🍺Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic

+
@ReptilePZ
What can I say? On the day you left, it felt like the sun stopped shining for me - I was no longer being exposed to deadly UV radiation from a dieing star, one that all those Ciri haters seemed to gather around, only to vanish in an eventual supernova that was culminating in my ascension to modhood.

By the way, do you moderate the German side exclusively or do you also do the international forum? Just need to know which forum needs to be made aware of my sudden realisation that Ciri is the best character in the Witcher series :p

Yes, I mainly moderate the German side, but my permissions have been expanded to moderate and lend a hand with the English platforms as well (Forum, Twitch, Steam, Discord, etc.). My fellow mods just do such a great job with it, that I haven't had to intervene much, really. And although you didn't have to mention it, I agree that Ciri is the best character in the Witcher seri... si... Ciries.

Hey Zorn, how's the coffee/Ciri addiction? Still going strong?

To be honest, I have no clue what coffee/Ciri addiction you're talking about. I mean, I could stop at any time. Probably. Ciriously. Just not now. Or tomorrow.

...I can't really tell, I guess I need a coffee first.

Anyway: welcome back, my old nemesis! I guess I'll just have to deal with you from this point onward. And yes, I've read your short story. It was mindblowingly good, but I'll find the book you've copied it from eventually. :p

Add Xena and The Adventures of Sinbad to the list :beer:

This guy knows what's up. Weren't there even Hercules/Xena crossover episodes at some point? Good times.

Bt the way, while I have you here, I have to ask: how's Costa Rica? It's one of those countries that I always cheer for when they're playing at the World Cup. Must be the cool-sounding name (costa prolly means coast, no clue what rica is tho). I imagine it's like a tropical heaven that I should visit at some point. Am I right in my assumption or way off?

@ReptilePZ
What can I say? On the day you left, it felt like the sun stopped shining for me - I was no longer being exposed to deadly UV radiation from a dieing star, one that all those Ciri haters seemed to gather around, only to vanish in an eventual supernova that was culminating in my ascension to modhood.

Little did you know, it was actually a black hole rather than a star that vanished.

Yes, I mainly moderate the German side, but my permissions have been expanded to moderate and lend a hand with the English platforms as well (Forum, Twitch, Steam, Discord, etc.). My fellow mods just do such a great job with it, that I haven't had to intervene much, really. And although you didn't have to mention it, I agree that Ciri is the best character in the Witcher seri... si... Ciries.

Oooh, so many different places to spam with Bonhart fanart and may-mays (that's what the kids call it nowadays, right?), I don't even know where to start. Excellent!

To be honest, I have no clue what coffee/Ciri addiction you're talking about. I mean, I could stop at any time. Probably. Ciriously. Just not now. Or tomorrow.

...I can't really tell, I guess I need a coffee first.

Anyway: welcome back, my old nemesis! I guess I'll just have to deal with you from this point onward. And yes, I've read your short story. It was mindblowingly good, but I'll find the book you've copied it from eventually. :p

Mhm, so good it got... what? Third place?! Psh. Ahem, thanks for the sincirily honest review, regardless :p

Anyway, papa's gotta get to working now, make some of that moolah. Cyberpunk won't buy itself for me. Ciao

Last edited:
Now I want coffee.

Unrelated: My late 90s roots are bubbling up. I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and listening to a Cowboy Bebop soundtrack playlist. I may be getting old.

Cowboy Bebop could never get old! I watch a random episode every other week. Probably seen 'Ballad of Fallen Angels' about a billion times lol

Bt the way, while I have you here, I have to ask: how's Costa Rica? It's one of those countries that I always cheer for when they're playing at the World Cup. Must be the cool-sounding name (costa prolly means coast, no clue what rica is tho). I imagine it's like a tropical heaven that I should visit at some point. Am I right in my assumption or way off?

If you were to ask any other Costa Rican they could tell you some extreme opinions about it: that we’re either the raddest country in Latin America with the most welcoming folk and the best infrastructure around (debatable) or hell on earth (even more debatable) :LOL: But, if you ask me, I think we’re just OK, all things considered (corruption, crime, unemployment, awful traffic, etc. The “trademarks” of a third world country :rolleyes:). Of course, other places have it worse but we could be doing better, with or without the current world crisis.

About the name, Costa Rica is a nice-sounding one but a quite simple one too, it means “Rich Coast” in spanish... One thing is accurate about it: we have coasts :coolstory:

Something I’ll agree with our national tourist board about our country: we have some pretty sights over here. Sure, we don’t have places as striking as Angel Falls, Teotihuacán, Rio, or Mount Roraima, but our attractions are more “subtle”: lots of nice beaches (personal recommendation, although expensive: Flamingo Beach), a sizeable amount of volcanoes (p.r.: Arenal Volcano, its adjacent reservoir, and its surrounding hot springs), tons of rainforests (p.r., although I’m yet to visit it: Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve), even a little bit of savanna and moorland in some small pockets of the country if you’re into that.

Do come someday! Regardless of the negatives I said, it’s still a worthy place to visit :cool: [This message has been partially approved by the Costa Rican Tourism Board.]

Cowboy Bebop could never get old! I watch a random episode every other week. Probably seen 'Ballad of Fallen Angels' about a billion times lol

Cowboy Bebop is love, Cowboy Bebop is life :beer:

I've watched an Irish person react to that sheep video. Even he couldn't understand a lot of what the farmer said, the accent is so thick.

I think I remember those undead warriors... just a few of them, yes...

SG_Triss.jpg

My Photoshop skills are kinda sheep, but after reading your posts about Hercules and Xena... I just couldn't resist.
(Feel free to edit)

If you were to ask any other Costa Rican they could tell you some extreme opinions about it: that we’re either the raddest country in Latin America with the most welcoming folk and the best infrastructure around (debatable) or hell on earth (even more debatable) :LOL: But, if you ask me, I think we’re just OK, all things considered (corruption, crime, unemployment, awful traffic, etc. The “trademarks” of a third world country :rolleyes:). Of course, other places have it worse but we could be doing better, with or without the current world crisis.

Hmmm, does sound familiar...

*Bulgaria flashbacks*

About the name, Costa Rica is a nice-sounding one but a quite simple one too, it means “Rich Coast” in spanish... One thing is accurate about it: we have coasts :coolstory:

Something I’ll agree with our national tourist board about our country: we have some pretty sights over here. Sure, we don’t have places as striking as Angel Falls, Teotihuacán, Rio, or Mount Roraima, but our attractions are more “subtle”: lots of nice beaches (personal recommendation, although expensive: Flamingo Beach), a sizeable amount of volcanoes (p.r.: Arenal Volcano, its adjacent reservoir, and its surrounding hot springs), tons of rainforests (p.r., although I’m yet to visit it: Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve), even a little bit of savanna and moorland in some small pockets of the country if you’re into that.

Do come someday! Regardless of the negatives I said, it’s still a worthy place to visit :cool: [This message has been partially approved by the Costa Rican Tourism Board.]

Ah, rica - rich. Makes sense, kinda obvious when I look at it now. Good to know, though.

I'm kinda sold on the tourism pitch. Who knows, maybe once travel is back to normal, those recommendations might come in handy, cheers.

Hey, all. So, what have I missed? Aught of interest? Or has @ReptilePZ simply vanished again?

Everyone always asks where is Reptile but nobody ever asks how is Reptile.

How's it going, ye old pun-meister?

Everyone always asks where is Reptile but nobody ever asks how is Reptile.
Oh, very well. How is Reptile not here?

Ach, well enough, I suppose, though you'll be glad to learn that my puns aren't what they once were. Time's taken its toll. Too many crossbow bolts. . . the quiver's near empty.
You're a real barrel of laughs, you know that? :p

And yourself?
Yeah, not too bad, all things considered - just waiting to play Cyberpunk this month in November.

Last edited:
You're a real barrel of laughs, you know that?
Ay, but it's not always a piece of keg to come up with fresh puns. And when there are none available, I feel a wee bit downcask.

Yeah, not to bad, all things considered - just waiting to play Cyberpunk this month in November.
Well, at least it's finally on the horizon, eh? Hope it lives up to all expectations! No pressure, right?

Last edited:
Imagine Cyberpunk coming out and there's no way you can find the time to play it. Adult life!

Imagine Cyberpunk coming out and there's no way you can find the time to play it.
That nearly happened to me with Witcher III's expansions. Had plenty to do back then, and, to crown it all, I'd taken on moderating as well. Luckily, in the end, I managed to find time.

Hopefully, everyone will be so fortunate.

Top Bottom