Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? I think they're accurate representations of women in nerd culture .... .... .... .... .... .... bazinga.

don't make me unleash the dragonbirb on you. she will roast your toes off

---------- Updated at 05:13 PM ----------

Welp, first Sucide Squad reviews are in.

yeah I've heard it's terrible. Still, I dislike Jared Leto so hearing that his joker is the flop I knew it would be fills me with sweet schadenfreude.

I wouldn't trust critics until you see it yourselves. They've got it wrong before on other films. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to.

Meh I'm fairly sure Suicide Squad is as bad as the reviews are saying. It's had a lot of script rewrites, a lot of re-filming done, and from what I hear it's pretty sexist too. Viola Davis was the only person I wanted to see, but I'm not sure I want to pay for the movie when she's not the main character. I'll just watch the superior HTGAWM instead.

Meh I'm fairly sure Suicide Squad is as bad as the reviews are saying. It's had a lot of script rewrites, a lot of re-filming done, and from what I hear it's pretty sexist too. Viola Davis was the only person I wanted to see, but I'm not sure I want to pay for the movie when she's not the main character. I'll just watch the superior HTGAWM instead.

I don't trust Critics and never will do. My mum says she'd like to see it as well because she likes the cast, so I think we'll go out next week and watch it. I'll let you guys know if I do.

Gosh...suicide squad is having bad reviews, Bourne has mixed reviews - damn, pretty lazy blockbuster summer

[video=youtube;6YbHHK-py3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YbHHK-py3Y[/video]

The only movie I have high hopes for this year is Rogue One.

Disney need to get off their asses and make an Ahsoka Tano live action movie though. I'd buy 100 tickets and watch it every day.

On the topic of movie recommendations, if anyone else here has an interest in 1920s Hollywood, you might want to give The Cafe Society a shot. Saw it with my family this past week and it was really a fun watch, especially if you're into vintage clothing, cars, music, etc. Kristen Stewart is not my cup of tea, but she does a serviceable job in the film, and Jesse Eisenberg and Steve Carell are solid as usual.

The only movie I have high hopes for this year is Rogue One.

Disney need to get off their asses and make an Ahsoka Tano live action movie though. I'd buy 100 tickets and watch it every day.

Expecting Disney to put a stuff from their TV shows into movies? Yeah, I'm sure they will make Ahsoka Tano movie right after Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher and Luke Cage make a cameo in new Avengers movies*.

*Not gonna happen.

Jared Leto seems like such an obnoxious twat, he completely put me off the movie -.-

Same!! He's so creepy and all his OTT ~~~method acting~~~ is so pathetic. Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill were/are both lovely people and they didn't need to do any method acting -__-. And I don't even have to see Suicide Squad to know that Hamill and Ledger's Jokers were better.

---------- Updated at 09:48 AM ----------

Expecting Disney to put a stuff from their TV shows into movies? Yeah, I'm sure they will make Ahsoka Tano movie right after Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher and Luke Cage make a cameo in new Avengers movies*.

*Not gonna happen.

k.
Well Jessica Jones has a Netflix TV series so I'm totally up for Ahsoka having her own one too. I just need something that is more Ahsoka based. Clone Wars and Rebels are good but they're a bit juvenile.

Did someone mention Jared Leto?

I don't trust Critics and never will do. My mum says she'd like to see it as well because she likes the cast, so I think we'll go out next week and watch it. I'll let you guys know if I do.
Well, at least it's got Margot Robbie in it.

Last edited:
k.
Well Jessica Jones has a Netflix TV series so I'm totally up for Ahsoka having her own one too. I just need something that is more Ahsoka based. Clone Wars and Rebels are good but they're a bit juvenile.

There is a possibility of a new animated Star Wars show (live action I think would be too expensive for them to try it), but I doubt Netflix would do that, since their deal seems to only include MARVEL productions and not even all of them (no chance for crossover between Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD, despite taking place in the same universe)

There is a possibility of a new animated Star Wars show (live action I think would be too expensive for them to try it), but I doubt Netflix would do that, since their deal seems to only include MARVEL productions and not even all of them (no chance for crossover between Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD, despite taking place in the same universe)

Meh, Disney is wasting billions on a Han Solo movie that is likely to be mediocre/terrible, they could at least waste billions on a movie for Ahsoka :( she's way cooler than Han. The only reason Han Solo is a memorable character is because Harrison Ford is great, and I'm doubtful the guy they've cast will be good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom