+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How I imagine you:

Hmm... This seems to be kinda incomplete :thinking:

Or did you mean my fabulous selfie? :hai:

Hi there

Need to post it and share it.

When you teach your children by example day after day, year after year....something good can breed

remarkable display of humility

Very interesting, thanks @wichat. There's always the possibility that a carefully managed business such as FC Barcelona will invest a good amount of time and money on image and PR, including telling their young players how to behave in different situations so this may not necessarily come out of the kindness of their hearts. In any case, that's a great example for all kids out there and a hopeful image for professional sports.

Here's a funny picture (from your link) of a Barcelona kid choking a Japanese kid until he stops crying.

how to behave in different situations so this may not necessarily come out of the kindness of their hearts. ]

Fair-play doesn't mean kindness, of course. But all children show a behaviour according what's mom or dad, or Miss says. Until they learn what this behaviour implies while they grow. My post It's not about kindness or its lack but about attitudes for teaching and learning, about a path engaged years ago, which make me think about some values seem not be lost despite all that marketing..

Fair-play doesn't mean kindness, of course. But all children show a behaviour according what's mom or dad, or Miss says. Until they learn what this behaviour implies while they grow. My post It's not about kindness or its lack but about attitudes for teaching and learning, about a path engaged years ago, which make me think about some values seem not be lost despite all that marketing..

True, children tend to repeat some patterns they learn from their parents, directly or indirectly. And this example of good winners shows that no matter what kids tend to do, it's up to the responsible adults who look after them to teach appropriate values. In other words, many of the horrible things kids or even adults do could have been prevented years ago.

This reminds me of all the recent cases of extreme bullying and how many children are committing suicide. What the hell are the parents of these bullies doing?

Barca does instill a certain class that other clubs don't *cough* Real Madrid *cough*. Humility is at the basis of the style of play in la Masia, kids that graduate are always good sports even if they have douchy personalities. It's easy to be gracious in victory but Barca never blames refs or start rows on the field (and only a few are known to lose their head when losing) and lately it's been amplified by the sheer number of academy players making it to the first team who help other less refined players improve, like Mascherano, who used to be a thug but is now a shining example of fair play.
Teaching children how to be good human beings is arguably more valuable than teaching them how to play the beautiful game for a living.

Back in my Uni-flat... Heaven. So quiet, so peaceful after a summer of work, countless hospital trips (Grandpa was ill - he's ok now) and lots of sofa surfing to get lifts.

Kicking back and relaxing for a few weeks before the Uni starts again... On a slightly okay note, got Nuka World to play, but from what I've heard it's not even a real expansion just another building site.. If it is I am boycotting future Bethesda games until they drop this base-building gimmick, I don't want to build my own home, an Elianora house mod will do for me as it always has.

Too bad the good weather has now gone.

Back in my Uni-flat... Heaven. So quiet, so peaceful after a summer of work, countless hospital trips (Grandpa was ill - he's ok now) and lots of sofa surfing to get lifts.

Kicking back and relaxing for a few weeks before the Uni starts again... On a slightly okay note, got Nuka World to play, but from what I've heard it's not even a real expansion just another building site.. If it is I am boycotting future Bethesda games until they drop this base-building gimmick, I don't want to build my own home, an Elianora house mod will do for me as it always has.

Too bad the good weather has now gone.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you much.

I'm just doing my usual: lying between two chairs and falling asleep at the computer. :lol:

Welcome back! Haven't seen you much.

I'm just doing my usual: lying between two chairs and falling asleep at the computer.

Aye, can't use these forums on my phone, and that's pretty much all I had all summer.

Sounds relaxing ahah, I'm doing a little binge of John Carpenter movies at the moment. Escape from New York next.

I love it.

Aye, can't use these forums on my phone, and that's pretty much all I had all summer.

Sounds relaxing ahah, I'm doing a little binge of John Carpenter movies at the moment. Escape from New York next.

I love it.

Good choice. I've only ever seen bits of them but from what I did see was pretty good. I've mostly been playing a shit ton of Hearts of Stone and watching too much anime on Netflix. :lol:

Good choice. I've only ever seen bits of them but from what I did see was pretty good. I've mostly been playing a shit ton of Hearts of Stone and watching too much anime on Netflix.

Cheesy 80's movies are my weakness. So good.

Which ones? My friend showed me Space Dandy but I bloody hated it (sat through 2 episodes because she swore it got better before I said I couldn't go on).
Still not much of an anime person - However I do really like Cromartie Highschool now (mainly because it has Freddie Mercury for no real reason):

Cheesy 80's movies are my weakness. So good.

Which ones? My friend showed me Space Dandy but I bloody hated it (sat through 2 episodes because she swore it got better before I said I couldn't go on).
Still not much of an anime person - However I do really like Cromartie Highschool now (mainly because it has Freddie Mercury for no real reason):

I prefer 80's cartoons personally, they're great for a laugh.

Anime you mean? Mostly Attack on Titan and a load of Mech stuff. I like robots blowing each other up, what more can I say? :lol:

Why not? I use a tablet and phone to read and post in here all the time. If you want to give RED points or see your profile, just use the "desktop" version of the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom