Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, the electricity companies have made an announcement guaranteeing that there'll be no power outages during the Pacquiao fight. That really feels like they're tempting fate. I'd better buy more gasoline for the generator.

No matter who wins or loses the fight, the real victors here will be the PPV companies

No matter who wins or loses the fight, the real victors here will be the PPV companies

Not if he loses. There may be a lot of damaged equipment.
Anyway, I won't be watching. Not unless there is a power outage and the neighbours all come round demanding access to my TV. I only really like boxing if I control the character's movements.

Many fanatical boxing fans in El Lay, but they're largely sitting this one out. Mayweather is known mostly as the fellow who beat Oscar de la Hoya, and Pacquiao has little following despite some high-power publicity moves.

A play my daughter wrote is being performed at the same time as the fight. That settles where I will be.

Pacquiao's a national hero here. About half of the articles in the papers seem to be about him at the moment. The interest is probably around Super Bowl levels.

Pacquiao's a national hero here. About half of the articles in the papers seem to be about him at the moment. The interest is probably around Super Bowl levels.

Oh no, Pacquiao's much bigger than the Super Bowl, which is manufactured hype done to sell advertising. He's the real deal, a much bigger hero than even Oscar de la Hoya was here in his day.

After much harassment I got my sister, my girlfriend and my best friend's girlfriend to read the Witcher. They were reluctant to do so at first but after two days they already read several books. They are hooked like in Peter Pan. Iam so proud of myself 8) But the best part is that I can talk about the witcher at home :gathering:

Last edited:
^Well done! More blood for the cause- A celebratory drink is in order:

wish i had someone to talk about the Witcher (or Rick and Morty, Better Call Saul, cynical feelings towards life, etc) in person -_-

The only one interesting scene of Zelda's saga...

BTW, as I've never have any console I didn't ever play it

One of my best friends from high school made this you tube video that is relevant to cats AND Zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1u3h-BcXJg

P.S. for clarification purposes ... Navi is a little fairy that flies around Link in the Zelda series and has been known to say Hey! Look! all the time.

Last edited:
Ha, the electricity companies have made an announcement guaranteeing that there'll be no power outages during the Pacquiao fight. That really feels like they're tempting fate. I'd better buy more gasoline for the generator.

If he wins, they'll probably declare it a national holiday. Also....My PC has shipped. I AM EXCITE! Been one hell of a long year on this 6 year old lappy.

After much harassment I got my sister, my girlfriend and my best friend's girlfriend to read the Witcher. They were reluctant to do so at first but after two days they already read several books. They are hooked like in Peter Pan. Iam so proud of myself 8) But the best part is that I can talk about the witcher at home :gathering:

Mes félicitations pour votre succès ! Très bien fait ! I’m glad you've some companions with whom to share the enjoyment of The Witcher in person, now.

So I have a very important and crucial question for the hairy bear:

Which type/brand of cigar would you recommend pairing with a smokey Islay single malt whisky, for example a Lagavulin 16 (the bottle I have now)?
Please recommend something affordable, after throwing down €250,- for this I can't afford expensive cigars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom