Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
R. I. P. Renato Bialetti (93), "l'uomo con i baffi", who did not invent the Moka Express (that was his father, Alfonso) but successfully popularized it. His ashes were placed in a large-model Moka Express. We drink a pot of coffee in his honor, as we do every morning.

Attachments

• 21bialetti-obit-1-blog427.jpg
    21bialetti-obit-1-blog427.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 35
Soon I should take the (borrowed) dog out for a walk and after that go to work. Motivation zero today. I could just sleep the whole day.

Yes yes, I'm going... See?

Attachments

• tumblr_n70snetnIh1serpqfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n70snetnIh1serpqfo1_1280.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 30
R. I. P. Renato Bialetti (93), "l'uomo con i baffi", who did not invent the Moka Express (that was his father, Alfonso) but successfully popularized it. His ashes were placed in a large-model Moka Express. We drink a pot of coffee in his honor, as we do every morning.

I find it quite hilarious that he was buried in a coffee pot. ;D

Also appropriate.

Ugh I am awake at the ungodly hour of 9:43AM for this stupid class I'm taking.

I slept through it the past 2 weeks.... :( I'm really not good at making it to classes before 11am

Well, at least you can drink coffee... I can't stand it.

I used to hate coffee. Then there was a Dunkin' Donuts on my way to class every morning in law school. I started stopping by every morning out of sheer necessity, because listening to Professor Tobias teach Constitutional Law at 8:00 am could probably work as one of those sleep audio CDs people buy. That was seven and a half years ago. My three cups in the morning are now a requirement on most days. I have 3/4 of my final cup sitting here with my right now. Mmmmmmmmmm..........

I can't understand coffee drinkers either. They are so hyped about the coffee and it seems to be the answer for everything.

I have tried drinking it several times, but I didn't never get that a-haa feeling. It doesn't keep me awake, it doesn't cheer me up or it doesn't even taste good. I mean, it's not that terrible either, but I just don't want to drink it. I can't see any reason to drink it. Water tastes better.

And because we live in Finland and practically everybody here drinks a LOTS of coffee, I sometimes feel myself like a stranger. Once we went to visit my friends aunt and she was literally shocked that I didn't drink coffee. She behaved like I had insulted her :D My friends know this and when they come to visit here, they bring their own coffees 'cause I don't usually have any :D They even bought me a coffee maker for present :D

If I go to visit people I don't know that well, they need to ask me at least three times "Are you SURE that you don't drink coffee?" Yes, I'm sure. I have been sure for 35 years now... I can't understand how it can be THAT big of a deal. And no, I don't drink tea either (just when I'm sick). Water is really just fine, if you don't have anything else. I don't blame you for being a bad host, I know I'm "different" and I don't expect special service.

:thinking:

Last edited:
I can't understand coffee drinkers either. They are so hyped about the coffee and it seems to be an answer to everything.

Wel there are people ofcourse who exaggerate, but it is kinda personal (atleast in my fair opinion). I love coffee hehe it does give me that extra little boost or when I am kinda feeling meh and then taking some coffee...hmmmmm lol. But yeah I usually get looks when I tell people I don't like tea....tea makes me sleepy and drowsy.

Funny thing though because I do like Ice tea XD

Last edited:
I can't understand coffee drinkers either. They are so hyped about the coffee and it seems to be the answer for everything.

I love coffee hehe it does give me that extra little boos or when I am kinda feeling meh and then taking some coffee...hmmmmm lol.

I had exactly 3 cups of coffee in my life. Never again as far as I can say something on this matter... it's just taste bad for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom