Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
wheatgrass and Pepsi Max

So I spoiled TW3 for myself a bit.

And I`m disappointed about a number of things I deem important, what with some awful characterization.

Sigh.

I suppose I shouldn't be too hasty, I don't know the full picture yet.

Last edited:
So I spoiled TW3 for myself a bit.

And I`m disappointed about a number of things I deem important, what with some awful characterization.

Sigh.

I suppose I shouldn't be too hasty, I don't know the full picture yet.

I have to admit - I've kept thinking "I wonder what KoP thinks of this?". Have a drink, you probably need it.

I have to admit - I've kept thinking "I wonder what KoP thinks of this?". Have a drink, you probably need it.

Yea I do. I also need to sleep.

(I don't mind what they did. Just how they presented it. How one particular character was presented. Keep everything as it is, just make the portrayal a bit more nuanced and less bioware like).

Sigh. Anyways, I'll see when I end up playing it.

You might be surprised, even I was upset at first over several of my favorite characters. Only to discover later on, their portrayal became much better. Have hope.

I have several complaints about TW3, mostly from a mechanics perspective. Even then can't seem to stop playing.

Still think we should open a Witcher 3 community thread, to just talk about whatever from the game. Like how bears are so massive and powerful.

Other than that, I've been trying to get through the day with as little sleep as possible. Must... play...

Looks very good. I tend to drink this kind of stuff a lot in real life, I love juicing vegetables and experimenting with different combinations. (Incidentally, wheatgrass and Pepsi Max is absolutely delicious, even though it looks like slurry).

However, the version we provide in the Bear comes from our own cellars, the ones full of drowners. It just magically appears there.

I'm very glad you take an interest in your nutrition! Looks can often be deceiving, where flavour is concerned.

However, as for the cellars here at the Bear. . . . are you quite sure it's wise to let those chaps roam around down there. I know they make disposing of all the bodies a bit easier, but, still . . . .

Attachments

• Cellars.jpg
    Cellars.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
My only real issues (among some minor complains regarding gameplay mechanics) have been on the technical side. Like CDPR releasing patches that have made the game less stable and more glitchy. And tbh, I think that 1.04 version of the game actually runs worse than 1.02. And seems to have some LOD streaming issues.

*sigh*

Some items levitating, a horrible Esc key system, a couple of Polish sentence among my spanish subtitles, Well unforgiven sins always forgiven.

But I still no finding merchants with gwent cards- I've only a 30% of current cards and I can only play with Temerian Faction....

Nodaways, when I feel sad, I go to the sorrounding of The Seven Cats and cheer up a little. BTW only cats can open doors and enter in houses ;)

Some items levitating, a horrible Esc key system, a couple of Polish sentence among my spanish subtitles, Well unforgiven sins always forgiven

It's only happened once, but Geralt suddenly wouldn't stop jumping. It was really quite amusing to see him hopping about in the middle of a field, though.

Nodaways, when I feel sad, I go to the sorrounding of The Seven Cats and cheer up a little. BTW only cats can open doors and enter in houses ;)

Funny you'd mention that...
There I am, rummaging Yen's room in the Ker Throlde INN, examining her stuff and looking for the clothes she left me. Checking out the stuffed unicorn when I hear the door open. My head fills with anticipation of the imminent unicorn scene. I turn around and look at the doorway and law and behold... a chicken... had just barged in the room. I burst in tears from laughing, walk out and then I realize I almost got cockblocked, quite literally.
MFW :huh:

It's only happened once, but Geralt suddenly wouldn't stop jumping. It was really quite amusing to see him hopping about in the middle of a field, though.

Oh dammit! I thought that was caused by my keyboard lol! It wouldn't be the ifrst time that some keys stay stuck by.... mmmm... little crumbs...

Last edited:

I've had that, and know how to fix it. Lift up your keyboard, stand it on edge, and bash it against the desk a few times to dislodge the crumbs.

Actually upon further investigation, I have realized that the problem is not just weird characterization. The problem is structural, leading to a lackluster political plot, that borders on the ridiculous and is very close to Bioware level portrayal. I didn't expect anything on the level of TW2, but this?

Now I am legitimately fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom