Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The downside with random periods of time where you don't check the forums you frequent... you find stuff you want to reply to, but they are close to "old" when you do... XD

So anyway...

Yeah the forums are a bit empty, but it'll pick up eventually.

Yeah the forums are a bit empty, but it'll pick up eventually.

*Was refering to himself not checking the various forums he frequents every day*

I have always been pretty random with when I do things. Everything comes in waves... the "play games wave" or the "watch tv-series/movies/youtube/twitch" wave, or the "general internet things" wave. And the length of time which I spend with each of them befor the next wave comes around can vary pretty strongly... hours on occations, but they usually lasts for a day or several days, weeks every now and then, and in rare occations months. XD

And usually once I am in one of those waves, I stay in it until the next one comes around. The games and "watch tv-series/simmilar" waves are usually the largest ones (those combined probably takes up some 75-90+% of my time), with most others rarelly lasting for longer then a day befor the next waves comes around.

Last edited:
So, today I installed Norton to my smartphone. It's already working like a dream!

Very first thing it told me, was that my phone had one very, very dangerous application. It was a red class 1 danger.

That application was my previous virus program...

So, today I installed Norton to my smartphone. It's already working like a dream!

Very first thing it told me, was that my phone had one very, very dangerous application. It was a red class 1 danger.

That application was my previous virus program...

You mean your previous anti virus?

I don't really see why anyone would need an antivirus on a smartphone, unless you download lots of weird or obscure software from unknown or untrustworthy websites. Some common sense rules for safe smartphone use:

1) Don't install all the useless software you come across.
2) Don't follow links on questionable text messages from unknown senders.
3) Never believe you won the lottery.

Most of these also apply for general computer use. Remember: a virus is nothing more than a computer program that does unwanted things, and that somehow you invite into your system. YOU are the most important antivirus.

You mean your previous anti virus?

I don't really see why anyone would need an antivirus on a smartphone, unless you download lots of weird or obscure software from unknown or untrustworthy websites.

Yeah, my previous anti virus.

I can activate Norton to 5 devises with a same prize so why not to use it in my phone too. I don't download practically anything and I hardly ever use internet in it, but still... Why not, in this situation.

Apparently it also helps you if you can't find your phone or if it gets stolen. Haven't looked those features yet so closely.

Yeah, my previous anti virus.

I can activate Norton to 5 devises with a same prize so why not to use it in my phone too. I don't download practically anything and I hardly ever use internet in it, but still... Why not, in this situation.

Apparently it also helps you if you can't find your phone or if it gets stolen. Haven't looked those features yet so closely.

Yeah I think it can help you locate your device... as long as it has access to a data network.

Once your license expires you could look into one of the free antivirus programs. They perform very well in all personal use scenarios, both in mobile devices (eg. Android) and on desktops running Windows.

Gooooooood morning!

I don't understand why everybody in general hates night shifts at work. It's the best shift ever!

You can sleep as long as you like. In the work everything is easy, no bosses, just peace and quiet. You can spend all night dancing and singing while sweeping the floors. And no one doesn't care if the radio volume is LOUD :p Well, storage guys might give you some funny looks, but who cares :)

I went for a run earlier today and phew I'm glad I went in the morning, it is getting SO hot here, even for the UK.
Also weirdly I find when I go running in hot weather, at the end of my run it makes me feel all cold and shivery. I think it might be down to bad blood circulation? Anyone else get this?

I think it's normal, isn't it? Not that I have personal experience at running in hot weather, but isn't that why athletes wrap up afterwards? I thought it was because the sweat's evaporating off and cooling the body too fast.

I think it's normal, isn't it? Not that I have personal experience at running in hot weather, but isn't that why athletes wrap up afterwards? I thought it was because the sweat's evaporating off and cooling the body too fast.

That might be the case!
Yeah I normally try to avoid running in hot weather. In England usually that's not a problem but thanks to stupid global warming running during the summer is getting harder

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

I feel so evil now :hai:

How I imagine you:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom