I've got... my problem isn't structuring my essay or writing the argument, it's more like.... reading all the literature I need in order to find the arguments to back up what I'm saying. Unfortunately it's not enough to say "this is why i'm right" you have to say "I think this because it goes along with this theory and this trusted academic also wrote a paper on it once agreeing with me so probably i'm right."

x_x

on the bright side, I am on 2200 words now so I only need another 500 and I will be within the word count.

That's an oil for massage?

This is pretty much what I've got... my problem isn't structuring my essay or writing the argument, it's more like.... reading all the literature I need in order to find the arguments to back up what I'm saying. Unfortunately it's not enough to say "this is why i'm right" you have to say "I think this because it goes along with this theory and this trusted academic also wrote a paper on it once agreeing with me so probably i'm right."

x_x

on the bright side, I am on 2200 words now so I only need another 500 and I will be within the word count.

Ah, that's a shame, that i'm not able to be much more of an help...for getting you the arguments and stuff...but oh well.
Good luck on that...just 500 words to go, and you can go out with a big smile eh?
I'm sure you'll succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom