🍺Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic

+
Bejesus, even the hairy bear has changed this year ! Is nowhere safe, nothing unaffected, no ground sacred? I'll tell ye this though, If I must order food with my Guinness 0.0 it'll have to be the rubber sandwich over there... 'cause we all know where the Wench has been ;)

So the old profile hints that many of my oul' muckers are still around, know I've oft thought of you all many times over the years, especially this anus horribilis, remembering the good times, hoping you're all well, or at least surviving the myriad madnesses of these times. Keep 'er lit over the coming winter (unless you're in California or Australia ofc) !

As for me, in short, haven't been gaming much at all, but what with the approaching storytelling season and the tempting imminent launch, I figured I'd break my 4 year embargo on cyberpunk news, quickly regretted it, and formulated a new plan that might involve lurking around this old haunt, perchance to hear the wisdom, or wails, of the spirits of winters past...

I thought it fair to warn ye ! 😉

Bejesus, even the hairy bear has changed this year ! Is nowhere safe, nothing unaffected, no ground sacred? I'll tell ye this though, If I must order food with my Guinness 0.0 it'll have to be the rubber sandwich over there... 'cause we all know where the Wench has been ;)

So the old profile hints that many of my oul' muckers are still around, know I've oft thought of you all many times over the years, especially this anus horribilis, remembering the good times, hoping you're all well, or at least surviving the myriad madnesses of these times. Keep 'er lit over the coming winter (unless you're in California or Australia ofc) !

As for me, in short, haven't been gaming much at all, but what with the approaching storytelling season and the tempting imminent launch, I figured I'd break my 4 year embargo on cyberpunk news, quickly regretted it, and formulated a new plan that might involve lurking around this old haunt, perchance to hear the wisdom, or wails, of the spirits of winters past...

I thought it fair to warn ye ! 😉
Welcome back! It's always nice to see old friends at the bear. If you want the deep dive from here, check https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...e-heard-so-far-about-cyberpunk-2077.11008534/

Yo Rawls, well met! :)

Now, I could explain my feelings about this in depth, but we've all been here before, and this is the bear, AND my teeth are too long, so I'll just sum it up...

"Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear".

Great heavens! @Aes Sídhe ! Ach, man, I'd near given you up for vanished and faded into the marshland fogs! You've been mist! Welcome back, indeed!

This newfangled pub can't boast a patch on the charms or dust of its hairy forebear -- and it has a sorry show of barrels; but, have a round on the house, nonetheless -- for old time's sake! Ay, 'tis glad I am to see you!
1603514105516.png

You've been mist!

You weren't far wrong my semitautological friend ;) I've certainly been pissed, varnished, and jaded with the march to the bogs, many times. Damn spell checkers eh, death to the all-knowing algorithm, nigh!

As for the barrels, well someone just won't stop smashing them I guess, and would they still really be barrels if they did? But they're not alone, I expect one more clumsy boot to the legs of my old table will be the end of it. It's as well your generous with the rounds!
irish-mist-50cl-1990s-liqueurs.jpg

@Rawls I realised that was a thread you curate, so checked it out, and the sections allowed me to avoid the stuff I wish (basically any implementation details, and journo/expo opinions), so I've now read sections 1,9,12&14, thanks man, great job, helps a lot. Reminded me how apropos this game could be.

Pondsmith was quite prescient here eh.. "in 2022.. the net itself became corrupted to the extent that it's mostly too dangerous to use."

Stout - ordered.
Table legs - bit shakey.
Barrels - looking apprehensive.

Well, that was unexpected. My sympathies to all affected. Tough luck ye blues ;)

So Resident Evil 3 remake it is then, RE2 last year was great, just like the first time - only better! (I know, it shouldn't be possible, but it was like how your gamedreams update, know what I mean?). Also last year The Outer Wilds was a quirky wee gem, see no mention of it on the forum, check it out lads, recommended, especially if in need of a little calm, and space.

Ah, @Bellator Pius Gratus ! I was hoping you might drop in to see Aes was back!

Thanks, old chap, but I'll have to keep it for later -- clear head, and all that.

Aye, I'm thrilled! :D Got me thinking of Bloth, speaking of old guards.

But...sorry I've been away, but didn't you say bye bye a while back? Or did I dream that? :rolleyes:

I never said a pint of what, exactly. ;)
I'm drinking ginger ale. :p

Got me thinking of Bloth, speaking of old guards.
Sadly, our paths never crossed. He was just a wee bit before my time here, although I was once mistaken for him. Seems his humour left quite an impression on the community.
didn't you say bye bye a while back? Or did I dream that?
'Twas no dream. I was out for nine rather empty months -- but I'm back at my post, now.

Aye, time flies. I've been away from the forums far longer than that. It just happened. Not saying I've been busy with something better. Work takes its toll...not to mention time. Got a backlog in my offline life as well as my online life. :shrug:

Anyways, your farewell...it was a tearful and lamented moment.
You calling me old guard and all that. Remember it fondly, but can't find the actual posts!
Lost touch with so many interesting and heartwarming friends here...so..it's good to see you back! :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

Sadly, our paths never crossed. He was just a wee bit before my time here, although I was once mistaken for him. Seems his humour left quite an impression on the community.

A very short wee. :ROFLMAO:

And aye, he did do just that. :coolstory:
Well, it could have been me who mistook you. :sneaky:
Nah, but sometimes expressed thoughts and how you convey them "sound" similar to someone else.
I bond to those who are like me, think like me or at least behave in a certain friendly and helpful manner.

Heh,Blothulfur. He was a effin treat, he was. Gave me my first 1+.
And as I was new to forums in 2013 I kindly asked what 1+ meant. :sneaky:

He was a legend to me, with a humour that was as obnoxious as it was hilarious. :LOL:
There are a couple of friends that left an impact on me. He is one of them. So sad to see him go.

You and @Aes Sídhe also made an impression.

Here's to another sunrise!:beer:

Last edited:
Take your pick.
Has to be the Kaedweni ofc, for contractual reasons, apparently ;)
They're beyond all fears, now.
Theres always the fire yonder.
Welcome back my dear dear friend!
Great to see you too mucker, I was hoping you'd drop by this winter as well ! :)
Got me thinking of Bloth, speaking of old guards.
Aye, doubt we'll see him anymore myself, I'm sorry to say. It's been tough where he is and particularly for what he does, this year. Hope he's well. He's a survivor though !
I'm drinking ginger ale. :p
Witch ! Burn him !! Buuuurn heem !!!
You'd have got on very well, imo. It's not his whole story, but he'd say the things I reckon many of us were thinking - in some locked off part of the brain - but would never say, 'cause if we did we'd fail at imparting the humour... Aye anyone but Bloth would've been added to the fire 🔥

I'm not going anywhere btw, be around for new year at least, I reckon. Probably take that long to figure the forum, multiposting, and just wasted half an hour trying to upload a vid, then audio... It was really great, you'd a liked it :p

Hunters Moon growing out the window atm, just in time for Samhain ! Ominous... Just like the bonfire still burning over yonder. I walked around it and through it, and was fairly overwhelmed by how very pagan it is. It's certainly not the other thing ;) Thought about joining in, following the old customs, throwing some stones at it - perfect spherical ones ofc - but who'd be mad enough to invite that flame in to the hoose? Ye wouldn't want that to light yer Winter Hearth.

Stay warm lads... with the Spirits !

Then have a dance with Sean "O' the Dead" Bean, Friday night is céilí night !

Me, I've got me own Zombies to burn, escaping the city of Raccoons.

Last edited:
I've been having a really good time playing D&D with a group of college friends since march. We just finished Waterdeep: Dragonheist and are now transitioning into Descent into Avernus. It's been really fun getting back into a regular weekly table-top group.

Top Bottom