Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vattghern said:
Code:
D:\Program Files\Gry\Wiedźmin\Data
Here - Polish version ;)So I think yes, every language version has same :)
Uhhh, that sounds not good... :hmmm:Vatt'ghern, are you comfortable with your registry? If you know how to use this "regedit" thingy in Windows, could you please do me a favour and check a registry key for me? Or maybe another polish guy/gal can check this, someone who knows what he is doing there. All others should really not do something in their registry. ;)The key has to be: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher, here is an entry which is called "InstallFolder".If this key is named the same in polish, then it is ok and my Setup-Program will work, because my code is based on this key to install correctly.... 8)

I don't entirely know what I am doing, but I know how to explore PC functions without breaking PC (although I manage to break PC from time to time, so that Windows reinstall is quite necessary ;D).I saw registry few times, so don't worry ;)InstallFolder says:
Code:
D:\Program Files\Gry\Wiedźmin

@Vatt'ghern:hm, hm, I'm not sure, that you know what you are doing ;)There's a little difference between the install folder, which is the one you choose when you install the game, and the depending registry key...The registry key is that thing, a game will never ask you for if you wish to install it or not, it is placed (mostly) without your knowledge. :)And my code is based on the registry entry from the Witcher in which the folder information of your choosen path is stored, not on your special install folder:If the Setup checks your registry, then it will find the registry key and now it will execute my mod "into" this key specified install folder and within this folder it will place it into the data-folder then.The problem is now, if the registry key is the same as I have in my registry... you understand now? It's not the folder which one you choose, this information is gathered only in the "InstallFolder"-entry in the registry key, which must have the same name as my registry key to make my setup-thingy work. Confused? Don't worry, I can make you a "walkthrough" how to find out about this special registry key, if no other one can answer this question... :whistle:Edit: Here's your walkthrough ;) http://www.hexenmeister-raven.de/walk_registry.html

Yea... I am a bit confused now... because I have no idea what can be checked there more...HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE => SOFTWARE => CD Project Red => The Witcher => InstallFolder (D:\Program Files\Gry\Wiedźmin)There are few registry entrances more, one says that D'jinni is installed, another inform that language is 5 and the last one shows region - Central Europe.
Code:
IsDjinniInstalled

Lucky Seven, Vatt :beer:@Raven, My regedit shows the hierarchy CD Projekt Red -> The Witcher.My InstallFolder shows C:\Games\The WitcherMy Language value is three and the regionversion shows US.Same with the Data -- The Witcher/Data.Hope that helps somewhat :D

TheSilver said:
Some people just want the things to work without having to do any work :teeth:
Does percussive maintenance count? :whistle:[quote author=Corylea]I saw figures the other day that said that the gaming industry does more business in the US than Hollywood does. I don't know what the figures are for other nations, but I know we're not alone. And in South Korea, gaming is HUGE.[/QUOTE]A Coke ad from the Superbowl that I think amusingly shows how widespread the online world is getting: http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=foxsports&vid=2442e357-a734-4ed4-ab59-6d621aa1b370&from=FOXSPORTS&fg=SBads (btw, the second Coke commercial that auto-loads after it, using the music from Peter and the Wolf, is also amusing). ...yes, I'm one of those people who actually watches the Superbowl for the amusing commercials rather than for the game ;D

@Vatt'ghern:Oooookay, seems, that I have misunderstood you a bit... don't worry, sometimes we're all a bit stupid ;DFor better understanding: I have this code in my setup
Code:
{reg:HKLM\Software\CD Projekt Red\The Witcher,InstallFolder|}\Data
The first part needs the registry key itself, the part after the comma is the information stored in the entry "InstallFolder", that points my programm to use your defined folder, and the last part (\Data) is written by me without being sure, if it's called everywhere "Data". I was also not sure, if the first part of the code is the same in every land, but as I see, it is or it seems to be same in the Western countrys at last.Yes, that means that the registry key is same, the install folder (better said: the directory folder on the HD) is not, but the subfolder Data is the same.The region is CE in Poland, so in Germany it is WE (western europe), but that doesn't matter, that only means, the russian, chinese and japanese people can't use my Setup-Program, I have to make them another version (same as for Linux Users) ;)@All:No, it's very unimportant, if it's the EE or any other version, it only matters in which country you are living and how the registry key is looking. As said above, this setup-thingy has not all codes for all countrys, so it doesn't support other letters than the Arabic Alphabet (and I'm not that good at programming to manage this), so my setup can't be used in China, Japan and as far as I know not in Russia, unless the russians have installed some thing (??) for our Western Alphabetical letters. :)Edit: Hah, this was my first try to make such a setup myself, and even without knowing the damned Pascal and Delphi code, I managed that thing... now that I know that the key is same in mostly every country I can make fine Setup's with all my mods and stuff. :D Before someone asks, it took me two weeks to manage this thingy. :p

At least you managed it. Something like that wouldn't occour to me that I have to consider this at all.. so: thumbs up

My favourite in fill when The Witcher Versus is quiet is Magic the Gathering (Microprose) because like The Witcher Versus doesn't require frantic key mashing . Does anyone know how to get it working properly on XP 32. Cheers and more Beers.

Ech... I think it is going to be bad weekend for me :(Yesterday died my great grandmother. Maybe it should make me sad, but I don't feel so. She had 105 years - quite an achievement, eh? And her death was rather a release for her. You know... these people from old-people's home were only stuffing her with pills - to sleep and not disturb them (at least that is what I heard). They made her loose leg about week ago - some problems with blood pressure I think :hmmm: Now I am even happy she passed away - God knows what more she would suffer from these bastards. Today was a funeral - I just came back.Would be good if some good news now, eh? No way! Today died my PC :wall:I switch it on and it only wheel the fan and does nothing :-\ So I took it to the service - they said it might be CPU or main board. Well... I wouldn't be suprised :teeth: I was using it damn much. Maybe it is good occasion to get a better PC heart? We'll see :)The worst of that all is the fact I was supposed to watch film - and right in the moment we were about to start - my internet went down - it was like that for some time and after about 1,5 hour I got it back... without DNS :wall: Probably my admins changed server and it was not yet ready - Sorry Whisperwind, it is not my fault, as You can see :)Now I only hope I will get connection to You, my friends, as soon as possible :DGreetings, and see You all... in some time ;)PS. I've got through 800 posts ;D

No PC, no internet... time to get back to good old time when you physicly take a book in your hands and read or take a piece of paper and pen and write a letter ;D Though I admit, my hand hurts when I write a letter in that "old fashion" way. It's easier to use the keyboard and I'm faster with typing. But I still love to read books, don't like E books or other virtual stories.Sincere condolences to your great grand mother's death. 105 years is indeed a lot. I hope she didn't have to suffer a lot during the last weeks/months though you mentioned she had to take lots of medicaments.

Yes I know this kind of stationery. Once I bought a very dark purple notepaper and a pen you describe, which you have to press (softly) to make the ink flow. I'm not used anymore to handle such a practical pen because there were lots of blots on the letter because I managed to use too much pressure on this strange device of a pen

Sorry for your loss, Vatt'ghern :(...and I had that happen with my PC back over the summer. Push the power button and nothing comes on. I'd give you the name of the company I got my new system with (which I'm _very_ happy with...I added extra fans to reduce overheating problems I'd had with the prior one, and the thing's still quieter than the old one was) but I'm not sure they ship outside the US.

Whisperwind said:
for some time I really thought you tried your cookings on your pc and maybe it exploded or smth... :D
If I did that, I think You would add some restrictions to not letting me into Your kitchen when I am alone :pProbably You would start thinking about some whorl-checking system in the entrance to the kitchen :pAs to the letters it is good to send them after writing, btw ::)
Whisperwind said:
...and I had that happen with my PC back over the summer. Push the power button and nothing comes on. I'd give you the name of the company I got my new system with (which I'm _very_ happy with...I added extra fans to reduce overheating problems I'd had with the prior one, and the thing's still quieter than the old one was) but I'm not sure they ship outside the US.
Don't worry so much :beer: It is great occasion to get newer CPU at last ;D This one-core CPU I have now, won't live long as I prefer using 120% of what it can give to me xDAs to the companies - we have some here as well :D So far I am really happy with these I got my PC from and I am using their services for over 3 years.As to the heating and quiet - My PC never overheated :whatthe: I am torturing it and it never complained about high temperature... Unbelievable... And it is really quiet ^_^ two fans - one from power supply and one from CPU work so quietly that if not a damn bright blue light around power button it would be hard to recognize it is working at all :D And I don't need another fan for graphic cards, because I prefer these with heat sinks ;)

Whisperwind said:
_> :whistle: I know nothing...
You seem supicous, Whisperwind, are you sure you know nothing? Or are you keeping secrets :DWell, I feel I've written already about the pains of apllication essays, but that won't stop me now ;DThe current one is rather simple (probaly that is the thing that makes is painfull...)...It is a application for a Honors Program in which I simply am to write about at least one feature of the Program that appeals to me... BAH!... I does not like it...I can has cheeseburger.Guess somethings wrong with me the last few weeks :teeth:

Vattghern said:
Don't worry so much :beer: It is great occasion to get newer CPU at last ;D This one-core CPU I have now, won't live long as I prefer using 120% of what it can give to me xDAs to the companies - we have some here as well :D So far I am really happy with these I got my PC from and I am using their services for over 3 years.As to the heating and quiet - My PC never overheated :whatthe: I am torturing it and it never complained about high temperature... Unbelievable... And it is really quiet ^_^ two fans - one from power supply and one from CPU work so quietly that if not a damn bright blue light around power button it would be hard to recognize it is working at all :D And I don't need another fan for graphic cards, because I prefer these with heat sinks ;)
Well, the overheating problem I was having on the old system was because the CPU fan had started sticking. For probably 3-4 months before it died, I was running it with the case open and a small desktop fan pointing into it. And the graphics card was a bit old and probably needed replacing. ...so when whatever happened to it that killed the system, I just figured it'd probably be about the same price just to go with a new system. If anyone's curious, my prior system was assembled by IBuyPower and the current one by CyberPower. I haven't bought a name brand one since my oh so fun experiences with a Compaq Presario back in the late-90s and the discovery that they'd hardwired in a video chipset :p

привет всем.у меня есть проблема с установкой игры помогите.проблема такая,после установки игры она не запускается пишет,что не найден exe файл.прикол то в том,что я на другом компе установил этот же самый диск и там она пашет.в чем причина не пойму

*Lifting an eyebrow*Bartender! A coffee please, for our guest here!(If we drink a coffee together, will you speak English then? Please?) :)

TheSilver said:
TheSilver said:
_> :whistle: I know nothing...
You seem supicous, Whisperwind, are you sure you know nothing? Or are you keeping secrets :D
No, she just forgot :]Whisper, c'mon! Not only You want to hurt Yourself in any possible way, but also You claim You have problems with memory! xDI was off for a weekend... if I were off for a week You would probably finish in hospital :pBut good news - it was a mainboard, I will soon replace it, then only phone to the net-admins to change my number of net-card in their database and I am ready to get here back! ;DBtw. January passed really quickly... now I hope summer will come equally quickly ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom