Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you people eat proper chocolate? What is all this filled stuff. Also I don't like orange flavour only real oranges or juice.
For @Princess_Ciri it is more pickiness this time, but doesn't cancel out the usual vanity. I will avoid buying the chocolate then, when I am over there. Not that I run into her by accident and she thinks I bought them for her and I have to taste orange flavoured kisses. Yuck!

Orange chocolate is amazing but apparently you have inferior taste so you don't understand!!!

And the chances of me running into you with 30 boxes of chocolate oranges, assuming they are for me and kissing you are very low! Don't worry.

New Vicar is taking confession, a young lady has just admitted to giving a blowjob, and for the life of him he can't find the appropriate chastisement on his list of sins and punishments. Panicking he whispers to a nearby altar boy, "Psss, here Johnny how much for a blowjob?"

Johnny scratches his head and says, "A chocolate orange, and thank you for asking father, the old beggar never did!"

So lets see, I've got apple vodka, strawberry vodka, and lemon bacardi. also tonic water, orange juice some combination of those has got to make me forget the last 24 hours right...

Forgetting stuff is Whisky for me, with a few gallons of beer chaser. I've heard Rum is good for that though, so concentrate on the Bacardi?

Hope everything's all right.

Forgetting stuff is Whisky for me, with a few gallons of beer chaser. I've heard Rum is good for that though, so concentrate on the Bacardi?

Hope everything's all right.

Found the last bits of bourbon, Kinda gross drinking it straight but at this point I don't care anymore.

It's just one of those days where everything pilled up as if nothing good could happen.
Dropped a pan on my foot and broke two toes, RSI acting up, boyfriend parents constantly calling because stupid stuff and they still haven't learned to just write an e-mail (they called 7 times in a single day and live like 5 minutes from here... ugh)

TV barely rescued when the wall-mount broke out of the wall... Apparently the concrete wall gave away.
And then my living room PC suddenly decided not to boot anymore. As apperently checking my hard-drives every 3 months isn't enough and now again one got broken.
It's all the little things that just annoy me to hell.

edit: that's the fourth hard-drive in 5 months that died on me. Every time a different PC. It's like a curse.

Last edited:
Have you been insulting any major gods or godesses by any chance?

You know i'm not condoning this and not recommending it, but when married life and the in laws were getting a bit too much for me years ago i'd tell the other half that I was going on a business trip, book a nice hotel and just blog out with room service and some telly on me own. Very therapeutic to just get away for a bit, phone off and no responsibility.

Edit: Got to admit lazing around in them big fluffy robes is great, never long enough but bloody comfortable.

Have you been insulting any major gods or godesses by any chance?

Probably all of them...

You know i'm not condoning this and not recommending it, but when married life and the in laws were getting a bit too much for me years ago i'd tell the other half that I was going on a business trip, book a nice hotel and just blog out with room service and some telly on me own. Very therapeutic to just get away for a bit, phone off and no responsibility.

Worst part is I should be on a holiday since yesterday. I had this awesome 3 week vacation planned that involved me, a grill and tons of booze in a wooden cabin in the woods... Then those CDproject guys decided to delay their game and my whole play witcher 1-3 playthrough plan had to be changed... Damn still 89 days till I get to turn of my social life for some me alone gaming time...

Found the last bits of bourbon, Kinda gross drinking it straight but at this point I don't care anymore.

It's just one of those days where everything pilled up as if nothing good could happen.
Dropped a pan on my foot and broke two toes, RSI acting up, boyfriend parents constantly calling because stupid stuff and they still haven't learned to just write an e-mail (they called 7 times in a single day and live like 5 minutes from here... ugh)

TV barely rescued when the wall-mount broke out of the wall... Apparently the concrete wall gave away.
And then my living room PC suddenly decided not to boot anymore. As apperently checking my hard-drives every 3 months isn't enough and now again one got broken.
It's all the little things that just annoy me to hell.

edit: that's the fourth hard-drive in 5 months that died on me. Every time a different PC. It's like a curse.

That is a really bad day. Definitely bourbon-class.
And get an answering machine.

I've got an answering machine... If I don't pick up they'll just call like every 5 minutes without speaking on it, then blame me for not picking up whenever they call. They also don't leave a message they'll just hit re-dial in a few minutes.

And I really want to avoid the horror I went through 2 years ago. That was when they called probably every few minutes and because no one responded they thought it was fully okay to take the spare key boyfriend gave them and just come inside... Really fun if you just got home to get a shower and suddenly someone is in the living-room. I came down the stairs only dressed with a towel the front door was open and I heard a noise in the living-room...

Fuck me i'd have some serious words with anybody who pulled that shit on me, I feel for you, time to lay out some groundrules if you ask me.

Fuck me i'd have some serious words with anybody who pulled that shit on me, I feel for you, time to lay out some groundrules if you ask me.

Tried it I'm at a loss with them. Every boundary holds a few weeks and then gets broken again. Doesn't help that boyfriends dad has Alzheimers and really becomes more annoying as the time passes. It's either leave boyfriend to have peace or hope the parents die soon. She's just annoying but at least she's nice in her own way. He damn... imagine he actually told me to get married, pregnant a couple of times and have a minimum wage job as that's what he thinks woman are good for these days.

edit: damn bourbon is gone... Okay bacardi lemon and tonic water is pretty good... also just filled out 100 forms to an anti-vaccination survey claiming my kids died in every disgustingly horrible way possible because they weren't vaccinated... Feels like my good deed of the day.

Last edited:
My in laws live in a different country so they only visit once a year and call like once a week. My parents live nearby but we trained them not to bother us too much. And when they do, it's usually my dad bringing us fresh meat or my mom bringing us freshly baked goods. I got lucky!

But if I were you, I'd insist on going away for a few days. Bring your boyfriend along, I'm sure he's just as annoyed as you are.

There are many other alternatives, like moving...

Oh and ouch! Two broken toes!?

San, if you get repeated drive failures either a) you're buying shite drives from the same shop, ( probably reconditioned) or b) you have a power supply issue.

Is your system run through a UPS? They help with power spikes and drops. I put a UPS on all my senstive equipment. Really a good idea. Also make sure your power supply has enough power for your system. If it doesn't, all kinds of weird crap cna happen.

That many drives that soon is very unusual. When I had customers who lost two drives in a year or less, I went looking for causes other than the HDDs.

I feel for you - I've always lived "abroad", and lack of proximity to family was always a bonus, and with Altzheimers, it must be almost impossible to set rules. Maybe a "what can I do to help in return for which this is how you can help us" conversation with the mother? It must be hard for her too, but you still deserve peace.

And what Sard said about your drives.

Oh and ouch! Two broken toes!?
Yeah, stopped hurting after getting drunk enough though. Probably should skip wearing shoes for a few weeks though.

San, if you get repeated drive failures either a) you're buying shite drives from the same shop, ( probably reconditioned) or b) you have a power supply issue.

Is your system run through a UPS? They help with power spikes and drops.

That's the thing I can't figure out why it's happening. It's not one system. My two main PC's are on separate UPS' and I even laid different power circuits for those.

The hard-drives that failed so far have been a laptop, two main PC's (each on a different UPS) a 3TB USB external and now the main hard-drive of the living room PC (living room PC isn't on an UPS mostly only for TV anyhow). Since the age of those drives ranges from 2 months to 4+ years it just seems like bad luck.
At least I'm really good at data recovery.

Sure if I count my actively used hard-drives it still seems okay... Between the 20 hard-drives I use it's only a few that failed. Still all of a sudden so many... Damn there goes my extra bonus PC upgrading money.

Between the 20 hard-drives I use

The 2011 flood in Thailand threw a lot of degraded hard drive product into the market. Frankly, the HDD business has never quite recovered. A combination of 20 post-flood hard drives in service and a run of bad luck can easily add up to 4 or 5 failures in a year.

Drinking heavily only postpones the problem, but it may postpone it to a more useful time :beer:

The Rum is a mistake. Don't you do it!

Alzheimer's is a pain in the ass. I remember my aunt had to take care of her aunt, for like 10 years. Before she had Alzheimers, my aunt used to call her Mom, they were that close (my aunt's mother had died long before that). By the end of it, she couldn't really stand her. It wears you down I guess. And 10 years is a lot.

A shitty disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom