🍺Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic

+
Bartender, one bottle of Est Est please
1656687944968.png

Cheers, Sunsi!

How is everyone doing this summer?
Rather preoccupied, but quite well.
We picked up new archery hobby with recurve bows this spring and have been enjoying it a lot.
Jolly good luck with it! I did some archery when I was in college, and, just recently, @Draconifors and I tried the crossbow. I rather doubt I'll ever be a sharpshooter; Drac, however. . . .

Jolly good luck with it! I did some archery when I was in college, and, just recently, @Draconifors and I tried the crossbow. I rather doubt I'll ever be a sharpshooter; Drac, however. . . .

Ah yes, I heard that you have interesting summer going on there = ) Hopefully everything goes well!

We aren't quite close to sharpshooters either :D Earlier in spring it wasn't that bad to miss the target, but now that all the grass and bushes have gone wild in union with mosquitoes, it became rather exhausting to look for those missed arrows. Somehow even the most colorful arrows are masters of disguise and can even dive underground... While looking for them, mosquitoes will eat you alive. But there is a solution for that (and actually hitting the target wasn't first of them)!

We got extra strong "net" to the background, which stops the arrows and drops them right on that spot. All nicely gathered in one place = ) Arrows won't pierce it and net also isn't damaging them at all, so now only problem left is the mosquitoes. I swear those tiny little suckers wait for the moment where you are trying to aim and then hit right at that instant!

We started with basically the cheapest bows and arrows and it made things rather challenging. Small equipment upgrade already helped the accuracy A LOT. Now we only miss like half of the arrows anymore :D Now waiting for that next gear upgrade which should make things lot more steady. Now we have been using all sorts of mixed length/weight/material arrows whit whatever bows and distances. While still also trying to learn the basics with aiming.

Ah yes, I heard that you have interesting summer going on there = ) Hopefully everything goes well!
Interesting, indeed. Overall, things are going very well -- even the weather is co-operating, to a degree. Thanks!

Somehow even the most colorful arrows are masters of disguise and can even dive underground...
Sounds familiar -- burrowing arrows. . . . The net is rather a good idea.

Try shooting the mosquitoes.
A challenge, that. Should level-up your marksmanship skills quite a bit.

That looks like the amount of money that owning an old car has costed us this summer... Actually two old cars. If only we would have a proper place in this apartment to store bikes, I would use that more. Way more...

Old cars do get my sympathy and I do know and accept they will break here and there, but four times in a row in less than a month for one piece of... ahem... is wee bit too much :D

Hello there everybody o7,

been a while since i dwelled through these realms
How is it going everybody? Just wanted to step by and say i am still around
doing okay, more or less ;)

take care folks
lets see if i manage to get intot the forums more frequently
kinda still sucks you can t access them over Galaxy, which is the same login

Hello hello and welcome back = )

I'm surviving the heat and as far as I understand, I'm not the only one doing so.

Anyhoo, have a drink :beer:
*sits down jugging a shot of Whisky*

Aye Sunsi, you re not the only one 27° and 4ht floor here
sometimes i am really melting

Top Bottom