Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sanamia Only thing you could do fairly reasonably is trying to get the spare key back from them (or changing the locks worst case). There is no real reason for them to have a key, is there? At least then they can't barge in anymore.

@Sanamia, I'm very sad hearing that your boyfriend's dad has alzheimer, it's a cursed desease. My mother had, I took care of her for long years. At the begining Victor and I we started to live together in his town. But few weeks later I was forced to come back home. The desease came to worse, my nerves broken more often and then Victor come to my side to help me. He really did because thanks his decision I gained some free time to arrenge all the burocracy steps for reach a place in a Geriatric residency after 6 years..

The whole family implication is very important, and even then, the desease still damaging someone apart the ill she/heself. Seeying day after day how that people you loved and loved you is desappearing in the void, when that alive body is losing his/her soul by memories drop by drop, the frustation hurts in the deepest of the soul of the rest of the family.

Just, San, be both of you strong and wise.

Thanks guys, now after all the drinking and having slept a bit... Everything is a lot better, huh didn't even get a hangover.

The 2011 flood in Thailand threw a lot of degraded hard drive product into the market. Frankly, the HDD business has never quite recovered. A combination of 20 post-flood hard drives in service and a run of bad luck can easily add up to 4 or 5 failures in a year.

I had totally forgotten about that flood. Damn that could explain a lot.
Maybe I should just pre-empively exchange a bunch of them... Could also reduce the amount of drives by going with larger ones now that the 3TB ones are so cheap.

@Sanamia, I'm very sad hearing that your boyfriend's dad has alzheimer, it's a cursed desease. My mother had, I took care of her for long years. At the begining Victor and I we started to live together in his town. But few weeks later I was forced to come back home. The desease came to worse, my nerves broken more often and then Victor come to my side to help me. He really did because thanks his decision I gained some free time to arrenge all the burocracy steps for reach a place in a Geriatric residency after 6 years..

The whole family implication is very important, and even then, the desease still damaging someone apart the ill she/heself. Seeying day after day how that people you loved and loved you is desappearing in the void, when that alive body is losing his/her soul by memories drop by drop, the frustation hurts in the deepest of the soul of the rest of the family.

Just, San, be both of you strong and wise.

My mom went through the Alzheimer with my grandmother and those were very, very long and grim years indeed. I always admired her for the care she took of her mother and how she tried to help my grandma keep her humanity until the very last day.

My mom went through the Alzheimer with my grandmother and those were very, very long and grim years indeed. I always admired her for the care she took of her mother and how she tried to help my grandma keep her humanity until the very last day.

It's one of those situation when you use to say the awful but true sentence If you have not lived you cannot understand it because it's said that eternity is when anyone remembers you after you've gone... and as my mother was forgetten me I was disappearing with her memories. It's a really weird feeling. My brother had gone at the time she was empty and, awaring she didn't understand a word from me I told her the news. I needed to do it.

That's how I try to put a smile in everything I can. Life is too too too short for taking the liberty of rejecting a laugh. ;)

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

I mean...... No time for nonsenses!

Last edited:
My gran have it too. Doesn't recognise anyone around and smile to everyone like if she knowing them since her childhood. Just yesterday she told me that we both hide in the forest together in 1941. That's strange that she do remember few moments of the past and can attach different people to it, but doesn't remember what happened a few minutes ago.

She can't do anything else but reading a book about little dogs. She can read the same line about hair color of pekingese all day long. Creepy? Yes indeed.

And where to find a cure for such curse? Rhetorical question.

Last edited:
My Grandfather also suffers from that illness. The only people he recognizes are my Dad and my aunts, all his children in other words. He doesn't even recognize me anymore and I can barely look at him, it's just so sad that the man I used to respect is no longer there, instead there's a slowly decaying shell.

Yup. My Grandad was the same way. It was hard to see the head of the family, a charismatic and incredibly strong person and someone I had amazing respect for wither away in his twilight years. :/

RIP.

Over here family heads can be both male and female, so I don't understand all this feminism stuff that's been going about lately. I guess us Celts just have closely-knit family bonds compared to other peoples. Or maybe not, who knows?

Fuck my life. I still feel like strangling a cat (no offence @wichat). Haven't had that much anger in me for a while... Sadly I don't have the female genes in me, where shopping helps. Bought two pairs of pants, a pan and a present (cause I needed to except for the last one). Wish I could feel this happy fulfilment now. Sports yesterday helped for a while, but I could punch someone today. Don't get in my way! ^^

Bloody hell never knew it was so widespread, did I read something about gaming being good for fighting alzheimers other day? Anyway my commiserations to Sanamia and all others who have to deal with this problem in their family, sounds bloody terrible.

Fuck my life. I still feel like strangling a cat (no offence @wichat). Haven't had that much anger in me for a while... Sadly I don't have the female genes in me, where shopping helps. Bought two pairs of pants, a pan and a present (cause I needed to except for the last one). Wish I could feel this happy fulfilment now. Sports yesterday helped for a while, but I could punch someone today. Don't get in my way! ^^

Never mind. I've found a safe place....

Ehem... May I buy you candy bar?

Fuck my life. I still feel like strangling a cat (no offence @wichat ). Haven't had that much anger in me for a while... Sadly I don't have the female genes in me, where shopping helps. Bought two pairs of pants, a pan and a present (cause I needed to except for the last one). Wish I could feel this happy fulfilment now. Sports yesterday helped for a while, but I could punch someone today. Don't get in my way! ^^

Fuck my life. I still feel like strangling a cat (no offence wichat.) Haven't had that much anger in me for a while... Sadly I don't have the female genes in me, where shopping helps. Bought two pairs of pants, a pan and a present (cause I needed to except for the last one). Wish I could feel this happy fulfilment now. Sports yesterday helped for a while, but I could punch someone today. Don't get in my way! ^^

[video=youtube;X0U-eef6OyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0U-eef6OyQ[/video]

Edit: Personally i'm always trying to get into females jeans, hoho, see what I did there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom