Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is The Witcher 3 the best game ever made? It certainly is one of the best games I've ever played, if not the best game I've ever played.

First have to see how witcher 3 holds up half a year or so later, once all the hype has died down. I remember when Bioshock Infinite came out, everyone was calling it a 10/10 masterpiece of gaming storytelling, yet half a year later it was merely just an okay shooter with a good story.

Either way, it's gonna be hard to top witcher 3 in terms of an open world RPG. It's rare to see a game with such care and love put into it nowadays.

Yup. I haven't played the game since Thursday. The withdrawal symptoms are kicking in pretty hard right now:

Decided to continue where I left off when the patch arrives though. If for some reason I end up in a situation that I have too low lvl to progress (doubt it), I'll just add more XP via console.

Know that feel mate. Even if they fix it I would not able to play it only for 1 hour for 4 days and from such a huge game one hour is like 1 minutes.
Time is a b*tch, it is already June, and it came so fast, but I remember that May 19th was came so slow...

First have to see how witcher 3 holds up half a year or so later, once all the hype has died down. I remember when Bioshock Infinite came out, everyone was calling it a 10/10 masterpiece of gaming storytelling, yet half a year later it was merely just an okay shooter with a good story.

Either way, it's gonna be hard to top witcher 3 in terms of an open world RPG. It's rare to see a game with such care and love put into it nowadays.

Well, TW3 is holding itself for me. I remember that I started to get bored in GTA 5 after half of the playing time. I loved that game, loved the driving. That world was highly detailed as well, but for some reason TW3 is just beating everything I have know to this date. This game has as much unique atmosphere as the first Witcher had not to mention the loads of refferences and scenes recreated from the books. Truly fan service.

Update no2:
TW3 is the best selling game right now in Hungary, since it released. It even beat the GTA 5. Congrats CDPR :cheers:

Last edited:

I never thought BioShock Infinite was a master piece, but it's a great game, still is. I usually don't base my opinions on hype. I don't really care what other people think. To me The Witcher 3 is one of the best games I've ever played so far and it will probably stay that way until something new and better comes out.

It's crazy when you start to getting the hang of it. I confess I hated it at the begining just because I chose the wrong opponents :p

Yeah I didn't play much of it at first, but then I started to see cards being sold by merchants and I decided to put them to use. Now I have two full decks and I'm currently trying to build the Scoia'tael and Monster decks.

Those two decks are just ope, they beat me sooo badly so many times.

That's why I'm trying to build them. :p

Anyway here's my current WIP Scoia'tael and Monster decks:
Monsters

Yeah, still very much a work in progress...

The Scoia'tael deck, on the other hand, is a few cards away from being complete.

Attachments

• WIP Scoai'tael deck1.jpg
    WIP Scoai'tael deck1.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 41
  • WIP Monster deck.jpg
    WIP Monster deck.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 45
  • WIP Scoia'tael deck2.jpg
    WIP Scoia'tael deck2.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 52
  • WIP Scoia'tael deck3.jpg
    WIP Scoia'tael deck3.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 47
Yeah I didn't play much of it at first, but then I started to see cards being sold by merchants and I decided to put them to use. Now I have two full decks and I'm currently trying to build the Scoia'tael and Monster decks.

There is a Scoia'tael and Monster deck? Want!

Finally done with second year exams, and I've come out the other side with a return of my glandular fever and a strange persistent low blood pressure!

Helllooooo again everyone, how are we all?

It's crazy when you start to getting the hang of it. I confess I hated it at the begining just because I chose the wrong opponents :p

After playing a few hands, my opinion of Gwent has changed from 'distrust' to 'very mild polite interest'. I'm not overwhelmingly impressed, though, and I doubt I'll ever be a true 'fan' of the mini-game.

I still miss Dice Poker rather a lot. It was so pleasurably simple. [*sigh*]

Well...now that i'm free, why i have to see a bunch of people talking about the game in my usual place?
someone fetch me a drink, i'm pissed off right now.
People should keeping their words, and not cancel schedules that were set a week ago and say...we didn't arrange it at all...
Now plz...can we stop talking about the game...I know it's the big thing right now, but why here?
Eh why should i care actually, even the mods aren't even caring about this at the moment.
Just going to drink myself to sleep.

You're right Serie, we are a bunch of fucking selfish people!!

Sorry!

BTW... I love the easter eggs in mmmmm ... April :p

Well...now that i'm free, why i have to see a bunch of people talking about the game in my usual place?
someone fetch me a drink, i'm pissed off right now.
People should keeping their words, and not cancel schedules that were set a week ago and say...we didn't arrange it at all...
Now plz...can we stop talking about the game...I know it's the big thing right now, but why here?
Eh why should i care actually, even the mods aren't even caring about this at the moment.
Just going to drink myself to sleep.

Very sorry about that, mate! I try to keep it limited to generalities, personally. However, there are so many new members in the main Forum, and so many threads and posts that simply crowd out each other fairly swiftly, it seems a bit easier to post over here, as most of the people with whom we'd care to converse frequent The Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom