Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
when the 27th descendants of the original Titan settlers returned to Earth with the knowledge to synthesize basic aminoacids and the understanding of continuous computing with biological processors contributed to cleaning up the atmosphere and rebuilding our society as it was in the late 20th century.

...but....do they have the technology to synthesize coffee ?

If they don't control an element which provides infinite energy and erases the
need to sleep I won't consider them an advanced civilization.

@ReptilePZ @AL890

It's the soundtrack from the first movie where I weren't so much involved in actual studio recording, but I was a assistant of composer Andrey Komissarov, whom I'm influenced with music from The Witcher. :) Now they are want to make a sequel. For the second movie we are planning to make a rearrangement of previous pieces, so that's why I'm asking if previous was any good. I'm willing to join a few sessions and record some lines with svirel' and gusli by myself.

I don't know what they are going to do with the script, because Harald is dead. Probably the sequel will be bad. Low budget movies are always bad. :sad:

The first also wasn't so good, because it wasn't historically accurate. Yaroslav did not kill Harald Sigurdsson. This was the biggest facepalm moment I've ever had.

http://youtu.be/titjgPISMBI?t=1h30m37s

I like it, has a Witcher-ish feel to it.
Hope you're recovering allright by the way.
Very interesting period of history, and an interesting culture.
Thank You!
And I'm completely agree with you. Unfortunately not all of the film makers these days feel that way. And those who feel, make it absolutely wrong. :)

@Валькирия Ah, I see. Well, even if the film doesn't end up great, you can make sure the soundtrack is :p Not all low budget movies are bad though, so there's hope.

Anyway, haven't seen the first movie so I can't really comment on its quality.

:facepalm:

Comments:
"Just give this man a damn Oscar and let him go..."

Please, don't save me! I didn't ask it for! Don't force me to watch the human stupidity

Last edited:
I'm gone for one day...and there are around 10 pages that i have to go through...oh well at least i'm glad everything is lively.
@Валькирия haven't seen you for a while, welcome back...i knew someone was missing since i returned...was wondering what happened...

How's it going everyone?
Ugh, yesterday was a weak night...i'm somewhat happy that Thursday will be my last day at work, then i'll be focusing on studying and the "youtube project"
I hope tomorrow will go as planned...if not, history sure likes to repeat itself and slap me in the face alot....

How's it going everyone?
Ugh, yesterday was a weak night...i'm somewhat happy that Thursday will be my last day at work, then i'll be focusing on studying and the "youtube project"
I hope tomorrow will go as planned...if not, history sure likes to repeat itself and slap me in the face alot....

It´s always good to be able to focus on something you care about. It´ll make you feel better, not doubt about it.

Here´s been quite hot these last days. In fact, they say today is going to be the hottest day for October in recorded history (with a max predicted temperature of about 35 ºC).
At least it´s been a good opportunity to try out the air conditioner my new flat had already installed when we bought it. It gets the job done, thankfully!

It´s always good to be able to focus on something you care about. It´ll make you feel better, not doubt about it.

Here´s been quite hot these last days. In fact, they say today is going to be the hottest day for October in recorded history (with a max predicted temperature of about 35 ºC).
At least it´s been a good opportunity to try out the air conditioner my new flat had already installed when we bought it. It gets the job done, thankfully!

I guess "welcome to the global warming" fits...or just a coincidence.
kinda chilly over here, 26 ºC, it's considered somewhat a hot day - the temp may not be high but there's a high % of humidity, I enjoy the winter more because for some reason it makes me feel chilly, and all the bones are relaxed and soft like butter, which makes the nights so calm and sleeping easier.

I guess "welcome to the global warming" fits...or just a coincidence.
kinda chilly over here, 26 ºC, it's considered somewhat a hot day - the temp may not be high but there's a high % of humidity, I enjoy the winter more because for some reason it makes me feel chilly, and all the bones are relaxed and soft like butter, which makes the nights so calm and sleeping easier.

Lol, have to say, that's the first time I ever heard anyone say that. That being said, I prefer the cold over the heat. It's far easier to stay warm than cool in my opinion (barring running up a high utility bill). It's finally starting to cool off here and the humidity has decreased, so it's been very pleasant. Perfect weather to go for a run.

@Валькирия Good to see you back on here and glad to hear some music that you are involved in! Very good stuff, too. Like Rep said, even if the movie is bad, at least there will be one part of it that isn't.

I swear Zorn, your obsession with coffee makes me think you look like this.

It's a miracle you can type coherently. :p

Last edited:
...but....do they have the technology to synthesize coffee ?

If they don't control an element which provides infinite energy and erases the
need to sleep I won't consider them an advanced civilization.

They synthesized the particles of life, coffee was the least of their concerns. They devised more efficient ways to provide the effects of sleep, and they recommend you revise your concept of "infinite energy" :p

But coffee was never lost. It was protected and taken to space to be kept alive for centuries because it's so damn delicious!

Still damn sunny over here.

I'm a winter person myself. I was raised in Finland for a few years so maybe that rubbed off on me. Then again, Israel's winters are pretty eventless; mostly a chill and some rain here and there. So maybe I'm just romanticizing winter a bit because I haven't experienced a serious one since 1998, and I was young back then, barely after my first divorce.

I'm a winter person myself. I was raised in Finland for a few years so maybe that rubbed off on me. Then again, Israel's winters are pretty eventless; mostly a chill and some rain here and there. So maybe I'm just romanticizing winter a bit because I haven't experienced a serious one since 1998, and I was young back then, barely after my first divorce.

Nah, winter's actually amazing. Nothing beats winter nights - a blizzard storming outside, while the fire's roaring in the hearth.

It's actually a parody song, and based on George Gershwin's Summertime, but the atmosphere in that song is amazing.

Last edited:

I was under the impression that Israel can have much harsher winters than one would expect. But I guess that depends on where you are inside the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom