Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I watched this documentary, Decoding Neanderthals, and I recommend it to anyone interested in recent advances in the history of our species (from highly reputable sources such as the Max Planck Institute). It basically summarizes recent discoveries that debunk the old, uninformed idea that Neanderthals were beastly brutes that only happen to come across stone tools. What we've known for quite a few years now (and made it into a documentary) is they had a deep understanding of the world and how to engineer tools (not just utensils) for multiple uses, which requires a complex modeling of the world and a representational engine, i.e. language. Also, we all have Neanderthal genes which means Sapiens Sapiens and Sapiens Neanderthalensis were the same species. Gotta appreciate our bygone cousins.

Whom am I going to annoy without @Tjerra here tonight. We need a topic. Hm, what have I done today, that doesn't involve computers. ^^

Last edited:
Has anybody seen Antman yet?

I did. It was OK, kind of entertaining actually. Nothing amazing of course.

I'm curious about their concept of electrical engineering though, since the protagonist says he has a Masters degree but gets confused easily by words like "subatomic".

I did. It was OK, kind of entertaining actually. Nothing amazing of course.

I'm curious about their concept of electrical engineering though, since the protagonist says he has a Masters degree but gets confused easily by words like "subatomic".

Did the protagonist take part of any Erasmus project in the University? :p

Did the protagonist take part of any Erasmus project in the University? :p

Hah wichat too true.

A friend of mine got his degree yesterday. So we had a party. Almost got ruined by a sudden rain right before it started but it stopped just as suddenly as it started.

Got pretty drunk. Sangria at first then a really good expensive Bourbon. After that a couple of beers and then cheap Scotch and lots of it. I really do think the mistake was the beer.

But then there were water balloons. Had a great time trashing my friends house. Hopefully we can make it up to him whenever he wakes up by helping him clean it up. But knowing him he probably did it when we left. So now he might hate us forever.

Anyway we had a lot of fun so I'd say the headache I have right now is worth it.

So, I just got a message from SerieLis, his army service has been shortened to 2 years instead of 4. I guess he'll be back here sooner that we thought.

Last edited:

:smiling2:

I need to stop using armour in the Witcher 3.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom