Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you're not forced to do anything in College, you are there by your own free will *cough* :teeth:I'd really love for my teachers to simply stick to a core section and let the optional stuff be optional instead of "Well, this is optional, but I am making you do it anyway."Also I'd like to hear something different from "Work, work, work"

*cought* Silver..You have just spent me 5minutes from my life reading that text :wall: .........Oh well at least had litle fun ;D

IcedSoul said:
*cought* Silver..You have just spent me 5minutes from my life reading that text :wall: .........Oh well at least had litle fun ;D
*hands Iced_Soul a Talkie Toaster as a consolation gift?*Toaster: Howdy doodly do. How's it going? I'm Talkie, Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion. Talkie's the name, toasting's the game. Anyone like any toast? Lister: Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast. Toaster: How 'bout a muffin? Lister: Or muffins. Or muffins. We don't like muffins around here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels, no croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot-cross buns and definitely no smegging flapjacks. Toaster: Aah, so you're a waffle man. ...Holly: Strike a light! I'm a genius again! I know everything! Metaphysics, philosophy, the purpose of being-everything! Ask me a question, any question, and I'll answer it. Talkie Toaster: Any question? Holly: Yes. Talkie Toaster: How to break the speed of light? How to marry quantum mechanics and classical physics? Any question at all, truly anything and you will answer? Holly: Yes. Talkie Toaster: OK, here's my question: Would you like some toast? Holly: No, thank you. Now ask me another. Talkie Toaster: Do you know anything about the use of chaos theory in predicting weather cycles? Holly: I know everything there is to know about chaos theory and predicting weather cycles. Talkie Toaster: Oh, very well. Here's my second question: Would you like a crumpet? Holly: I'm a computer with an I.Q. of 12,000. You don't seem to understand; I know the meaning of the universe. Talkie Toaster: That's not answering my question. Holly: No, I would not like a crumpet! Now ask me a sensible question, preferably one that isn't bread related. Talkie Toaster: Very well. I have a third question. A sensible question. A question that will tax your new I.Q. to its very limits and stretch the sinews of you knowledge to bursting point. Holly: This is going to be about waffles, isn't it? Talkie Toaster: Certainly not. And I resent the implication that I'm a one-dimensional, bread-obsessed electrical appliance. Holly: I apologise, toaster. What's the question? Talkie Toaster: The question is this: Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake? Holly: That's another bready question. Talkie Toaster: It's not just bready. It's quite curranty, too.

Love the Talkie Toaster ;DWell, drinks are on me again tonight.Not only did I get the acceptance letter today, but also spend a few hours on the campus.Now I await the Aye or Nay from the Honors Program.To my understanding Westminster College is rather prestigiousLet the beer flow :beer:

Congratulations, Silver!I loved university and found it much less stressful than high school; for me, having far more control over my fate was worth the additional workload. Not to mention that the dregs had been weeded out, so there were fewer stress-inducing people around. ;) Your mileage may, of course, vary.

I empathize with the stressful final year of high school. Related rates in AP calculus are hard and evil. AP physics is evil when one's teacher should have retired a millennium ago. AP government isn't that hard, though. At least I grew up with that stuff because most of my family have law-enforcement-related jobs. BUT, I got into all three colleges I applied to!

Math can be rather awful... Just learning about Set Theory... Nothing too hard but rather tedious :teeth:Well, looking forward toward the end of highschool, but not the next two months full of testing :dead:

Well not two full months... That was rather referring to the amount of studying and testing...We have these funny things called CRTs and then I have to take Cambridge testing in IA English (3 Essays in 2 hours) and IA European History (4 Essays in 2 and a half hours)...It is not very pleasant and I am surprised that I survived last years test :teeth:In fact, I call it the "Trial of G(r)asses" :teeth:

What is with these essays? As far as I know You write them all the time, anywhere You can. And now I see even exams are made only of these :whatthe:Aren't You bored? I mean... writing all the time long and time-wasting essays instead of simply making open tests, where You get the question and from history for example need to put reasons for some war and then its effects.I hope at least at maths You have exercises :D

Today's my birthday. Last night, two Witcher friends stabbed me in the back. :'(Quick, somebody get me some raspberry juice!

Vattghern said:
What is with these essays? As far as I know You write them all the time, anywhere You can. And now I see even exams are made only of these :whatthe:
My civil procedure midterm exam last Wednesday was five questions in length, all essay, 2 hours allowed for the exam. ....writing the answers to th first two questions alone took up the first hour.

Corylea said:
Today's my birthday. Last night, two Witcher friends stabbed me in the back. :'(Quick, somebody get me some raspberry juice!
Cory, you get your raspberry juice and a birthday goodie

Hail Corylea!Best wishes!Vatt in vat full of raspberry juice in the way! :D(btw. I would never know my nick means also a tank if not You ;D Thank You :-*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom