Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday @MM360...
I mean @Marcin Momot :)

Z okazji urodzin ci dzisiaj pragnę zdrowia, radości, uśmiechu i mnóstwa REDpointów prezentów. :fun:

Durian

So there I was, walking round the supermarket, when I got within about 10 metres of the fruit section and got a blast of sewage smell. Sniff, sniff, they must have durian, I think. Bought a pack - already prepared because it's a bastard to peel unless you have at least Level 20 machete skills, but totally encased in plastic.
Put the shopping in the trunk of the taxi. By now, the durian has an extra layer of plastic because the packing guy at the checkout put it into its own plastic bag and sealed it. The taxi driver still keeps giving me looks because the smell is permeating through the taxi. I just hope he didn't think I'd farted. I give him an extra tip to make up for the fact that he's going to have to drive around with the windows open for the next hour.
Get home, run through the house and leave the package on a table in the back yard. I guess I didn't run fast enough because the house still smells of rotted garlic. And every time I walk into the kitchen, I can smell bad drains outside the window.
By mid-evening, I realise I'm not going to be able to finish it today, and it really does need to be refrigerated. Put it in plastic, in a totally sealed air-tight container, in the fridge.
Get up this morning, open the bedroom door, it smells like we have a gas leak.

Why do I love this stuff so much?

And I think I'm going to add it to the TW3 wishlist. As a lure. Dead bodies attracting monsters from 1km away has NOTHING on this.

Last edited:
You're not the only one <3
Cats love them too :p

Mine don't, but then they don't like catnip either. Strange cats.
The dog likes durian, but not as much as that cat. He sniffs it very carefully, sneezes a couple of times, eats it, then walks around the floor making little whuffling noises as though he's trying to get the smell out of his lungs. I suspect it's a little overwhelming.

First of all, happy birthday @Marcin Momot!
I hope you had a terrific day!

Now, let´s continue.
Hey, everyone! Here I am, back from my honeymoon! I had a blast, both during my wedding party and during the honeymoon!
I´m going to post some pictures in the pics thread later on, for you to feast your eyes on!

So, how´s everything been around here? I saw that a new "downgrade" BS thread is raging on currently (which is no surprise for me at all...). But I´m more interested about the Bear, actually. Any news?

Hey, @gedierond!

Gald o see you here again! I assume that wyou both have a great wedding and folloing days, (I cannot detect any angry word in your post :p)

The Hairy has been a little empty, there was a shy attempted invasion of intellectuals but our madness could with them.

They've been waiting for you.

I knew Marcin would convince them! OK, pass along the message... they can release it now.

Hey, @gedierond!

Gald o see you here again! I assume that wyou both have a great wedding and folloing days, (I cannot detect any angry word in your post :p)

The Hairy has been a little empty, there was a shy attempted invasion of intellectuals but our madness could with them.

Thanks, @wichat.571! (what happened to your username, btw?)

Good to see the cursed invading intellectuals were defeated by the strength of your madness. We don´t need any sanity here in the Bear, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom