🍺Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic

+
Yeah there were technical issues with the old thread (we think due to it's size and migration across multiple forum platforms), so we had to put the old girl down :(. Something ends, something begins ...

Last edited:
We mistook the stars reflected in a pond at night for those in the sky :cry: (...No idea how that quote is relevant to the subject at hand, I just wanted to put it here :coolstory:)

About a video posted on the old version of this thread:

That was a pretty good (and leeengthy) essay, very insightful, with some great observations about the whole Dragon Age saga and, although I feel the video’s author, NeverKnowsBest, focused too much on the saga’s shortcomings (while being a bit snobby and too subjective from time to time for my taste), it was still a very well put video. It did surprise me that he found lots to criticize about Dragon Age: Origins considering how acclaimed the game was/is but, if you’ve ever played it, you’ll see his observations make a lot of sense (critising Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition, on the other hand, is like shooting fish in a barrel :LOL: )

Despite agreeing with most of what he said about the games I still hold Origins and, quite especially, Inquisition dearly to my heart (I skipped DA2 entirely). I do not share what small bits of optimism he holds about the future of the saga, though, because of a very simple reason: past times are that, past.

I’m gonna have to check his retrospectives of The Witcher games, watching him tear those games down is surely going to be an educational experience.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Eulogy: The original Hairy Bear was filled to the brim with stuff. Some of it was funny. Some of it was horribly embarrassing. Most of it was warm and fuzzy stuff involving people I very much miss. I would have kept that thread open for posting until its size destroyed the site and warped the very fabric of the internet. AND YOU KILLED ITHKSHDGJKSNGKJ

The thread was 12 years old, so you took it out before it was even legally an adult. You're like if the terminator was successful at killing Sarah Connor in the first movie. Future history teachers will weep openly as they teach what transpired here on the 6th of June. Children will come up with disparaging songs about your actions. National holidays will be declared worldwide after a sufficient mourning period, and people will congregate in remembrance while swaying candles in unison and spontaneously erupting into hymns.

Also, I just noticed that the thread name was based on a place in the first game. Trippy. Anyway, powerful enemy, yada yada.

I regret not browsing it one last time before it was killed.

It's only locked to further replies. Due to its size it started behaving oddly.. Tends to happen when they grow up :coolstory:

Still public and browser-able though.

wow just saw this (after long)
waiting to see the exponential explosion in the coming weeks towards the end of the month (and especially post september)

Top Bottom