Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, that's going to be hard for our lads.

I'm not a fan of football, so I won't be watching. By the way, I can't speak German remember?
Well, "Schland" isn't technically german... it's not even a word :p

(boring explanation: "schland" is a mocking abbreviation of Deutschland. Because that's all you hear when people drive around in their cars through the inner cities shouting "Deutschland", drawing out the last syllable, aided by the Doppler effect: SCHLLAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand)

Last edited:
Well, today, by tradition, according to Judaism, starts the judgment day.
I want to wish everyone happy healthy life, now, and in the future. I want to ask for your forgiveness if i ever hurt you, in any unspeakable way. I am very grateful to be part of this community, and cannot express myself enough to show how much i appreciate being part of all of this. I know i was not as active as many of us were lately. For being ignorant in many topics, not understanding others. I want to continue to be part of this, but wish i could, with all the military service, and having leaves once here and there.
last but not least, i just want to say, again, sorry. Hope all of you continue to flourish as you always do, and if you are keeping modest about it, so be it. Hope to speak with you more often in the future, when it comes to personal discussions or anything in this beloved place. Cheers and love
. :hug:

I can never find those for some reason. Even when I search Google.

Tbh, the reason why I asked was the intention of sending you the scanned .cbr volumes you are missing, but your response kinda left me with the impression of "I don't want to have anything with filthy digital editions, solid copies are love, solid copies are life", which I would agree with to an extent, if I weren't living in a country (and city) where such a thing is a luxury.
But I got an info that a certain Italian critter already provided you with the fa- erm, reading material, so all good.

Tbh, the reason why I asked was the intention of sending you the scanned .cbr volumes you are missing, but your response kinda left me with the impression of "I don't want to have anything with filthy digital editions, solid copies are love, solid copies are life", which I would agree with to an extent, if I weren't living in a country (and city) where such a thing is a luxury.
But I got an info that a certain Italian critter already provided you with the fa- erm, reading material, so all good.

Yeah I've already checked it out and they're really good quality scans. :) Panic over!

the inner cities

what "inner city" means in the US (and I think the UK):

what Germans think "inner city" means (Innenstadt):

:)

I miss the food in England so much right now.

Dragonbirb and other Brits living abroad, how do you manage it???? I really just want beans on toast T_T

I am so fucking sore right now, I've had a pain in my side since yesterday morning and it's not going away. I've taken a Paracetamol to try and stop the pain but it's not going away and I can't focus on anything.

Dragonbirb and other Brits living abroad, how do you manage it???? I really just want beans on toast T_T

When you first go abroad, you go into the local Marks and Spencer and think "What a strange selection of food, why are they selling chocolate biscuits?". Then you start to crave the unlikeliest of things - Golden Wonder crisps, fish and chips done properly, lamb...

My sister actually mailed us crisps. Not a good idea in a padded bag. (Yes, really).

And now I crave Singapore food. Simple answer? The cravings do go away as cravings after a while, but make it feel really special when you do get your hands on the food you're missing.

And find an expat community. Preferably one where the members of the group are happy to be in China - there's nothing worse than a crowd of constantly-bitching unhappy expats, it's contagious and should be avoided at all costs. But if you find the right group, preferably with some middle-aged women in it, they'll probably love to show off their cooking.

Oh, and the best source of comfort food is the expat pubs. Irish, New Zealand, Aussie if you can't find British. The best fish and chips here are at a New Zealand pub. I know you're teetotal and it may be difficult for you to go to pubs, but they do have soft drinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom