Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally irrelevant to anything, I just liked it:

Last edited:
I've finally realized that my chair is a piece of crap and that in a few years it will punish my back with a vengeance. Any suggestions for a good chair that just doesn't encourage you to get up?

I am 99.9% sure this is either (1) inaccurate info being reported from the original source or (2) accurate info that is based on data that will later be found to be incorrect. But still ... my THE FUTURE IS NOW button has been pushed. It's not everyday that you hear about NASA experiments that may rewrite our understanding of physics. I am pretty sure it's bullshit, but if not ... it's incredible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ntally-invented-the-warp-drive_n_7168500.html

I am 99.9% sure this is either (1) inaccurate info being reported from the original source or (2) accurate info that is based on data that will later be found to be incorrect. But still ... my THE FUTURE IS NOW button has been pushed. It's not everyday that you hear about NASA experiments that may rewrite our understanding of physics. I am pretty sure it's bullshit, but if not ... it's incredible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ntally-invented-the-warp-drive_n_7168500.html

Wowwww I hope this is true.
Can you imagine if we actually discovered how to go faster than the speed of light? It would change so many possibilities in terms of space exploration.

As far as I know, this is still a rumour -- the article even states it isn't confirmed yet -- but I've heard the same rumour elsewhere: strangely enough, in relation to how it could affect the Stock Market. Faster-than-light trading would allow some companies to make an impossible amount of wealth -- even more than they do now, currently, with their computerised trading transactions every millisecond.

Wowwww I hope this is true.
Can you imagine if we actually discovered how to go faster than the speed of light? It would change so many possibilities in terms of space exploration.

Interstellar travels, yeah. This reminds me of that movie "Interstellar", amazing movie about just that, if you love science and space exploration, and haven't seen it yet, watch it, as it is based on real science.

---------- Updated at 06:24 PM ----------

Well if it is true, then it sounds amazing!

I don't frequent the game specific boards very often, but from my understanding that is mostly what happens in the time between development and release. During development their are many hardcore fans and the behaviour ist mostly positive, because the discussions are between guys and gals who are really into the subject. After release there are more trolls and cranky dudes, who are disappointed from who knows what.

I guess some in days they will split the forums anyway into game sections (spoiler/story, technical support and so on) so maybe some of them won't be less cesspit-ish than other. At least I hope so.

Aye the place will improve when TW3 is released. It's probably impatience for the release that's causing what's going on in the sub-forums.

Anyone else here feel that TW3 sub-forum has become something of a cesspit? I'm kinda sad. Feel my go-to place for TW3 stuff has become a platform for endless complaining under the guise of caring for a game.

That's why I avoid those parts of the forums. Reading the endless angry posts just gets on my nerves so it's better to just pretend they don't exist and only visit these areas instead.

I've scaled back my reading on the Forum almost to nothing, now, partially to avoid too much information before release, and, more so, to avoid the endless complaints.

Me too.

---------- Updated at 08:28 AM ----------

Yaay! The electricity just came back on again!.

Fourth power outage this week, two and a half hours this time. I'll be glad when it's June and summer's over, we always seem to get more outages in dry weather.

Yaay! The electricity just came back on again!.

Fourth power outage this week, two and a half hours this time. I'll be glad when it's June and summer's over, we always seem to get more outages in dry weather.

Ach! How miserable! It's just the reverse up in the northern hemisphere: in the wet, winter months, the chance of outages increases.

Well, "summer" in our definition isn't the same as it is for normal people. It's used to refer to the period from March to June when there's not much rain. The temperature goes up a bit, the aircons do more work, the hydro plants do less, we run out of electricity.

I finally gave in and bought a generator earlier this year, after reports that it was going to be bad this year.

Tropical islands aren't THAT perfect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom