Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassandra31EEE said:
I left, i came back, and you people are still in the same page? What's the matter with you? I think you work too hard and relax too little, this is the problem.
We just were missing our soul of the forum ;DGood that You are back :beer:

First of all..i'm looking for that fox but i can't find it :wall: ..and second i'm glad to hear that you are ok...it was a big trip but not so big as Italy-Spain witch is 16 ours :p ..and.. go rest your self...

Cassandra31EEE said:
I left, i came back, and you people are still in the same page? What's the matter with you? I think you work too hard and relax too little, this is the problem. Well, Athens was hell like always. I don't know about other big cities (in other countries), but here are all so sad i feel depressed every time. It's good to be home again. (The first night in Athens i thought i heard a fox. Then i gave a second thought: "Yeah, right. This was a fox...") :D
All cities are more or less the same. Avoid where possible. :)

well atm i do not have the luxury of avoiding the city, i live IN it ;) ... but as cities go, Montreal is pretty cool, so it's not all bad :)

I can"t for life of me understand why anyone would like to live in the city. The concrete,steel and glass all so cold. The noise and traffic. What the nightlife at night which only hides the uglyness in the light of the day

i live where i work ;) .. i don't believe in polluting the planet even more just to live in the country. when i retire, then i'll leave the city :peace:

Ratbag said:
I can"t for life of me understand why anyone would like to live in the city. The concrete,steel and glass all so cold. The noise and traffic. What the nightlife at night which only hides the uglyness in the light of the day
Well, I don't necessarily like to live in the city, but that is there some people feel alife. The hustling and movement, people that you never know.Personally I like the city because of the connection between people. You go to a show (Rocky Horror :whistle: ) and met people :beer:Well, got the last performance behind me. God, I am so dead :dead:Now I will have to to homework and at sometime in the future we're filming the play. In addition our director is playing with the idea of doing "The Crucible" this year.That's such a funny play :peace:

First of all..i'm looking for that fox but i can't find it
You live in a city, that's why. ;)
i live where i work Wink .. i don't believe in polluting the planet even more just to live in the country. when i retire, then i'll leave the city
You are so right. If you haven't a job near you, living in country gives you big problem. And about the car pollution... i 'm dreaming of a horse! :D No, seriously! I imagine riding my horse and go everywhere together! But it's dangerous for the horse, to run through cars, and i don't think they ever construct roads for horses... :hmmm:

Cassandra31EEE said:
And about the car pollution... i 'm dreaming of a horse! :D No, seriously! I imagine riding my horse and go everywhere together! But it's dangerous for the horse, to run through cars, and i don't think they ever construct roads for horses... :hmmm:
With a horse You don't need roads :DI would enjoy having a horse, riding it wherever I want, through forests, meadows... it would be great :)Even better if some friend had a horse too and would go sometimes with me ;DIt would be also possible to dress like a hussar :hmmm: Can You imagine? ;D

Cassandra31EEE said:
With a horse You don't need roads
Come on! :mad: With the roads we have now, where should i ride? Through forests? Forests are not always easy to cross.
Through the mountains for example ;DThere are lots of meadows around - all there is need to do is to ride 10-20 meters from the road ;DThere are really lots of possible ways :) Sometimes when I am travelling, I look outside the window and imagine me in there, on the horse, riding, with wind in my hair ^_^

i can't imagine myself living in country :eek: ..i prefer cities...those cities which have everything you want and tsose which are not big..because i dislike traffic :) and people behavior (when there is a big one) ...I dread to think that i will ride a horse :-[...i realy afraid them because they are bigger than me...i have saw from close range how a horse looks like and it's a realy awesome think..i have heard also that horses are very frieldy...but i don't want to think what will happen if i fell from it...or for some reason get agry..i will prefer a beach 8) , away from big cities with depressed people and traffic jams..And one more think,, i prefer going somewhere with my bicycle :peace: rather than going somewhere with other transporter vehicles...

I don't like horses either... I mean I like them just to look at but not to ride it because they are toooo big for me. Once I rode a horse for the first time in my life and it was horrible. I was afraid I fall down ;DI live in a big city but in a district which is at the city's border and I like it. There is public transport to all places I want to go. But I don't like to live downtown because of all the big buildings and city lights. I have a friend who lives in the heart of the Reeperbahn (if you know this place ;D ) She likes it cos every club etc. is within reach but for me it's toooo noisy and loud. This part of the town never sleeps :whatthe:

Cassandra31EEE said:
And about the car pollution... i 'm dreaming of a horse! :D No, seriously! I imagine riding my horse and go everywhere together! But it's dangerous for the horse, to run through cars, and i don't think they ever construct roads for horses... :hmmm:
There's equestrian trails in the valley near me. http://www.clemetparks.com/pdf/reservations/trailmaps/rrsouthmap.pdfhttp://www.clemetparks.com/pdf/reservations/trailmaps/rrnorthmap.pdfAlso isn't that unusual to see horses on some of the roads around the top edge of the valley either. ...and about an hour's drive south of me is Amish Country, so...

PetraSilie said:
I don't like horses either... I mean I like them just to look at but not to ride it because they are toooo big for me. Once I rode a horse for the first time in my life and it was horrible. I was afraid I fall down ;DI live in a big city but in a district which is at the city's border and I like it. There is public transport to all places I want to go. But I don't like to live downtown because of all the big buildings and city lights. I have a friend who lives in the heart of the Reeperbahn (if you know this place ;D ) She likes it cos every club etc. is within reach but for me it's toooo noisy and loud. This part of the town never sleeps :whatthe:
I would only ride my horse if I'm going through my field but it's rare that i go out to the field anywaysand I agree, I really don't like horses, for many reasons but I think its mainly the saddle burn. :p

Cassandra31EEE said:
First of all..i'm looking for that fox but i can't find it
You live in a city, that's why. ;)
i live where i work Wink .. i don't believe in polluting the planet even more just to live in the country. when i retire, then i'll leave the city
You are so right. If you haven't a job near you, living in country gives you big problem. And about the car pollution... i 'm dreaming of a horse! :D No, seriously! I imagine riding my horse and go everywhere together! But it's dangerous for the horse, to run through cars, and i don't think they ever construct roads for horses... :hmmm:
That's the point. They constructed all the roads for horses (and walkers) but the cars have taken them over, and driven the horses and walkers off. In England, it is definitely legal to walk or ride a horse on the road, but no-one is sure whether it's legal to drive a car on the road or not. There was a test case about twenty years ago, but the high court refused to hear it because if they had found it was illegal to drive a motor vehicle on the road in England (which apparently it probably is) there would have been chaos.

I think the only thing I can add to this lovely discussion about horses is that they taste good.At least I think so, not completly sure that was horse I ate.It was something though.Anyway, I think I'm feeling somewhat alive again. No, I do not need to be tested by poking me with a stick.I'm not dead yet.I think I'll go for a walk.I think I'm digressing slightly, anyway.The performances are over and we did quite well, full house almost every night (at about 90 seats).Now I need to find two monologues for drama. A comedic one and a dramatic one.Infact, I've thought about learning the song "Paddy's Sick Note" for the comedic one.So, anybody have any recommendations? :beer:

Simon, this information is very interesting! But here, we have mainly roads for cars (i don't believe we still have so old constructed roads, from the years before cars). I have a friend who likes fairie tales and Medieval Age. Every time we want to go somewhere and the plantation doesn't leave us, we remember the Sleeping Beauty and curse something like: "Damn all the fairie tales!" ;D Anyway, we want to make a big medieval coat, to wear it at our walks in the forests. :teeth: Yesterday i told her i 'd love a horse too, and she answered: "OK, let's say we manage to hide (from other people) our coats, but how would you hide a horse? :D It's impossible! You should leave your house every time with the horse!"
I think the only thing I can add to this lovely discussion about horses is that they taste good.
:-X I haven't taste one, nor will i taste. ( It's not my favourite method to know more about an animal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom