Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like

After catching her breath.

She fell over then. :p

I have three primary go-to's for drinks:
1. Anything with vodka. Vodka + any mixer and I'm pretty much set. An 'Adios Motherf***er' is certainly an easy way to get the night/party started (though that is more than just vodka).
2. I've taken a likely recently to stuff with rum (dark or light).
3. A good margarita.

I'm not letting you claw back this victory because vodka is disgusting! People only drink it to get wasted

I though it was universally agreed vodka is good. Even my mom likes mixed drinks with vodka.

Only drink it straight if it's good stuff, like some Polish vodkas. Those are actually pretty good and smooth. But I assume you're not exactly into that stuff, or whiskey or brandy or any other "hard liquor".

That's okay I have plenty of pretty photos of Cullen and Alistair

Like, with each other?

I though it was universally agreed vodka is good. Even my mom likes mixed drinks with vodka.

Only drink it straight if it's good stuff, like some Polish vodkas. Those are actually pretty good and smooth. But I assume you're not exactly into that stuff, or whiskey or brandy or any other "hard liquor".

No I don't think it's universally agreed.

Like, with each other?

I'm sure somewhere on tumblr i could find something like this

but no, not with each other

The strongest alcohol I've ever had was some home-brewed Czech spirit that my friend brought to Japan and got us to drink on her birthday. It burned before I had even drunk it z_z

The denizens of what used to be Yugoslavia make some vicious home-distilled plum brandy. At the wedding of the Lasagna Queen's best friend, her father and I finished off a whole liter. They kind of poured me onto the plane afterward.

Kopparberg is hard to find in the US. Their distribution page says it is available only in New York (Sending cider to New York is really carrying coals to Newcastle!), Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.

their short attention span meant it was never really going to be a true conversation topic

---------- Updated at 10:11 PM ----------

How about a tickle fight?
And no cider is a beautiful drink
if you haven't ever drunk Kopparberg I feel bad for you

It's expensive but amazing

OK, so I know this was ten pages ago, but "Pear Cider"?
When did they stop calling it Perry?

Universe, arguably infinite. Assume numerably infinite for simplicity.

Infinity - 1 = still infinity.

Therefore, universally agreed. :)

But consider this

The denizens of what used to be Yugoslavia make some vicious home-distilled plum brandy. At the wedding of the Lasagna Queen's best friend, her father and I finished off a whole liter. They kind of poured me onto the plane afterward.

A litre?!?! Yikes I think that would have killed me. I had 2 glasses of the stuff my friend brought over and I felt like that was 2 glasses too many.

---------- Updated at 01:42 AM ----------

OK, so I know this was ten pages ago, but "Pear Cider"?
When did they stop calling it Perry?

I didn't know they had ever started calling it Perry

Cider's made from apples, perry's made from pears. Although I guess that if it's just pear-flavoured cider then the name would make sense.
And you've never heard of it. Ahhh, times change....
[video=youtube;3N-m3WZJvPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N-m3WZJvPA[/video]

But consider this

A litre?!?! Yikes I think that would have killed me. I had 2 glasses of the stuff my friend brought over and I felt like that was 2 glasses too many.
To be fair, I only drank half of it. But this was Cleveland, so we were drinking boilermakers. (US boilermaker = a shot and a beer.)

I didn't know they had ever started calling it Perry

Actually, "perry" is the original name; "pear cider" goes back maybe to 1995, and there are purists who consider it the name of an inferior product.

Ace, which is the leading brewer of perry in the US, calls it "perry cider". http://www.acecider.com/about/ace-ciders/ace-perry-cider/

Now I'm thirsty. I think a bottle of Julian "Cherry Bomb" ought to take care of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom