Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, bureaucracy who ever invented that needs to be tortured to death.

Somebody digs up a a world war 2 bomb, not even a big one just some 1000-pound thingy like the last five or six we had.
But Bureaucracy decided ehm within that normal 500 meter radius we always do there is a gas station so let's forcefully evacuate up to 1KM.

Evacuation zone ends 50 meters from my place, but because morons can't read their own map and there is like 1meter of the street in that radius, they gave EVERYBODY in the street "a you are forced to evacuate notice". Worst part forced to leave the house on sunday before 9AM thanks at least till 3-4PM. and the morons can't understand that I'm outside of the red zone because they only read but street X is in it... Yeah the 1 meter where there is nothing but trees.

One thing is sure no way in hell I'm even going to be awake at 9AM on a Sunday.

Worst is one tiny corner of a Retirement home falls in the red zone... So yeah let's evacuate ALL the seniors that actually lived during the war.

Oh, guys I read your posts and I only guess people is gonna crazy 'cause Christmas time is getting closer....

Sadly I it never snows in my village...

I never saw, or felt snow...and i don't care about this...
IT"S November...and everyone is talking about Christmas already...ehh...

---------- Updated at 07:54 PM ----------

I mean is it your work, or you do that just for yourself. So i guess: in general.

Not exactly, just a vision, a dream...i'm a creator, but only in my mind, on the this world...i'm nothing.

Oh well to keep thing positive, i'll go have a drink, having family event, so at least something good needs to come out of this day.
Cheers.

Ugh, bureaucracy who ever invented that needs to be tortured to death.

Somebody digs up a a world war 2 bomb, not even a big one just some 1000-pound thingy like the last five or six we had.
But Bureaucracy decided ehm within that normal 500 meter radius we always do there is a gas station so let's forcefully evacuate up to 1KM.

Evacuation zone ends 50 meters from my place, but because morons can't read their own map and there is like 1meter of the street in that radius, they gave EVERYBODY in the street "a you are forced to evacuate notice". Worst part forced to leave the house on sunday before 9AM thanks at least till 3-4PM. and the morons can't understand that I'm outside of the red zone because they only read but street X is in it... Yeah the 1 meter where there is nothing but trees.

One thing is sure no way in hell I'm even going to be awake at 9AM on a Sunday.

Worst is one tiny corner of a Retirement home falls in the red zone... So yeah let's evacuate ALL the seniors that actually lived during the war.

More fuss raised now than when blitz were on.

More fuss raised now than when blitz were on.

And just had a restaurant cancel my reservation for Sunday evening... They're 2 KM away on the other side of the river on a small peninsula 3 meters in the evac zone so they won't open Sunday. Since they don't know if they can enter the restaurant before opening time.

The bomb is directly next to an old Synagogue from the 19th century. Only one to survive world war 2 in the region... If dismantling that thing goes wrong there are worse things then "might, maybe, really unlikely" ruin a window in my street.

Guess who's having a great time in the sun?

Do you ever have these days at work with barely anything to do, and then you just sit there wondering what can keep you awake? I have a spectacular job as a cashier and this is what an empty store + boredom + some paperclips gets me. Basically this store is always empty because the location is not very convenient, and I tend to keep myself entertained this way.

@Sanamia Damn, hope all will go well.

Guess who's having a great time in the sun?

Do you ever have these days at work with barely anything to do, and then you just sit there wondering what can keep you awake? I have a spectacular job as a cashier and this is what an empty store + boredom + some paperclips gets me. Basically this store is always empty because the location is not very convenient, and I tend to keep myself entertained this way.

It must be a wonderful place to work! Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with daydreaming, we all do it.

We normally see one bomb evac a year, though this is the first time that they made such a big fuss over such a tiny bomb. I mean forcibly evacuating over 10K people, it's insane. With the usual radius of 500meter I never fell in the red zone before. And a bit of explosion is normal around here.
Have a quarry in the other direction, I got used to the sirens howling before they blow rocks away.

The thing that bothers me is the whole forced removing people. I mean if they even suspect you might be at home they can break down the door and arrest you if you don't leave. Totally insane, so even if I decide to stay over at someone else's place and they get it into their heads that there might be someone inside they could just kick in the door...

That mistake I just made proves I cannot function if I have too much on my mind. The amount of tiny mistakes I have made this week is immense.

@Sanamia Perhaps you mentioned it somewhere but I am on my phone and navigation is difficult. May I ask where you live that this is common?

Perhaps you mentioned it somewhere but I am on my phone and navigation is difficult. May I ask where you live that this is common?

Germany, more specific Rhine/Main near Frankfurt. Apparently the allied forces bombed the region hard at the end of the second world war, and a lot of bombs didn't go off.
You can't dig a single cubic meter around here without finding either a bomb or some ancient roman artifact.

Ironically where I grew up we constantly found German world war 1 bombs and ammunition in the forest...

Well some things can...

Enlighten me :p

Germany, more specific Rhine/Main near Frankfurt. Apparently the allied forces bombed the region hard at the end of the second world war, and a lot of bombs didn't go off.
You can't dig a single cubic meter around here without finding either a bomb or some ancient roman artifact.

Ironically where I grew up we constantly found German world war 1 bombs and ammunition in the forest...

Ah I see. To me as an outsider that almost sounds exciting, but I understand for someone actually living there it can get quite annoying. Did it ever go wrong?

@Brielle Around here no, there was one bomb 2012 in Munich that went a bit wrong. A itsy bitsy 500-pound bomb with a delayed timer. Had to be detonated and that set a few rooftops on fire in the direct vicinity.

The delayed timers are problematic to dismantle, they involve chemicals that should have burned through materials to set of the bombs hours or days after impact. If they try to dismantle or move them it could set of the bomb, so blowing them up is often a solid choice.
Those around here are usually the drop down detonate type where the detonation didn't work.

Does make me appose using bombs or other explosive stuff in wars though, 70 year later and still those things are around... Really stop using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom